KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jimmy Kimmel

Jimmy Kimmel
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
ROO just played the Race Card right? Just asking cause the typos in his/her/its sentence make it kind of hard to be sure.


Haha the irony. Sorry, I know it's hard for you to keep up, I'll edit my original post.


__________________


Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 11:08 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Unavoidable

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
My apologies. I made the assumption that you could handle some light reading and an opposing opinion, and offer a well-thought response in return.
From Surtur ? laughing out loud

He's a real mess.


__________________

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 11:37 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha the irony. Sorry, I know it's hard for you to keep up, I'll edit my original post.


Did you just hit on me?


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 01:15 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Gender: Male
Location: Kadena AB, Japan

I'm sure the fact that Colin is black mattered a little. The fact that he is not a good QB while bringing perceived negative attention to his team mattered a lot more.


__________________

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 04:23 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
They should remain silent because they are too stupid to realize they live in a bubble. Liberal Hollywood celebrities are not the people to be pushing this shit. If people in the industry didn't lie and commit hypocrisy it would be one thing, but no. they do not.

You can say people aren't colorblind about Colin K, but you'd have to be stupid to think played race played a significant role.

Jimmy Kimmel’s credibility on health care questioned after this revelation

You support, and perhaps even voted for, the most self-congratulatory narcissist in the celebrity world as president of the United States...a man who has only ever known a life of wealth and luxury, has been running his mouth about things he knows little to nothing about from this privileged vantage point for decades, has been involved in numerous scandals and lawsuits for being a cheat and a fraud, has had the most ****ed up first 8 months of any presidential administration in American history, has yet to make good on his campaign promises, and is even being investigated for what may amount to treason if proven. He is divisive, crude, unprofessional, and dishonest--a hypocrite lacking any real convictions or moral fiber.

But those liberal Hollywood elites who criticize him and his supporters in Congress are pretty stupid, eh? They only had to work from humble beginnings to get to where they are now. What do they know about the struggles of those in poverty and of the middle class, right?

Stop acting like these people are ****ing idiots who are completely out of touch with reality, and that hypocrisy doesn't occur on all sides of the political spectrum. Just admit you just disagree with their political leanings, and that's your biggest beef with them using the spotlight to reach as large an audience as possible. Had Kimmel said things that you agreed with, you'd be in here defending him on the grounds of freedom of speech, you hypocrite.


__________________

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:59 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Gender: Male
Location: The Proud Nation of Kekistan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
You support, and perhaps even voted for, the most self-congratulatory narcissist in the celebrity world as president of the United States...a man who has only ever known a life of wealth and luxury, has been running his mouth about things he knows little to nothing about from this privileged vantage point for decades, has been involved in numerous scandals and lawsuits for being a cheat and a fraud, has had the most ****ed up first 8 months of any presidential administration in American history, has yet to make good on his campaign promises, and is even being investigated for what may amount to treason if proven. He is divisive, crude, unprofessional, and dishonest--a hypocrite lacking any real convictions or moral fiber.

But those liberal Hollywood elites who criticize him and his supporters in Congress are pretty stupid, eh? They only had to work from humble beginnings to get to where they are now. What do they know about the struggles of those in poverty and of the middle class, right?

Stop acting like these people are ****ing idiots who are completely out of touch with reality, and that hypocrisy doesn't occur on all sides of the political spectrum. Just admit you just disagree with their political leanings, and that's your biggest beef with them using the spotlight to reach as large an audience as possible. Had Kimmel said things that you agreed with, you'd be in here defending him on the grounds of freedom of speech, you hypocrite.

If you actually agree with these celebrities then you should want them to shut up too my dude. What you and them need to realize is that Surtur isn't a unique case. There are tons of people being pushed away from your side because they're sick of what they perceive as a bunch of 1 percenters verbally fellating each other and spending half the time shitting on Trump and morally pontificating to the commoners every time they get together, and the media's failure to paint Trump in a bad light since they have remotely the same level of self-control as Trump does while tweeting.

I don't support Trump, but it's pretty obvious the MSM, the democratic party, and the hollywood elites are seriously ****ing up what should be an easy job, ie. making Trump look bad, because the way they're going about this just comes off as alienating to people. Whether or not you feel feeling alienated in response to this is justified or people being irrational, it is the truth of the situation. If these people chilled the **** out they'd be doing their political message more credit than if they continue to constantly inject it into every facet of life.


__________________

“I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!”

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 12:54 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
If you actually agree with these celebrities then you should want them to shut up too my dude. What you and them need to realize is that Surtur isn't a unique case. There are tons of people being pushed away from your side because they're sick of what they perceive as a bunch of 1 percenters verbally fellating each other and spending half the time shitting on Trump and morally pontificating to the commoners every time they get together, and the media's failure to paint Trump in a bad light since they have remotely the same level of self-control as Trump does while tweeting.

I don't support Trump, but it's pretty obvious the MSM, the democratic party, and the hollywood elites are seriously ****ing up what should be an easy job, ie. making Trump look bad, because the way they're going about this just comes off as alienating to people. Whether or not you feel feeling alienated in response to this is justified or people being irrational, it is the truth of the situation. If these people chilled the **** out they'd be doing their political message more credit than if they continue to constantly inject it into every facet of life.


I agree with Kimmel's statements on our current healthcare policies, and the proposals to repeal the ACA without offering something better in return. Beyond that, I don't make any effort to seek out the opinions of celebrities. I only know about Kimmel and Kaepernick because they've made headlines. I don't watch Kimmel's show, football, or much TV at all, really.

People holding more conservative values, like Surtur, will always disagree and cringe away from liberal celebrities, regardless of how much or how little they voice their progressive opinions...hence, my point that had Kimmel called for a complete repeal of the ACA, they'd have supported him for it, or have had nothing to say about it at all. Many of the reasons why they're calling for progressive-leaning celebrities to shut up are the same reasons they voted for and/or support Trump as president.

It is true that celebrities are becoming more and more vocal at non-political functions, but so what? If one disagrees, or even if one agrees but is annoyed by their preaching and praising of each other, roll your eyes and power through or tune out altogether. It's that simple. As celebrities, they have a loud voice and far-reaching platform from which to use it, but it's still just another voice. If they held power in office, then it's a different story.


__________________

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:57 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

(please log in to view the image)


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 06:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

(please log in to view the image)


__________________

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 06:07 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Anyone catch Jimmy Kimmel's aboutface support for Trumpcare? laughing out loud


__________________

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:22 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Well I will say this: he's nowhere near as misinformed as he was about guns.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

This reminds me of the street art Sabo did about Jimmy though during his last cry fest.

(please log in to view the image)

laughing

Jimmy took a picture of himself sitting on a bench with another piece of art by the same guy, and he was flipping off the camera. He tweeted it. I don't think he realized he just exposed more people to the guys art though lol. Silly Jimmy.

(please log in to view the image)

Btw: he's not wearing sunglasses because of the sun. Rather to hide his red puffy eyes.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 9th, 2017 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
This reminds me of the street art Sabo did about Jimmy though during his last cry fest.

(please log in to view the image)

laughing

Jimmy took a picture of himself sitting on a bench with another piece of art by the same guy, and he was flipping off the camera. He tweeted it. I don't think he realized he just exposed more people to the guys art though lol. Silly Jimmy.

(please log in to view the image)

Btw: he's not wearing sunglasses because of the sun. Rather to hide his red puffy eyes.
Toxic masculinity. The world would be a better place if men cried.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:32 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

LOL! So just to be clear: that is toxic. Jimmy feeding millions of americans misinformation about guns and gun control and using tears to manipulate them...not toxic?


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
LOL! So just to be clear: that is toxic. Jimmy feeding millions of americans misinformation about guns and gun control and using tears to manipulate them...not toxic?
Exactly what was misinformed? You can't just label things misinformation because you disagree with them.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:36 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Exactly what was misinformed? You can't just label things misinformation because you disagree with them.


Ben Shapiro did a great video about everything Jimmy said that was wrong or misleading. Go watch, I'm not going to go over his every point.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Gender: Male
Location: The Proud Nation of Kekistan

Did someone seriously just use the phrase "toxic masculinity" with a straight face?


__________________

“I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!”

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:38 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
This reminds me of the street art Sabo did about Jimmy though during his last cry fest.

(please log in to view the image)

laughing

Jimmy took a picture of himself sitting on a bench with another piece of art by the same guy, and he was flipping off the camera. He tweeted it. I don't think he realized he just exposed more people to the guys art though lol. Silly Jimmy.

(please log in to view the image)

Btw: he's not wearing sunglasses because of the sun. Rather to hide his red puffy eyes.

Could be Jimmy has a sense of humor and doesn't feel the need to go apeshit when he's being criticized.


__________________

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:39 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Because I'm nice I'll post a link:



I do look forward to seeing how some will try to spin what Jimmy did.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Could be Jimmy has a sense of humor and doesn't feel the need to go apeshit when he's being criticized.


Could be, but I doubt it.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 08:28 AM.
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jimmy Kimmel

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.