KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jimmy Kimmel

Jimmy Kimmel
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Did someone seriously just use the phrase "toxic masculinity" with a straight face?

Not only that, but because someone made fun of Jimmy Kimmel and how he uses emotional manipulation on people to push an agenda on gun control.

Jimmy Kimmel, same dude who went around asking chicks to guess what was in his pants. Same dude who cries over dead lions...but I've never seen him shed a single tear over San Bernadino or the Pulse nightclub.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Not only that, but because someone made fun of Jimmy Kimmel and how he uses emotional manipulation on people to push an agenda on gun control.

Jimmy Kimmel, same dude who went around asking chicks to guess what was in his pants. Same dude who cries over dead lions...but I've never seen him shed a single tear over San Bernadino or the Pulse nightclub.
wtf. Y'alls minds are twisted af. Vegas was his hometown and the biggest mass shooting in history...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:59 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

If Kimmel had just cried that would be one thing and that would be something he'd have my empathy and sympathy over, but that dried up as soon as he segued into using his emotions as an appeal to attack the moral character of people who disagree with him on policy.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:07 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Kimmel had just cried that would be one thing and that would be something he'd have my empathy and sympathy over, but that dried up as soon as he segued into using his emotions as an appeal to attack the moral character of people who disagree with him on policy.
But you can at least understand the impulse to attack guns in this instance can't you?

The Vegas shooter was mentally unstable and allowed to STOCKPILE dozens of rifles LEGALLY by purchasing them from a store, he was allowed to purchase a "bump stock" LEGALLY and modified his rifles into fully-automatic weapons LEGALLY.

Why is it so hard to for people to understand the attack on policy. Like, shouldn't there be a policy that forbids Bump Stocks or rifles that can be modified. Shouldn't there be red flags when a guy buys 30 rifles?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:19 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
wtf. Y'alls minds are twisted af. Vegas was his hometown and the biggest mass shooting in history...

So then WHY use emotional manipulation to mislead people about guns?

Explain that to me, explain how that isn't twisted. I know you think the "it's his hometown" justifies it, it just makes it infinitely worse actually.

Was Cecil the lion from his hometown too?

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 9th, 2017 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Or immigrants... or Muslims...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Or immigrants... or Muslims...

ohoho! This is about Jimmy Kimmel. You'd never deflect, so when did Jimmy mislead people about immigrants and Muslims?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:37 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

ohoho! This is about Jimmy Kimmel. You'd never deflect, so when did Jimmy mislead people about immigrants and Muslims?

I don't think that's a deflection. A deflection would be something more along the lines of "Look! Republicans did this!"

Rob seems to be calling out your supposed outrage over using emotional appeals in support of better gun control and healthcare reform, even though you haven't expressed the same outrage when conservatives use emotional appeals in support of tougher immigration laws and travel bans.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:53 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I don't think that's a deflection. A deflection would be something more along the lines of "Look! Republicans did this!"

Rob seems to be calling out your supposed outrage over using emotional appeals in support of better gun control and healthcare reform, even though you haven't expressed the same outrage when conservatives use emotional appeals in support of tougher immigration laws and travel bans.

And see, it is a deflection bro. No debating that. You might not think it is, but Rob and his pals have labeled the SAME behavior by me and others as deflection.

Pointing out they are outraged over one thing, but not another.

So yes, it very much is 100% a deflection going by the way these people use it, and nope: they do not only use it for "look republicans!" type of stuff.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:03 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Explain that to me, explain how that isn't twisted. I know you think the "it's his hometown" justifies it, it just makes it infinitely worse actually.

Was Cecil the lion from his hometown too?
Being emotional while expressing his views is not the same thing as emotional manipulation. If you think Kimmel was faking emotions to change gun policy, you’re paranoid. And what motivation does a talk show host have to change gun policy other than feeling horrible about the damage caused? The NRA meanwhile does have motivation to mislead people like you about guns, the more they mislead the more money they make.

A man used a gun to slaughter hundreds of people in Kimmel’s hometown, and y’all are laughing that he’s emotional? It reminds me of Trump making fun of Chuck Schumer for crying while talking about the deaths of his family, Trump called Schumer “cryin Chuck Schumer”

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 07:28 PM
Flyattractor

I miss the days when the main reason to watch Late Nite Talks Shows was to have fun and be entertained. Not set thru one sided Political Rants.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 07:31 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
Being emotional while expressing his views is not the same thing as emotional manipulation. If you think Kimmel was faking emotions to change gun policy, you’re paranoid. And what motivation does a talk show host have to change gun policy other than feeling horrible about the damage caused? The NRA meanwhile does have motivation to mislead people like you about guns, the more they mislead the more money they make.

A man used a gun to slaughter hundreds of people in Kimmel’s hometown, and y’all are laughing that he’s emotional? It reminds me of Trump making fun of Chuck Schumer for crying while talking about the deaths of his family, Trump called Schumer “cryin Chuck Schumer”

Nobody said merely being emotional while expressing views is emotional manipulation. In this case it is, he is crying as he misleads millions of people.

What is his motivation? Good question. I'd love to also know his motivation in peddling misinformation. Is it just about validating the narrative he wants to push?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 09:10 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

If you actually agree with these celebrities then you should want them to shut up too my dude. What you and them need to realize is that Surtur isn't a unique case. There are tons of people being pushed away from your side because they're sick of what they perceive as a bunch of 1 percenters verbally fellating each other and spending half the time shitting on Trump and morally pontificating to the commoners every time they get together, and the media's failure to paint Trump in a bad light since they have remotely the same level of self-control as Trump does while tweeting.
If you're being politically swayed by how celebrities say what they believe, then there's bigger issues here, like maybe how utterly misinformed you are.

It's not a celebrities' problem what people think about what they say. It is society's problem if a dislike of celebrities is what people are using to decide who they entrust the future of the country with.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:30 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
If you're being politically swayed by how celebrities say what they believe, then there's bigger issues here, like maybe how utterly misinformed you are.

It's not a celebrities' problem what people think about what they say. It is society's problem if a dislike of celebrities is what people are using to decide who they entrust the future of the country with.

And the problem is idiots listen to celebrities though. People will see Jimmy Kimmel spew bullshit and believe it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 10:32 PM