KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Monarch replaces Odin against The Fourth Host of Celestials

Monarch replaces Odin against The Fourth Host of Celestials
Started by: backup

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
This is a good way of putting it.

To say that the writers are downplaying characters just to make another look good, would effectively render any and all new threat as over inflated PIS ridden nonsense because they're strong only because heroes are being weakened to make them look good.

And the idea that because a character has 'bigger' feats in the past, that there's something less impressive about the celestials utterly no-selling 3 skyfathers, is blatantly stupid. But, you know whatever.

And they failed to no sell Thor in the very same arc.

So does that mean Thor>>> Three skyfathers?

quote:

Doomsday and Imperiex probes really aren't that impressive I guess. Because the heroes they beat were being lowballed to make them look good, and this is the truth 100% thumb up

Kyle Rayner literally contained a big bang in the very same arc.

Some lowballing right there mate.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 04:15 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Insane Titan
laughing out loud Monarch doesn’t have that kind of power to actually put down the Celestials from the fourth host.

Why not?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 04:15 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:10 AM
Mindset

Celestials

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:23 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Lmao the Celestials used in this match up are from the arc what attacked Asgard, other showings are irrelevant here.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:23 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Lmao the Celestials used in this match up are from the arc what attacked Asgard, other showings are irrelevant here.

So since they went undefeated, nobody can defeat them?

What level of beings can beat the celestials from Thor 300?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:26 AM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by abhilegend
So since they went undefeated, nobody can defeat them?

What level of beings can beat the celestials from Thor 300?
ask the thread starter he made the thread.

I’m just pointing out the facts from the story you are ignoring.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:55 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How am I ignoring the story? You know these characters appeared after the story right?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 11:43 AM
quanchi112
Disney

How am I ignoring the story? You know these characters appeared after the story right?
They easily breach his armor. A green lantern did so. They can also reform and recover from any damage they incur though it won't be much if any. This is a stomp of the highest order. Spite.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Digi
iirc, in the Destroyer armor and with Uni-Mind, the Celestials basically no-sold him. I won't get into Monarch v. Odin specifically - I know the old guy has gotten a severe depowerment compared to his old days...but that's also part of the point. He was >>>> his more recent self in terms of feats and portrayals. Him getting wrecked against the 4th Host was, at the time, legitimately shocking.

So yeah, Celestials win imo.

Monarch destroyed a universe under his own power. Only time Odin ever did that was when combined with Infinity or something...

Even Celestials haven't ever busted universes on panel, to my knowledge.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It was a chain reaction that was caused after his defeat by Superboy Prime who can't do so either. Prime just bested him. Context is everything. This is about one character vs another group and who wins. Celestials can reform from the blast as well if need be. The Monitor outright survived it.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

SBP was also guardian amped, and literally punched into the fifth dimensiom and kidnapped Mxy.

Just to rip through to the fifth dimension is > any Celestial feat ever.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:35 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
SBP was also guardian amped, and literally punched into the fifth dimensiom and kidnapped Mxy.

Just to rip through to the fifth dimension is > any Celestial feat ever.
You are again ignoring the context. Have you even read these comics ? That's rhetorical I know the answer. Mxy had his will sapped and his power drained by another character called Annataz. If you ignore the context then it's obviously more impressive.

And the fifth dimension feat was during infinite crisis when reality was in flux due to Alexander Luthor. This is about these guys against each other not feats. Please try to critically think and be objective in these debates.

Celestials stomp.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 02:43 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

You tell me.

if you're asking my opinion, most certainly not. not even close tbh. you're suggesting prime be moved from trans/skyfather to....universal level? that seems crazy to me. equally crazy that monarch is viewed as universal level. /shrug

quote:
They are in same level of power, so maybe.

again i think that's crazy talk.

quote:
And OWAW Superman while sundipped wasn't insignificant against Imperiex.

it took him being empowered by-literally-the essence of the UNIVERSE (kismet) to pierce his armor. sun dipped was nowhere CLOSE to being able to take on imperiex directly. not even a question my friend.

quote:
And you're using circular logic to tell us how they are not that powerful.

c'mon abhi. you do it REGULARLY. make your case WITHOUT low balling the other side. you'll have better luck convincing people of your arguments.

quote:
Sundipped Superman overpowered Brainiac 13's Warworld empowered by Imperiex and was stated to kill Worloggog powered Vera Black in one punch. Both are legitimate universal powers.

doesn't mean he is a universal power. seriously? c'mon....

quote:
How about Odin dying against Mangog or getting oneshotted by him? Mangog can't be that powerful, right? [/B]

and....lowballing. dude, make your case FOR your guy instead of arguing AGAINST the other guy. it's very easy to argue that way but rarely works because you end up dismissing all the good showings the other guy has.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 03:30 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by cdtm
Monarch destroyed a universe under his own power. Only time Odin ever did that was when combined with Infinity or something...

He did displace a universe. I think that's pretty up there.
http://i60.tinypic.com/jhvqr5.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/dggg42.jpg

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 04:20 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Exitar was stated to be more powerful than entire fourth host and while powerful he was never shown as a legit universal power.

Uncanny Avengers says he is. But somehow your going to twist the scans shown against the fact. Am I right?
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Reason?

Just because the Celestials do not choose to tear down the universe does not mean they do not have the power to do so. In this case you have Monarch take on about 10 Celestials....each considered a universal force or higher.

Thats plain overkill.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:12 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas
if you're asking my opinion, most certainly not. not even close tbh. you're suggesting prime be moved from trans/skyfather to....universal level? that seems crazy to me. equally crazy that monarch is viewed as universal level. /shrug

So GA prime and Monarch actually destroying an entire universe doesn't makes them universal?

Could you explain why?
quote:

again i think that's crazy talk.

Why?

quote:
it took him being empowered by-literally-the essence of the UNIVERSE (kismet) to pierce his armor. sun dipped was nowhere CLOSE to being able to take on imperiex directly. not even a question my friend.

Normal Superman being powered up. Sundipped Superman overpowered Warworld which drained Imperiex's power and B13 was actually using it to counter Superman from moving the planet but was totally ineffective.

Strange way to depict sundipped Superman being insignificant to Imperiex.

quote:

c'mon abhi. you do it REGULARLY. make your case WITHOUT low balling the other side. you'll have better luck convincing people of your arguments.

I'm not lowballing anybody here. I'm just going by what's on panel. It's not my problem if you don't like that.
quote:

doesn't mean he is a universal power. seriously? c'mon....

Why not? He was twice shown that way under the same writer.

This is simply "Superman can't be that powerful because are you serious" argument I expect from someone not you.

quote:
and....lowballing. dude, make your case FOR your guy instead of arguing AGAINST the other guy. it's very easy to argue that way but rarely works because you end up dismissing all the good showings the other guy has.

What good showing did I dismissed here? Just curious.

And the sheer irony isn't lost on me either.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:16 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
He did displace a universe. I think that's pretty up there.
http://i60.tinypic.com/jhvqr5.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/dggg42.jpg

Pocket universe. Impressive but not out of norm for skyfathers.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:17 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by "Id"
Uncanny Avengers says he is. But somehow your going to twist the scans shown against the fact. Am I right?
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Let me show another quote from someone not prone to hyperbolic statements like Kang.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-u6s5TNKaV.../s1600/-015.jpg

"I'll teleport your great energies to feed a dying star".

Considering Kang got his ass handed to him by Havok and Sunfire draining power from him, I'm less likely to take kang on his gloating.

quote:
Just because the Celestials do not choose to tear down the universe does not mean they do not have the power to do so. In this case you have Monarch take on about 10 Celestials....each considered a universal force or higher.

Thats plain overkill.

By that logic, Monarch must be omniversal because why not? He doesn't only chose to destroy the omniverse, he already has that power.

Let's see celestials record en masse , shall we?

Dozens of celestials ran away from Galactus Engine.
Entire Celestial race was captured by a single cosmic cube in reality 691.
Godkiller armor literally killed billions of Celestials.
Entire Celestial race was stalemated by watcher race for thousands of years.
Ego was shown stalemating dozens of Celestials at once.
X-Terminators killed untold number of Celestials.

Gee, that's a lot of universal showings right there.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:32 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Pocket universe. Impressive but not out of norm for skyfathers.

Just curious. When was it stated to be a "pocket uni"? Mayne I missed something. Also if it is a "pocket uni", how big is it in relation to a regular one?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 05:33 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote