KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » New Antibody kills 99% of HIV

New Antibody kills 99% of HIV
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Hopefully Big Pharm does not **** this up.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 05:58 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of coarse they will. People will never see this.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:02 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Probably right. Like they care about saving lives.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:04 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So they have a new Super Drug that can save lives. When will it hit the shelves? 30 or 40 years from now after all the Legal Human testing is done?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:25 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

They will say it failed. Keep it on ice for themselves. There is no money in a cure.

The world's leading aids researchers were all on the flight shot down over Ukraine.

Coencidence?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:27 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Does it actually KILL HIV? The article says it attacks HIV. Just because you attack something dosen't mean it kills it. And Cures are not profitable.
Treatments are. That is how Politics and Business works in conjuncture with Science.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:33 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

99% also isn't 100%

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:34 PM
Flyattractor

it just made the Butt Sex that much more seemingly safer tho!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:36 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
People will never see this.

That's always the fear. But I mean, if you look at progress in medicine, the general public DOES see a lot of new technologies and cures. For example, I have a buddy whose kid is alive right now bc of a medical procedure that didn't exist 10 years ago. He's a working man like the rest of us...not exactly in the 1%, so to speak.

So I guess it's a matter of how quickly it trickles down, and what hurdles are in the way. But yeah, it does seem like a lot of this is either premature announcements (that need years more testing and vetting to be medically sound, which likely requires funding), or it's never seen or heard from again.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:47 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't consider vaccines cures. I consider a cure a cure. Like you have aids now you don't.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:51 PM
Flyattractor

Did the article mention any of the side effects of the drug?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:59 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Sable
I don't consider vaccines cures. I consider a cure a cure. Like you have aids now you don't.

Right, they're medically different things. But a vaccine can actually be better imo, because it has the potential to wipe out a disease from the populace, which has actually happened with numerous diseases that we have vaccines for.

Originally posted by Flyattractor

Says clinical trials on humans start next year. So, no. We don't have any data on it yet.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 07:53 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

They will find some way to make it a lifetime treatment

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 08:00 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Flyattractor

can't be any worse than the ones you're on already, so may as well try it out. good luck smile

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 08:19 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 08:21 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
does this mean we can have sex with monkeys again?

You stopped?

Your loss. I've been holding the line for years.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 08:51 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote