KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Monitor race v.s. the Beyonder race

The Monitor race v.s. the Beyonder race
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but the Anti-Monitor was more powerful than the original Monitor and he was nearly killed by Supergirl...

She only nearly ruptured his armor. He was a being of pure energy and his armor breach does not mean him getting nearly killed.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 04:26 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by SquallX
No! That's a lie and you know it.

Anti was never nearly killed. All that happened was his primary shell was breached by a Pre Crisis supergirl.

I can't find the scan, but you should read what AM himself said about the incident.

*edit*
Found it, look below

Originally posted by abhilegend
She only nearly ruptured his armor. He was a being of pure energy and his armor breach does not mean him getting nearly killed.

Breaching his armor may not automatically mean that, but his own words afterwards do...

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP....Es&pid=15.1

Last edited by darthgoober on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 05:08 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 05:02 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

I can't find the scan, but you should read what AM himself said about the incident.

Breaching his armor may not automatically mean that, but his own words afterwards do...

Those were mere words. His actions showed otherwise in the same series. He lived as pure energy long after his suit was destroyed.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 05:08 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Those were mere words. His actions showed otherwise in the same series. He lived as pure energy long after his suit was destroyed.

That was his assessment of the event. If you want to dismiss what he himself admits on panel then that's on you.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 05:10 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

That was his assessment of the event. If you want to dismiss what he himself admits on panel then that's on you.

I'm going on what happened when his suit was actually destroyed. If you want to ignore that, well it's you after all.

And Supergirl rupturing his suit was an anomaly. Later he literally shrugged off 50 Superheroes at once.

https://i.imgur.com/D3XXoSm.jpg

And that was after he expanded all his extra power reaching the dawn of time.

https://i.imgur.com/wsoVK3c.jpg

But I guess Supergirl>>50 of the strongest heroes in DC.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 05:36 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
SSJKryptonian

I would say that his first armor was weaker and he rebuild it to tank the onslaught from beings like Flash and Supergirl.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 07:45 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M

quote:
Wasn't one of them turned into a tree, and another blown up?

edit:
*multiple ones blown up
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...ers+032-019.jpg

--
tree:
http://tinypic.com/r/50qikl/9

Ouch. Monitors win. smile

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 08:59 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TethAdamTheRock

If Colossus is 100% in strength

Colossus
Sasquatch
Bi Beast
Wendigo
Ulik
Kalibak
Thing
Korg
Namor
Gorilla Grodd

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 09:31 PM
TethAdamTheRock is currently offline Click here to Send TethAdamTheRock a Private Message Find more posts by TethAdamTheRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

I'll return later, but for now, the Beyonders at their best, is them within the Beyond Realm, which they can attack from. In the Beyond Realm, each Beyonder is atleast bigger than the Infinite Multiverse, and by "bigger" I mean, next to one Beyonder the infinite Multiverse is an insignificant speck. Now, OUTSIDE the Beyond Realm where they have to take on vulnerable forms, one can shitstomp all EternitieS, three can stomp a non-cis LT, so one can beat LT imo. Also Im basing the Beyonders' size on Kubik/Kosmos' size when they entered the Beyond Realm, the actual mature Beyonders are logically far bigger still. This isnt a solitary incident, when one Beyonder first appeared on panel, it was only a forarm and hand but it crossed light years in size. In Hickman's run, Doom/ Owen had to "draw them out" in order for the Owen-bombs to be affective. When Hickman portrayed them from within the Beyond Realm, he had them shine in a tone of God.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:20 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

The Beyonders that the heroes face are manifestations:

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...6627-nihili.png

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 01:11 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 01:20 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

I'm going on what happened when his suit was actually destroyed. If you want to ignore that, well it's you after all.

And Supergirl rupturing his suit was an anomaly. Later he literally shrugged off 50 Superheroes at once.

That was after he absorbed all the power from the Anti-Matter Universe because the machines he was using to destroy the positive matter universes were destroyed. He was far more powerful at that point.

Last edited by darthgoober on Sep 24th, 2017 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 01:27 AM
-K-M-

Yeah. Anti-monitor corrupted her and he knew she was going to attack but allowed himself to die to power the machines that would pull Earth-One and Earth-Two into a netherverse

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 01:28 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Mr Master
I'll return later, but for now, the Beyonders at their best, is them within the Beyond Realm, which they can attack from. In the Beyond Realm, each Beyonder is atleast bigger than the Infinite Multiverse, and by "bigger" I mean, next to one Beyonder the infinite Multiverse is an insignificant speck. Now, OUTSIDE the Beyond Realm where they have to take on vulnerable forms, one can shitstomp all EternitieS, three can stomp a non-cis LT, so one can beat LT imo. Also Im basing the Beyonders' size on Kubik/Kosmos' size when they entered the Beyond Realm, the actual mature Beyonders are logically far bigger still. This isnt a solitary incident, when one Beyonder first appeared on panel, it was only a forarm and hand but it crossed light years in size. In Hickman's run, Doom/ Owen had to "draw them out" in order for the Owen-bombs to be affective. When Hickman portrayed them from within the Beyond Realm, he had them shine in a tone of God.

Where as the Primal Monitor is cast, that the DC Multiverse was just a mere gem to him.

Same thing with Mandrakk.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 01:39 AM
SquallX is online now! Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Time Master

Better yet: at the end of the story...when AM was tremendously weakened via the heroes dropping an ASININE dose of dues ex machina/plot-device on him...he still had absolutely NO issues existing as an energy being after his second shell was destroyed:
https://i.imgur.com/ZbRhxEp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/e5Xgp4z.jpg

IOW, we know for a fact that AM being reduced to his energy state doesn't have much of an effect on him...not *really*, at least. /shrug

Originally posted by -K-M-
Yeah. Anti-monitor corrupted her and he knew she was going to attack but allowed himself to die to power the machines that would pull Earth-One and Earth-Two into a netherverse
...Not to mention that Monitor was almost completely powerless at the time, as AM had destroyed most of the positive matter universes in the multiverse.

"Who cares what world we're on? Just sit back and enjoy the story..."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 24th, 2017 at 03:08 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:06 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Wicked Queen

Depends on which versions we use. The best versions, IMHO, are the pre Hickman Beyonders vs the POST Crisis Monitors (Primal Monitor, etc..). Because let's face it, the Hickman Beyonders are a joke and the pre Crisis' most powerful Monitor, the AM, doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

Look at this :
(please log in to view the image)
Even though SG was dying, she actually had him on the ropes and it only fell apart when she turned from fighting AM to scream at Dr. Light. She probably could have ended the Crisis right there if she stayed focused. Irregardless, she forced him to flee from the battle to heal up. Didn't he have a couple of universes under his belt at this time? Yikes.

Now all we need is skin.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 03:39 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Time Master

^Hickman's Beyonders were used for the OP pic. /shrug

{edit}
And why do people seem to be fixating on Anti-Monitor here..? Yes, I suppose he is 'a' Monitor, but he is still only 'one' Monitor... And he's not even the most powerful one of them. confused

"Who cares what world we're on? Just sit back and enjoy the story..."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 24th, 2017 at 04:28 AM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 04:19 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

That was after he absorbed all the power from the Anti-Matter Universe because the machines he was using to destroy the positive matter universes were destroyed. He was far more powerful at that point.

He even informed that he used all that power reaching dawn of time.

What isn't computing for you here?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 04:41 AM
celeyhyga17
Unworthy

Beyonders were really bad against the Multiversal Avengers.
Monitors were really bad against Monarch's crew.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 05:12 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

He even informed that he used all that power reaching dawn of time.

What isn't computing for you here?

He didn't say he used all that power, he said he used most of his power.

Originally posted by Galan007
^Hickman's Beyonders were used for the OP pic. /shrug

{edit}
And why do people seem to be fixating on Anti-Monitor here..? Yes, I suppose he is 'a' Monitor, but he is still only 'one' Monitor... And he's not even the most powerful one of them. confused

As far as I know, the AM is only currently being focused on because someone brought up the original Monitor as if he were a powerhouse. So I pointed out that AM was more powerful than him and he(AM) was nearly killed by Supergirl.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 12:59 PM