KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Monitor race v.s. the Beyonder race

The Monitor race v.s. the Beyonder race
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheHulkster
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud

I don't think you'd be getting this upset unless you just realized how wrong you are, lol. Again, SAME Beyonders; different artistic depiction... It's right there on panel. Really can't be more explicit.

...You should cry more, though. thumb up


(please log in to view the image)


You are the frustrated ad hominem king putting laughing emojis to cover frustration. So those are the same three Beyonders who kill LT. And that is fact?

Nope. Doesn't work like that. They are different manifestations and one cannot determine power levels. So we look at the clear three we know do fight the cosmics. You can't prove that we see either of those three anywhere else.

Post Monitor battle feats and acknowledge their low showings without crying PIS.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:42 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheHulkster
You are the frustrated ad hominem king putting laughing emojis to cover frustration. So those are the same three Beyonders who kill LT. And that is fact?

Nope. Doesn't work like that. They are different manifestations and one cannot determine power levels. So we look at the clear three we know do fight the cosmics. You can't prove that we see either of those three anywhere else.

Post Monitor battle feats and acknowledge their low showings without crying PIS.
thumb up


__________________

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up


Why do we even bother?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:47 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

thumb down


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:47 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Why do we even bother?
We strike for a better world.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:18 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
If you readily admit to being unable to prove your arguments then stop making them.

We—who've followed the event—know plenty of things about the Beyonders. Their goals, the means through which they attempted to reach said goals, their limitations and their collective deaths were all established in Time Runs Out.


Well you've not read the story, so your opinion shouldn't matter to anyone.


I admit there is no evidence to proof my claims but there is no evidence to rebuke it! I've read the comics, i know what am talking about! Maybe you should go and read them over.

First of all, the true reason for their experimentation was never give, we just know they were conducting an experiment which required the end of the Multiverse. So the end Goal was never given. And no, they are still very mysterious races. For instance, who made them? Where they before the Multiverse or after? What link is there between them and the First Firmament? So Don't come and try to teach me into a topic i am well informed.

It was never stated that all Beyonders died. We were just told that many died.

As long as you can't bring me evidence that the Ivory Kings are dead, then my point is still valid.


quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud

'Ivory Kings' is simply a blanket title that Doom and the Swans came up with for the Beyonders as a whole... It is NOT a means of power classification, lol.


And as seen in the character list from 'New Avengers' #32, Marvel simply calls them "Beyonders":
(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)


Same with the character list from 'New Avengers' #33
(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)



Additionally, 'New Avengers' #33 literally goes out of its way to show us that the Transformer-esque iterations Deodato drew ARE the full-blown/adult Beyonders:
(please log in to view the image)



...SAME Beyonders; different artistic takes. Simple. smile


Or maybe you could...you know...actually READ these issues for yourself. Again, SAME Beyonders; different artistic takes. Simple. smile


_______________________________


...Don't know why I'm even bothering here, though. This is the same 'dynamic duo' who incessantly argue/ignore on panel fact. laughing out loud


First of all no. They are not the same Beyonders.

Both are "Beyonders". But are not the exact same beings. They are the same race yes, but their attributes are different.

For instance, their level of power is significantly larger. The Ivory Kings slew all Cosmic entities like if they were nothing. The Beyonders fought by MA were much much weaker.

Even if the artistic design is different, it is clear that The Beyonders that slew the Living Tribunal were MUCH MUCH powerful than the ones MA destroyed.

Also, the Beyonders seen when Doom's bomb exploted were all similar to the ones MA fought. Not the ones LT died to.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:25 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
___________

Gender: Male
Location:

Shouldn't this guy be banned for trolling right about now?

Because this discussion is looking at the grass and saying it's pink.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:29 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:42 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster
Senior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I admit there is no evidence to proof my claims but there is no evidence to rebuke it! I've read the comics, i know what am talking about! Maybe you should go and read them over.

First of all, the true reason for their experimentation was never give, we just know they were conducting an experiment which required the end of the Multiverse. So the end Goal was never given. And no, they are still very mysterious races. For instance, who made them? Where they before the Multiverse or after? What link is there between them and the First Firmament? So Don't come and try to teach me into a topic i am well informed.

It was never stated that all Beyonders died. We were just told that many died.

As long as you can't bring me evidence that the Ivory Kings are dead, then my point is still valid.




First of all no. They are not the same Beyonders.

Both are "Beyonders". But are not the exact same beings. They are the same race yes, but their attributes are different.

For instance, their level of power is significantly larger. The Ivory Kings slew all Cosmic entities like if they were nothing. The Beyonders fought by MA were much much weaker.

Even if the artistic design is different, it is clear that The Beyonders that slew the Living Tribunal were MUCH MUCH powerful than the ones MA destroyed.

Also, the Beyonders seen when Doom's bomb exploted were all similar to the ones MA fought. Not the ones LT died to.


thumb up

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:43 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Gender: Male
Location: United States, New Jersey

I don't mean to add or make things worse, but I got the distinct impression that the Beyonders came in different power levels, not that they were from a different race. Same race, different power levels? Possible?


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:15 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't mean to add or make things worse, but I got the distinct impression that the Beyonders came in different power levels, not that they were from a different race. Same race, different power levels? Possible?


You are right.

That is the same thing i am pointing out.

The Beyonders (Ivory Kings) seen in Time Runs Out are completely more powerful than those seen in Secret Wars.

The Beyonders is the race, doesn't mean they are all at the same power level.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:28 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Shouldn't this guy be banned for trolling right about now?

Because this discussion is looking at the grass and saying it's pink.


Who should be banned?

Who is trolling, cause i don't see anyone trolling.

Grass can be pink, if you paint it wink


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:29 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheHulkster
You are the frustrated ad hominem king putting laughing emojis to cover frustration. So those are the same three Beyonders who kill LT. And that is fact?

Nope. Doesn't work like that. They are different manifestations and one cannot determine power levels. So we look at the clear three we know do fight the cosmics. You can't prove that we see either of those three anywhere else.

Post Monitor battle feats and acknowledge their low showings without crying PIS.


Completely right.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:32 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't mean to add or make things worse, but I got the distinct impression that the Beyonders came in different power levels, not that they were from a different race. Same race, different power levels? Possible?
Hickman gave the Beyonders TWO basic levels: the weaker 'child units', and the more powerful/evolved 'adult units'.

ALL of the Beyonders depicted in "New Avengers" were ADULT units -- the scan I posted earlier was pretty explicit:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)


__________________


Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 04:18 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:11 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Reborn

Gender: Male
Location: Fortress of Solitude

This thread is just embarrassing.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:16 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Junior Member

Gender:
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Shouldn't this guy be banned for trolling right about now?

Because this discussion is looking at the grass and saying it's pink.
I can't even believe their trolling is allowed here by the mods. Aside from the fact that it's annoying, it also makes them look really really stupid. erm

'specially since it's pretty damn clear that Josh and Hulkster are the same guy. no expression

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:26 AM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
SSJKryptonian

Gender: Male
Location: House of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
:



Additionally, 'New Avengers' #33 literally goes out of its way to show us that the Transformer-esque iterations Deodato drew ARE the full-blown/adult Beyonders:
(please log in to view the image)



...SAME Beyonders; different artistic takes. Simple. smile


Or maybe you could...you know...actually READ these issues for yourself. Again, SAME Beyonders; different artistic takes. Simple. smile


_______________________________


...Don't know why I'm even bothering here, though. This is the same 'dynamic duo' who incessantly argue/ignore on panel fact. laughing out loud


(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 05:42 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Gender: Male
Location: United States, New Jersey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Hickman gave the Beyonders TWO basic levels: the weaker 'child units', and the more powerful/evolved 'adult units'.

ALL of the Beyonders depicted in "New Avengers" were ADULT units -- the scan I posted earlier was pretty explicit:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)


But the guys that the Ivory Kings slew were so far above Thor, and Hyperion that it seems to indicate that there had to be less powerful Beyonders. The Beyonders that Thor, and Hyperion fought shouldn't have been able to challenge and defeat the LT. I can understand the Star Brand giving them a bit of hell, because the Star Brand has recently been grouped up with the Phoenix, Odin, Agamoto, and a few others of that stature. Thor and Hyperion???

Maybe the writer lost perspective, because something seems off. No?


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 06:22 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
But the guys that the Ivory Kings slew were so far above Thor, and Hyperion that it seems to indicate that there had to be less powerful Beyonders. The Beyonders that Thor, and Hyperion fought shouldn't have been able to challenge and defeat the LT. I can understand the Star Brand giving them a bit of hell, because the Star Brand has recently been grouped up with the Phoenix, Odin, Agamoto, and a few others of that stature. Thor and Hyperion???

Maybe the writer lost perspective, because something seems off. No?


IIRC, Hickman or whoever the writer was said something like sometimes a Beyonder (or any character for that matter) can beat someone outside of his weight class and sometimes he'll lose. Like you said, think the writer lost perspective.


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 06:28 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Completely right.
Nice unnecessary triple post. Monitors win thumb up


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:39 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 05:52 AM.
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Monitor race v.s. the Beyonder race

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.