KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Orville

The Orville
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

haha

That's not a bat. This...is a bat.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 10:55 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Really hope we get an awesome finale after this show has taken everyone by surprise, I'd even enjoy a cliffhanger.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 01:00 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

Yeah, I hope they have an epic finale. I don't know if you saw the link, but apparently they cut this season one episode short. They're saving it for next season.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 06:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^Interesting. Could suggest a cliffhanger ending, like they planned to end with a 2-parter and wait and see if the show got renewed, but now that they already know they'll be back next year they've decided to carry it on into the next season instead.

Will the next season have 14 episodes then? Doubt it.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 06:54 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

Here's the link again...

quote:
The reason the episode has been cut is likely due to schedule. Fox was never going to extend the show’s first season to a full 22 episode run. It was never envisioned that way. With that in mind, the network likely wanted to make sure the first season was finished before shows went on break for the holidays, rather than having to hold just a few episodes over for the new year.

http://comicbook.com/startrek/2017/...son-1-episodes/

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:42 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

Makes sense.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 11:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

How was the finale? Anybody watch it yet?

I was busy watching the football game, so I'll have to watch it in the coming days.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 02:47 PM
cdtm
@#$%

Wasn't bad. Not their best, imo, but was a solid finale.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 03:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Enjoyed the final and the season overall. McFarlane has a winner on his hands if he can maintain the quality into future seasons and/or hopefully improve.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

Man what a great finale, cant say enough good things about it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 03:00 AM
Patient_Leech

I watched the final episode. I like the episode (especially for the harsh commentary on religion), but the episode itself was somewhat anti-climactic for a season finale. Definitely not what one expects from a season ender. But I guess that's okay. I realize they were sort of bookending the season by wrapping up their relationship quarrels.

Personally I would have liked something exciting with the Krill. But that's okay, there's probably more of that to come. I'm really curious what episode they saved for next season, though. Does anyone know which episode it is and perhaps even what it's about?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 02:19 PM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The commentary on religion wasnt harsh, it was just commentary.
There was no wild ending, but yeah, things are settled, for now, between our main couple. The Krill i think, will feature more heavily next season.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 05:43 PM