KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Rank these movie beings by intelligence

Rank these movie beings by intelligence
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Yeah the OP does not make it clear if we are using the Nolan version or DCEU version.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:29 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Both

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 07:03 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman didn't even make my list. He had other people invent all his tech, mainly Fox, in which it was already made. He painted them black. His company was bankrupted his own house burned down by being outsmarted by others. He inherits his money from his father. He can't even fight well. He basically sucks.

Last edited by Sable on Sep 24th, 2017 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 07:29 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
That was true for the Nolan version. Jury still out on Batfleck.

Until the jury is back, Batman belongs at the bottom of the list.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 07:43 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Yes definitely for now.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 07:57 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

DCEU Batman however is smart enough to figure out the identities of the entire Justice League on a whim basically.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:05 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Given his level of resources, How much intelligence did that actually take?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:14 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supermans space dad is probably pretty smart.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Silent Master
What did Batman do to rank that highly?

created his own gear which includes a plane, all purpose tank, the flying fox, the mech suit any and all other weapons/gear in the batcave.

Its expressly shown in the film that Bruce and Alfred are making their own tech at the beginning of BvS when we meet Alfred hs modifying the cowl armour so maybe you should watch that film silent cuz you clearly haven't seen it.

On top of that Snyder and his wife have made many comments regarding Bruce building and modifying his gear on his own.

Quotes from Snyder himself:

"Batman will have more than one Batsuit that he’s continually modifying for the adventures that are gonna be had in this film"

Deborah Snyder responds, “It’s safe to say that I think Alfred and Bruce are building a lot of tech that helps them all. And I think you’ll see a lot more of that.”

"Alfred and Bruce develop an advanced suit in the “final chapter” of this story to fit the needs of the mission."

Last edited by relentless1 on Sep 24th, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 11:19 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by relentless1
created his own gear which includes a plane, all purpose tank, the flying fox, the mech suit any and all other weapons/gear in the batcave

Where is it stated that he invented them?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 11:21 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Nothing is saying he didn't either.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:21 PM
Silent Master

Nothing is saying he didn't either.

Nothing was said that Batman doesn't have telepathy and the ability to clone himself ala Multiple man.

Are you claiming that he has those powers?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 09:08 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

No, just saying we don't know if he did or did not invent his technology/weapons.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 09:10 PM
Silent Master

No, just saying we don't know if he did or did not invent his technology/weapons.

We also don't know that he does or doesn't have telepathy or the ability to make duplicates of himself.

So why aren't you arguing that he might have those powers?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 09:15 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

No I wasn't.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 09:21 PM
Silent Master

No I wasn't.

That's the point of my question. why aren't you arguing that Batman might have those powers?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 09:32 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by relentless1
Dr Manhattan
Tony Stark
Ozymandias
Cisco (Flash CW)
Batman
Bruce Banner
Lex Luthor
Spiderman (smartest version)
Dr. Strange
Jor El
Green Goblin
I think I'd agree mostly with this though Jor El should be higher. He was a lead scientist on a planet far more advanced than ours. That implies he'd be pretty up there. I'd also put Banner and Lex above Batman. Which version of Batman is this btw? He didn't make his own tech in TDK and I think he had people make his tech in the BvS (people were fixing up the Batmobile if I remember correctly, though this may be wrong).

Dr Manhattan
Cisco (Flash CW)
Tony Stark
Ozymandias
Jor El
Bruce Banner
Lex Luthor
Spiderman (smartest version)
Batman
Dr. Strange
Green Goblin

Also, I rank Cisco high because he pulls fake science BS out of his ass constantly. Not only is he an engineering genius who can make an anti-machine for just about every super power, he understands the inner workings of interdimensional and time travel well enough to make tech to make that kind of stuff capable.

I'm also struggling with whether or not Dr. Manhattan should be up there. He himself isn't inherently smart. He was outsmarted by Ozy, and all of his feats boil down to matter manipulation he can manage just because of his powers. He was also philosophically outdone by Silk Spectre. He can see a lot thanks to his powers, but I don't think he himself is that smart.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Given his level of resources, How much intelligence did that actually take?
Not much since some of them were taken by satellite and the others were videos and pictures taken by other he secured if I remember correctly.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 25th, 2017 at 09:48 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 09:44 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was outsmarted by Ozy only because he was able to block his foresight. His powers give him some of his smarts, he was putting together machines that recreated his godly power without any training or knowledge whatsoever. He is easily the smartest. On earth he was a lead scientist, which was amplified greatly. He would not have known how to build those machines as a human.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 09:52 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Sable
He was outsmarted by Ozy only because he was able to block his foresight. His powers give him some of his smarts, he was putting together machines that recreated his godly power without any training or knowledge whatsoever. He is easily the smartest. On earth he was a lead scientist, which was amplified greatly. He would not have known how to build those machines as a human.
Yeah but him getting his powers was a complete accident. He was a nuclear physicist who was tampering with "intrinsic fields" (made up). He and his coworkers were trying to figure out how this made up concept works. Every test failed and resulted in the disintegration of the object being tested in their chamber. He wasn't sure how it actually worked, but was learning before the accident that disintegrated him and gave him his powers.

He made a machine messing with something he didn't yet understand and that backfired. I'd put Cisco above that.

The fact that he needs to be able to see the future to not be outsmarted by Ozy also says tons. It's not like Ozy himself can see the future. He just outplayed him.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 10:04 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Lois Lane Wonder Woman were shown to be superior detectives in BvS than Batman

Last edited by Inhuman on Sep 25th, 2017 at 10:16 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 10:10 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote