KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Exar Kun (Azronger) vs Galen Marek and the Starkiller Clone (UCanShootMyNova)

Exar Kun (Azronger) vs Galen Marek and the Starkiller Clone (UCanShootMyNova)
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ziggtard
Syn, if you don't even put up a half assed response by friday, I'm taking the argument.

You have a 24 hours

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:55 PM
Click here to Send ziggtard a Private Message Find more posts by ziggtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Take it.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:13 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Usurp his thread, Ziggy!

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 10:44 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

It's been over 24 hours. I hereby declare Syn a pussy, and demote him to the role of a spectator. Ziggy shall now take his place as champion of the Starkillers, but someone must fill his previous role as judge. Anyone up to the task?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 08:10 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

I'll jump in.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 09:01 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Greysentinel365
I'll jump in.

You're hired

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 09:58 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 10:09 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Keeping the opener well well short.

Given that there's no common reference point (scaling) between these characters - Kun's showings against Luke Skywalker in Jedi Academy being at their very best, nebulous, this is looking more like a battle that should be decided by feats. In this case, Strakiller seems to be able to throw out more power than Kun at any given time. Even when his powers are divided between defence and offence.

quote:
With his mind and all the power of the Force, Starkiller embraced what remained of the frigate beneath him-and blew it into a billion pieces.

- The Force Unleashed II

The energy blasts, Force pushes and sorcerous spells all seem to pale in comparison to this single feat. What's more, Starkiller was protecting himself from intense heat (above 1000c) while atomising this very large chunk of frigate. It's not clear that Kun can defend against this level of output focussed in a single attack against his body, much less match it in a struggle of Force abilties. If he could, then perhaps Ood Bnar wouldn't have been such an impassible object to him. To reiterate, there isn't much evidence from Kun to suggest he can simply shrug-off the level of power coming form one starkiller. Yet we have poor Exar pitted against two of them. A dreary scenario indeed.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:30 PM
Click here to Send ziggtard a Private Message Find more posts by ziggtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Alright, I'll try not to rush this, but neither do I desire to delay it too much. I'll want to read through TotJ, JA, and the TFU duology as prep and to refresh my memory. Give me two weeks - that sounds reasonable, no?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:57 PM
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reasonable.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:36 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

thumb up

And Kun gets his amulet gauntlets, right? They're part of his standard repertoire.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 06:17 AM
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kun get's his amulets here.

As well lube for his rectum after the raping.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 10:32 AM
Haschwalth

Kun get's his amulets here.

As well lube for Galens rectum after the raping.

Fixed.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 12:07 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do people always need to specify whether Kun has his amulets or not? It's in his standard equipment.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 12:38 PM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

So, it seems I overestimated my available free time and my mental endurance to keep on tirelessly reading insipid text. It's apparent to me I won't get my reading list cleared by Saturday, so I have decided to drop a brief response to avoid missing the deadline. Thus, I present thee, seņores, with my modest defense of Exar Kun...

Keeping the opener well well short.

Given that there's no common reference point (scaling) between these characters - Kun's showings against Luke Skywalker in Jedi Academy being at their very best, nebulous, this is looking more like a battle that should be decided by feats. In this case, Strakiller seems to be able to throw out more power than Kun at any given time. Even when his powers are divided between defence and offence.

The energy blasts, Force pushes and sorcerous spells all seem to pale in comparison to this single feat. What's more, Starkiller was protecting himself from intense heat (above 1000c) while atomising this very large chunk of frigate. It's not clear that Kun can defend against this level of output focussed in a single attack against his body, much less match it in a struggle of Force abilties. If he could, then perhaps Ood Bnar wouldn't have been such an impassible object to him. To reiterate, there isn't much evidence from Kun to suggest he can simply shrug-off the level of power coming form one starkiller. Yet we have poor Exar pitted against two of them. A dreary scenario indeed.

The reason Ood Bnar was an unpassable obstacle for Kun was because he was, contrary to you implication, a far more powerful Force user than Starkiller was. At least when drawing on Ossus' Force nexus at the planet's core with his roots, amplifying his naturally meager power level to unprecedented (literally) heights, after which blasting Kun back with his auxiliary might:

(please log in to view the image)

The same power can also be translated into defence, as Ood rather nicely demonstrated when he created and impenetrable barrier capable of deflecting lightsaber strikes as well as dark side tendrils similar to the ones that proved the undoing of the legendary Darth Bane. More impressive and relevant, though, would be the Neti Jedi Master's famous tanking of ten supernovas to the face, which left him charred but still very much alive:

The multisolar firestorm would logically pack a bit more of a punch than the obliteration of less than half of a frigate, on top of which it being described as "more devastating than anything the galaxy has ever seen" - which would include such events as Vitiate's little stunt on Nathema that killed every living being on the planet - and in a nice comparison to Starkiller's vaunted feat, annihilated the Jedi fleet and disintegrated Naga Sadow's flagship:

After all that, I would not think of it as a negative for Exar Kun to have met his match in Ood Bnar. After all, the ancient master survived a far more potent force than anything you've presented available to Starkiller in his arsenal so far. Now, the crux of my argument is that when power that was used to tank ten supernovas is released outward from the body in an offensive blast, the result would presumably be an attack more powerful than what either Galen or his clone have going for them - which is exactly what Bnar did to Kun; the power he used to blast the Dark Lord was the same he used to survive the supernovas: drawn from Ossus' core. Yet Kun himself didn't seem to mind all that much in the end, remaining shaken but ultimately unscathed, walking away to do his own business a few moments later:

So with that out of the way, I wouldn't say it is out of the question to suggest Exar Kun can endure any telekinetic blast or surge of Force lightning Vader's apprentices throw at him. What does remain under scrutiny, however, is the duo's ability to defend against Exar's more unorthodox forms of assault, namely the sorcerous spells you so audaciously dismissed in your opener. I haven't seen anything from either of that'd suggest their knowledge of the Force is developed past rudimentary disciplines like telekinesis or Force lightning. They are, until proven otherwise, defenseless against having their soul ripped out of their body, cryokinetic attacks that can disable their lightsaber, and advanced forms of telepathy, considering that such attacks require special techniques to guard against and have historically deadly to unprepared opponents. And in this battle scenario, they are delivered from a comparably - and I have argued more - powerful Force adept. A dreary scenario indeed.

Ball's in your court.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 07:06 PM
TheMuser

Spicy.......

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:04 PM
Click here to Send TheMuser a Private Message Find more posts by TheMuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some of your images aren't working.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:32 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

For me they all work just fine.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:35 PM
TheMuser

Ziggy, lets cut the crap, I know you have a dozen counters for Az's post. you know ToTJ better then anyone I know, end this swiftly.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:39 PM
Click here to Send TheMuser a Private Message Find more posts by TheMuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ziggtard
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will respond Muser,

These are the images that are missing AZ.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:47 PM