KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Life Long Steelers Fans Burn All Their Gear

Life Long Steelers Fans Burn All Their Gear
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Good for him.

No rationalizations, just a blunt declaration that if he's protesting in front of the flag, he's PROTESTING THE FLAG. Which is absolutely a respectable position to take, just admit what you're doing..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Good for him.

No rationalizations, just a blunt declaration that if he's protesting in front of the flag, he's PROTESTING THE FLAG. Which is absolutely a respectable position to take, just admit what you're doing..

Yeah, but it destroys the narrative that this had nothing to do with the flag.

Anyways, this entire debacle is truly bringing out the lunacy in the media. First we have "you're a white supremacist if you don't kneel" from one place, then Vox gives us this hilarity:

The NFL has officially whitewashed Colin Kaepernick’s protest

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Who's saying it has nothing to do with the flag, though? Any of the players?

That excuse is usually said by people who weren't there, as far as I've seen. Pundits, journalists, passive-aggressive posters on internet message boards..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who's saying it has nothing to do with the flag, though? Any of the players?

That excuse is usually said by people who weren't there, as far as I've seen. Pundits, journalists, passive-aggressive posters on internet message boards..

All the various people defending it are saying that.

Also now the NBA commissioner has said players have to stand. It will be interesting to see what happens, I think the regular season begins in late October.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Surtur
All the various people defending it are saying that.

Also now the NBA commissioner has said players have to stand. It will be interesting to see what happens, I think the regular season begins in late October.

Right, the people defending it.

NOT the players. Just the people who aren't arguing in good faith.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Right, the people defending it.

NOT the players. Just the people who aren't arguing in good faith.

My favorite is Ray Lewis saying he was just praying.

Though remember I think the cowboys did not kneel during the anthem, but before it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:24 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who would have thought

Liberals: Kneeling is showing unity
Common Sense: United We Stand
Liberals: Kneeling is respectfullaughing out loud

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:27 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sable
Who would have thought

Liberals: Kneeling is showing unity
Common Sense: United We Stand
Liberals: Kneeling is respectfullaughing out loud

I'm interested in what the ratings will be for this weekend. They had an increase due to the controversy, I wonder what will happen now?

But it's just funny because it has been shown this is about the flag lol, it was for Colin K anyways. The same person they whine wasn't included on the Sports Illustrated cover of protesters.

But what I look forward to is seeing the media still try to push this as not being about the flag. They will look stupid, comments from when this originally began prove that.

Which, I don't even know why we needed a quote from Colin though. They *specifically* choose to kneel during the anthem.

Wasn't there also something in the UK where athletes didn't stand for our anthem, but did for "God Save the Queen" ?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:16 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Meh....while I think the protest is kind of dumb (by which I don't think African Americans are targeted substantially more than any other ethnic group), I still love Football so I'll continue to watch the games.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:43 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

NFL 85-90% African American Millionaires.

Players: "We are oppressed"

Media: "if you stand you are a white supremacists!"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:44 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I welcome what they say as long as they are willing to delve into the "why" of it. Why do blacks die more at the hands of cops? Is it just racism? Or does perhaps the fact they commit murder more than any other group in this country(despite being only 13% of the population) perhaps factor into it?

Cuz for me that is like being shocked people who smoke 3 packs a die are more likely to die of cancer than those who do not.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:44 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

The why is unimportant to these protesters, it's the fact that African Americans are targeted something like 1% more than the next most targeted groups by Law Enforcement. Lol

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:51 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by socool8520
The why is unimportant to these protesters, it's the fact that African Americans are targeted something like 1% more than the next most targeted groups by Law Enforcement. Lol

This to me is as silly as the narrative of "more blacks are arrested for weed crimes". Indeed, both whites and blacks do use drugs like weed at comparable rates. So why are more blacks in prison over it? Is it racism? Or...do high crime neighborhoods get more attention from the cops than other areas, and thus...it is going to result in more arrests?

Shh, don't think about it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:54 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Surtur
I welcome what they say as long as they are willing to delve into the "why" of it. Why do blacks die more at the hands of cops? Is it just racism? Or does perhaps the fact they commit murder more than any other group in this country(despite being only 13% of the population) perhaps factor into it?

Cuz for me that is like being shocked people who smoke 3 packs a die are more likely to die of cancer than those who do not.

Is that enough justification to excuse the killing unarmed or fleeing suspects by police? Or the repeated electrocution and/or beatings of suspects who are already in custody? Or instances of harsher sentencing of ethnic minorities by the court system?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:22 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Is that enough justification to excuse the killing unarmed or fleeing suspects by police? Or the repeated electrocution and/or beatings of suspects who are already in custody? Or instances of harsher sentencing of ethnic minorities by the court system?

Nah, it doesn't justify it. It does justify a discussion about the rampant violence though in the community and why cops react the way they do.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:23 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Eternal Idol

Who's excusing it? My stance has been that while it is an issue, it isn't even close to the biggest issues facing the African American community.

Well, when high crime neighborhoods happen to be in minority neighborhoods, the chances of getting arrested, and the re-arrested, are pretty high. Repeat offences lead to longer sentences. That tells me you should probably clean up your neighborhoods if you don't want to get arrested. lol

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who's excusing it? My stance has been that while it is an issue, it isn't even close to the biggest issues facing the African American community.

Well, when high crime neighborhoods happen to be in minority neighborhoods, the chances of getting arrested, and the re-arrested, are pretty high. Repeat offences lead to longer sentences. That tells me you should probably clean up your neighborhoods if you don't want to get arrested. lol

Indeed, they want to ignore the biggest problems in the community. It'd be hilarious if there wasn't so much murder.

But hey, cops and shit. Those bad cops. *70% of Chicago murders unsolved*

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:32 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Would you want to arrest those guys? Statistics say that 90 percent of those murders were committed by fellow African Americans. You do not want to look racist by investigating/arresting them. lol That's how stupid this has gotten.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would you want to arrest those guys? Statistics say that 90 percent of those murders were committed by fellow African Americans. You do not want to look racist by investigating/arresting them. lol That's how stupid this has gotten.

They shot each other over dice games held outside funerals being held for people who died via gun violence. This has happened in Chicago multiple times too. That is hilariously disturbing.

I'm not kidding, over a dice game. I can relate, I just flat out beat someone to death with a tire iron during a D&D session. I blamed poverty and got off scott free.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:38 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

The court systems, and by extension law-enforcement agencies, excuse it when police officers are not held legally accountable in cases where brutality and wrongful deaths is apparent. Many are placed on suspension with pay and go on to continue their careers in law enforcement, a few get fired only to get a job with another law-enforcement agency. It is not often that one will be sentenced to prison, however.
Example: Daniel Palateo was not indicted after choking Eric Garner to death.

Also, in regards to harsher sentencing, I am referring to those minority suspects with identical criminal histories as their white counterparts... not repeat offender against first-time offender. It is real, just like the reality of men being served harsher sentences than women for the same crimes.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:58 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote