KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling

Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Here in CT, plenty of ways to get fat, too.

Hidden Kitchen has a deep fried egg sandwhich. That's a poached egg, dunked in a frier. Had it, popped out half a dozen zits and instant heartburn.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you one of those god forsaken rednecks(without internet) on Twitter believing in fake news?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:09 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

They are allowed to eat eggs in Connecticut?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:01 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
(please log in to view the image)

Should we report Bashy for using a Gif with a Racist Comment in it?

Oh wait I forgot...NEVERMIND!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:03 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

^^drugs

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:03 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Should we report Bashy for using a Gif with a Racist Comment in it?

Oh wait I forgot...NEVERMIND!

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:06 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I would explain the "RACIST" part of the Gif to you but well.
Lets just say "HOBBY LOBBY CHRISTMAS DECORATION LEVEL OF RACISM!!!"

Its bad people, It is BAD!

But hey. KMC Double Standards ya'all!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:10 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

no need to explain. everyone here knows you're an incoherant substance abuser.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:15 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So what "Substance" do you openly support the use of Bashy?
I mean you are a Hard Core Alt Lefty aint you?

You all about Legalization on all things right?

What Your Substance Bro?!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:18 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I would explain the "RACIST" part of the Gif to you but well.
Lets just say "HOBBY LOBBY CHRISTMAS DECORATION LEVEL OF RACISM!!!"

Its bad people, It is BAD!

But hey. KMC Double Standards ya'all!!!!!!!

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:21 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:23 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Sable
Are you one of those god forsaken rednecks(without internet) on Twitter believing in fake news?

CT is known as redneck country?

...I suppose it IS the home of Vince McMahon's carny empire and a pretty awesome race track, but still.

But no, Hidden Kitchen is a once a week thing I do with my father, like a little tradition. They have all sorts of weird in concept, great in practice stuff. Like this one bbq pulled pork beni, or another beni with fresh fish and greens..

So yeah, a mix of "redneck" and "shoreline snob" selections, just like the population here.

Normally rest of week I have cereal/black coffee.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

They are allowed to eat eggs in Connecticut?

I can't help where I was born. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:33 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by cdtm
I can't help where I was born. stick out tongue

Sure you can. Just go to a Left Wing College (which is all of them) and accept AntiFa into your Life and You will be REBORN a LEFTY!!!!!!!!

eek!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:37 PM
cdtm

Sure you can. Just go to a Left Wing College (which is all of them) and accept AntiFa into your Life and You will be REBORN a LEFTY!!!!!!!!

eek!

I did work at Yale for a bit, contract work.

They probably hated having common working stiffs working for a living anywhere near their liberal utopia.

Also, they are VERY racist against Italian Americans, judging by how everyone treated this one Italian intern..

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:31 PM
cdtm

Sports fan on another board summed up the kneeling thing:

quote:
Here's the thing. This all started with Colin Kaepernick of the 49ers last year. He was doing it as a protest against a country that still hasn't done enough for minorities, mostly in regards to the amount of police shootings. Now at the time he had already lost his starting quarterback position prior to this due to terrible play and was not likely to be kept after the season was up. Despite this he continued to do this every game and speak on it in interviews and now come this season he is jobless because A) His skill just wasn't there and B) Media circus. Now while doing this he was still EXTREMELY active in the communities helping with charity and donating a ton of his earnings to different organizations. Something most news organizations never really talked about.

Since he started doing this though more and more people have started joining in on it and the original intent seems to have been lost. At no point was it ever about disrespecting the flag but that's what the narrative in the span of a year somehow got twisted and turned into. Then Trump made his idiotic tweets over the previous weekend and we are where we are now.

Colin Kaepernick actively helping communities is nice to hear about. Wish someone would actually report on him, who started this thing.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:26 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

lol!

Missed you, dude.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 01:22 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I don't like the kneeling, and I wouldn't do it. But as the saying goes, I may not agree with what you say (or do), but I defend your right to say it.

What worries me is this, and why ultimately political protest, IMO, should stay within political arenas ...

We appear to be a country coming apart at the seams. People will dig through the internet til they find sites that agree with them, then dig their heels in further. As Charlie Sykes put it, we are hunkering down in our ideological silos, no longer even wanting to understand the other guy or wanting them to understand us.

Sports, as an example, use to be a safe space, an activity we could all enjoy together, putting aside our differences and focusing on this common pleasure. Same with other forms of entertainment, eg, movies. But if we keep injecting divisive politics into these areas, the safe zones dissolve, our common bonds are diminished, and the fracturing accelerates.

Maybe I'm being a bit Chicken Little here, but if this trend continues (it seems to have gotten worse with each recent presidential election, and we still have 80+ years to go), I don't see how this country will survive to the end of the century.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:17 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Mindship
I don't like the kneeling, and I wouldn't do it. But as the saying goes, I may not agree with what you say (or do), but I defend your right to say it.

What worries me is this, and why ultimately political protest, IMO, should stay within political arenas ...

We appear to be a country coming apart at the seams. People will dig through the internet til they find sites that agree with them, then dig their heels in further. As Charlie Sykes put it, we are hunkering down in our ideological silos, no longer even wanting to understand the other guy or wanting them to understand us.

Sports, as an example, use to be a safe space, an activity we could all enjoy together, putting aside our differences and focusing on this common pleasure. Same with other forms of entertainment, eg, movies. But if we keep injecting divisive politics into these areas, the safe zones dissolve, our common bonds are diminished, and the fracturing accelerates.

Maybe I'm being a bit Chicken Little here, but if this trend continues (it seems to have gotten worse with each recent presidential election, and we still have 80+ years to go), I don't see how this country will survive to the end of the century.

Um, no. If you do not bring the message to the people who need to hear it, then the only people that are going to listen to it, are the people who already agree with you.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:00 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I don't need the agenda of self-righteous ideologues shoved down my throat in every aspect of American life thank you very much.

And it's a terrible idea to try and gain support for your cause with a form of protest the majority of American's find disrespectful to the nation. Protesting the anthem is bad optics, so regardless of what you want to argue about if it's justifiable, it's not strategically smart.

Anyone actually interested in the democrats succeeding next election (I certainly hope they get Trump out of the white house in 2020) should be troubled by the fact that people are feeling alienated by millionaire celebrities turning every awards ceremony into a platform to politically pontificate about the EEEEEVIIIIILS of Trump and the right while they jerk each other off, or rich athletes tying their political cause to something perceived as anti-American sentiment, or Jimmy Kimmel using a tragedy or his son's medical condition to impugn bad intent to everyone who disagrees with him politically.

Instead of digging their heels in the sand and remaining utterly convinced that it's the attitude of the American people that's the problem, maybe Democrats should consider that they managed to lose Congress, and managed to lose to Donald Trump, and maybe just maybe self-reflect on how they managed to lose to a buffoon like Trump and consider that regardless of whether or not they are the better party or have the better candidate, they seriously need to do a better job of appealing to the American people. Doubling down on the strategy they had during the 2016 presidential election (of constant character attacks, cries of bigotry, impugning disgusting motive to those who disagree politically, complete hysteria surrounding Trump, etc.) is a terrible idea.

And I have no love for the Republican party or Donald Trump and am not doing this to argue in their defense or favor, but ignoring your party's own failure to defeat Donald Trump and ignoring the loss of Congress to the Republicans by claiming Republicans are worse is not going to change this failure. And even if you are convinced the democrats are the better party, that's no excuse to dismiss the notion that the Democrats and the left-wing media need to seriously reevaluate how they appeal to the American people if they actually want to be successful with their political agenda.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Oct 5th, 2017 at 05:20 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:06 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote