KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling

Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
The right to protest doesn't mean you cannot morally disagree with people who are peacefully protesting, it just means that you have to uphold the stance that they should have the legal right to peacefully protest.

And there is a difference in reaction. Nobody thinks the non-peaceful and peaceful protests are the same thing. When polled prior to the Trump NFL shit most Americans both agreed that the kneeling during the anthem was disrespectful, but also that the players should have the right to do so, and I don't see anything reprehensible about this position.

With violent rioting and shit from BLM and Antifa, people completely disagree with it on a moral and legal level and want a police crackdown on this shit.

Most people who morally disagree with the peaceful protesting do believe that these people should have the right to do so even if they disagree, and anyone who actually thinks the government should crack down on peaceful protesting is holding an unconstitutional immoral and unethical view that I don't support, and I don't think anyone who disagrees with this kneeling would support either.

Indeed, there is a difference between saying you can't do something and that you shouldn't. There is this narrative that people put forth where it seems that no matter what black people do or what form they protest in people have a people with it. As if the only choices are burn down the city or protest in a manner that disrespects a lot of people.

The initial attention just the original kneeling got could have been built off of with other events off the field. But this was never about actually changing things, it was just about attention. Colin just ended up getting attention he ended up not liking. This is why he came out and said he wouldn't protest anymore for whoever he played for in the 2017 season lol. People play up the guys charity work, but he also donated $25k to a group dedicated to helping Assata Shakur. She was convicted of murdering a state trooper. She eventually escaped and is now in Cuba.

He likes Fidel Castro too, what a hero and champion of the oppressed.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Robtard
Tebow was fired now? Thought he left the NFL because of lukewarm performance and he wanted to give Baseball a shot.

yeah but that doesnt matter

fee-fees>facts

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:49 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Didn't the media mock him too?

Yes, big time. Even Huff Post called it out..which is the only liberal media I will read anymore, they call things like they are.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/0...cal_a_23225920/

Last edited by Sable on Oct 5th, 2017 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:49 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sable
Yes, big time. Even Huff Post called it out..which is the only liberal media I will read anymore, they call things like they are.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/0...cal_a_23225920/

This is also hilarious for two reasons. One, the hypocrisy. Two, the fact it flat out *shows* you do not need to take a knee during the national anthem to garner attention.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Interesting, do we have actual examples instead of claims? I honestly don't recall, but I also didn't follow that story closely cos it was just someone kneeling.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The interesting thing is people are STILL mocking him over it lol.

Tim Tebow stunts backfire as minor-league team mocks his faith, apologizes

That happened in June.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:04 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Not sure if The Charleston RiverDogs baseball team are "the media"...

"During the first game, the RiverDogs most notably played off Tebow’s Christian faith, playing the “Hallelujah Chorus” during his at-bats. The RiverDogs’ mascot wore eye black that featured the Bible verse John 3:16, just as the former Heisman-winning quarterback did when he played for the Florida Gators. The mascot was also caught Tebowing — taking a knee to pray just as Tebow did in his NCAA and NFL playing days. Other gestures included pictures of Columbia players on the scoreboard during starting lineups that read, “Not Tim Tebow."

That the only thing your google search found?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

The interesting thing is people are STILL mocking him over it lol.

Tim Tebow stunts backfire as minor-league team mocks his faith, apologizes

That happened in June.

If he was black, no one would say anything. White people apparently don't have the same rights anymore.

The media def has poisoned the well and is trying to stir up anti-white hatred.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:07 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That the only thing your google search found?

Nope, it's just the most recent thing so it's what the first few results are, but here you go:

Flashback: When Tebow Knelt

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:16 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the comments, I fcking love this guy.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:19 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the comments, I fcking love this guy.

Just wow. This is how true athletes behave thumb up

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:24 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im surprised they have not called him sexist for shushing her and disrespecting a women.

"Women come before the flag!"

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:25 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im surprised they have not called him sexist for shushing her and disrespecting a women.

"Women come before the flag!"

Well if telling a woman who is not the same race as you to stop nodding their head is racist and sexist...then telling a woman who is not the same race as you to stop talking would be racist and sexist.

Jeez Usain, when did you stop beating your wife?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:31 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
It means I think that it's a very impractical way for them to actually get support for their message, ergo it doesn't make logical sense to do.

Mindship described it pretty well here:

It makes a ton of sense. Millions of people watch football. If yo want to raise awareness for an issue, do it with millions watching.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:08 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I say that if the Players want to Push their Political Beliefs. Make them spend their OWN MONEY to do it. They are all Millionaires. Make them Pay their own way.

But then I don't watch sports so I don't really care if it all goes down the tubes.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:11 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Oh and Those Silly Canucks!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
It makes a ton of sense. Millions of people watch football. If yo want to raise awareness for an issue, do it with millions watching.

Originally posted by Mindship
You can still bring the message (eg, street protests get plenty of coverage), just choose (imo) wiser times or places. Maximum exposure does not necessarily mean optimum exposure. Some times/places can have the opposite effect: hardening the opposition. I'm looking at this not from a justice pov, but from a practical one. You don't just want to be heard, you want to be thoughtfully considered.

Again, I defend their actions and grok their objective (for what it's worth, I believe, eg, that the freedom our flag represents should give me the right to burn a piece of dyed cloth), but I question the efficiency of the execution. The consequences of one's actions may not always be what you want, ie, inflaming, not engaging.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:14 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang

Is the national anthem the only portion shown on tv?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Is the national anthem the only portion shown on tv?

How exactly do you see someone else's patriotism (or lack there of if viewing it that way) as an affront to your patriotism and patriotism in general?

Don't take that as an attack, I'm genuinely curious how people with your mindset work this over in your thought processes.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How exactly do you see someone else's patriotism (or lack there of if viewing it that way) as an affront to your patriotism and patriotism in general?

Don't take that as an attack, I'm genuinely curious how people with your mindset work this over in your thought processes.

I see it as disrespectful to those who fought and served in this country, like both my grandfathers.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:33 PM