KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling

Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raisen

patriotism is a tool to manipulate emotions and get people to do things against their best self interests.

but whatever

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:37 PM
Raisen is online now! Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I see it as disrespectful to those who fought and served in this country, like both my grandfathers.

Fascinating.

Thanks for answering thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Lol...

Four Catholic HS football players say they plan to take a knee for anthem — then learn their fate

They said they planned to kneel and got benched for the game:

"Michael Lynn III, Lansing Catholic’s starting quarterback, told the paper the decision felt like “oppression.”
“I get they are a private school and they can do what they want,” Lynn III told the Journal. “They are right, they can. But that doesn’t make it humane, and that does not make it OK that they can do that because that still is my right to peaceful protest. Not only am I peaceful protesting, but I’m protesting as a primary source. I am a young black man in America. I’ve had to deal with certain things that other people will never have to deal with.”

Wow lol. At the end he seems to imply he has had to deal with oppression that others haven't, but if he thinks *this* is an example of oppression I honestly don't think he knows what the word means. He also says it is inhumane. Being benched for a high school football game is inhumane treatment?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 10:23 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:56 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard
Fascinating.

Thanks for answering thumb up

Not surprising you would have this veiw Robbie. Seeing as ow you would be one of those people that spit at those soldiers as they came back from war.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 03:50 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Good. It's time they got their act together as an organization. Maybe now they'll start reprimanding their players when they deserve it and stop trying to cover up the health risks a professional footballer faces.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 04:35 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Everybody is just a Victim with you aren't they?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 05:32 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Good. It's time they got their act together as an organization. Maybe now they'll start reprimanding their players when they deserve it and stop trying to cover up the health risks a professional footballer faces.

In the modern era, can you explain how a grown ass adult would be unaware of the health risks of playing football?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 02:27 PM
Raisen

In the modern era, can you explain how a grown ass adult would be unaware of the health risks of playing football?

yeah. why do we have to worry about the lowest denominator always. everything has to have 1000 page instructions on what not to use an item for.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 06:18 PM
Raisen is online now! Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Lol so now the owner of the Cowboys is saying that if his players disrespect the flag they will be benched.

Unfortunately I think it is too little too late, the damage has probably been done. Of course there are people complaining over what the owner said, saying it puts black players in an awkward position because now they might be seen as sellouts if they do not kneel.

Also lol!

Sportscaster Hill Suspended by ESPN After NFL Boycott Call

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:44 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Nah, they'll call his bluff on his virtue signaling. If he benches some, the rest will join in and then he won't have a team (unless he wants to bring out all the 2nd and 3rd string players) and he likes money more than than his pretend patriotism.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Nah, they'll call his bluff on his virtue signaling. If he benches some, the rest will join in and then he won't have a team (unless he wants to bring out all the 2nd and 3rd string players) and he likes money more than than his pretend patriotism.

I hope they go to call his bluff and it turns out he wasn't bluffing after all, that would be hilarious.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:48 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

I hope they go to call his bluff and it turns out he wasn't bluffing after all, that would be hilarious.

Um, you realize they all have ironclad contracts and he's going to have to likely still pay all of them while they sit on that bench? You do realize, yes?

So it'll just be a loss of income for the owner. His $$$ matters more than pretending like he actually cares if players stand or kneel quietly. Unless he's a weird billionaire who doesn't care about money?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:50 PM
Surtur

Um, you realize they all have ironclad contracts and he's going to have to likely still pay all of them while they sit on that bench? You do realize, yes?

So it'll just be a loss of income for the owner. His $$$ matters more than pretending like he actual cares if players stand or kneel quietly. Unless he's a weird billionaire who doesn't care about money?

Who knows what he'd do? It would just be funny, can you imagine the victim playing that would ensue?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:51 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

I leave the imagination pretend scenarios to you, Surt.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:53 PM
cdtm
@#$%

Pride can mean more then making money.

Didn't a Wal-Mart choose to shut down rather then conceed to union demands?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by cdtm
Pride can mean more then making money.

Didn't a Wal-Mart choose to shut down rather then conceed to union demands?

Plus, the owner is already filthy rich, correct? That isn't going to change, even if he benches every player.

He'd be a legend if a bunch of players kneel and he benches them all.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:17 PM
cdtm
@#$%

Pretty much.

Everyone moans about losing even a single penny for someone elses benefit, but they're happy to overspend to get what they want.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:19 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by cdtm
Pretty much.

Everyone moans about losing even a single penny for someone elses benefit, but they're happy to overspend to get what they want.

Indeed, and we've seen fans willing to set their season tickets on fire in protest of the NFL.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:20 PM