KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling

Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 19 20 [21]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I would think that in the land of the free you'd be allowed to kneel during the anthem or wave a confederate flag without any backlash.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 10:20 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
I would think that in the land of the free you'd be allowed to kneel during the anthem or wave a confederate flag without any backlash.

Well I think you are free to kneel just like people are free to find it disrespectful and choose not to watch anymore. Just like Trump is free to call them SOB's(but not to say they should be fired).

At the same time, I also feel like if a private business wants to make a specific behavior(like kneeling) not allowed because it is costing them business...they have that right.

It gets to the point that now...they have the attention. So while they are free to do so, why is it they still *have* to kneel during the anthem? If no disrespect is meant and a not so small number of people are saying they find it disrespectful...what reason is there to continue? They could take all the attention they got and use it off the field to actually try to help the situation this was supposedly originally about.

Since right now it is very much not at all about police brutality. It's actually never going to be about that until they stop. Because until they stop all that will ever get talked about is the issue of if its disrespectful and the issue of Trump weighing in on it. The most discussion about police brutality this gets is when people point out "it was originally about police brutality" lol. It just boggles the mind to me, this movement has been hijacked and if its as important to them as they claim why are they doing nothing about it?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 10:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Surtur
Well I think you are free to kneel just like people are free to find it disrespectful and choose not to watch anymore. Just like Trump is free to call them SOB's(but not to say they should be fired).

At the same time, I also feel like if a private business wants to make a specific behavior(like kneeling) not allowed because it is costing them business...they have that right.

It gets to the point that now...they have the attention. So while they are free to do so, why is it they still *have* to kneel during the anthem? If no disrespect is meant and a not so small number of people are saying they find it disrespectful...what reason is there to continue? They could take all the attention they got and use it off the field to actually try to help the situation this was supposedly originally about.

Since right now it is very much not at all about police brutality. It's actually never going to be about that until they stop. Because until they stop all that will ever get talked about is the issue of if its disrespectful and the issue of Trump weighing in on it. The most discussion about police brutality this gets is when people point out "it was originally about police brutality" lol. It just boggles the mind to me, this movement has been hijacked and if its as important to them as they claim why are they doing nothing about it?

agreed on all points. you're free to kneel but the owner is free to deny you the chance to play.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 11:53 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Everyone has the Right to Hate "Murica" but not everyone can be allowed to Support it.

Leftist Progressive Thingking at its best. ....

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 06:13 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 14th, 2017 04:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm hearing reports that Colin The Cuck is filing a grievance against the NFL for "collusion".

Lol f*ck off.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:04 PM
Raisen

I'm hearing reports that Colin The Cuck is filing a grievance against the NFL for "collusion".

Lol f*ck off.

Russia bro. Russia

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:24 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raisen
Russia bro. Russia

Even more amusing is they more or less try to blame Trump. Do...do they think people have amnesia? Colin wasn't getting picked up by teams LONG before Trump said anything lol.

It will be messed up if people are dumb enough to agree with Colin and he wins this suit. We literally have a variety of teams rejecting him long before Trump said anything.

It's also going to be incredibly hard to prove the NFL owners got together and colluded to keep Colin out. They probably just didn't want to deal with the drama and politics that come along with him. Which is a valid reason not to want him.

Oh and some teams are *still* kneeling lol. There is no valid excuse for that anymore. They have more than enough attention on them now...they could channel it into actually trying to help stop the things they are complaining about. They aren't, all they are doing is kneeling and it seems at this point like it's just about pissing people off. I can't see any other way to take it at this point. It's not about stopping violence against blacks because nobody is even discussing that really.

Someone explain to me what the point is, because it really is no longer necessary that these players kneel specifically during the anthem. We will all know the reason they kneel, even if they decide to do it at a different time than usual. So even the excuse of "people won't know why they are kneeling" falls flat.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 02:25 PM
cdtm

Even more amusing is they more or less try to blame Trump. Do...do they think people have amnesia? Colin wasn't getting picked up by teams LONG before Trump said anything lol.

It will be messed up if people are dumb enough to agree with Colin and he wins this suit. We literally have a variety of teams rejecting him long before Trump said anything.

It's also going to be incredibly hard to prove the NFL owners got together and colluded to keep Colin out. They probably just didn't want to deal with the drama and politics that come along with him. Which is a valid reason not to want him.

Oh and some teams are *still* kneeling lol. There is no valid excuse for that anymore. They have more than enough attention on them now...they could channel it into actually trying to help stop the things they are complaining about. They aren't, all they are doing is kneeling and it seems at this point like it's just about pissing people off. I can't see any other way to take it at this point. It's not about stopping violence against blacks because nobody is even discussing that really.

Someone explain to me what the point is, because it really is no longer necessary that these players kneel specifically during the anthem. We will all know the reason they kneel, even if they decide to do it at a different time than usual. So even the excuse of "people won't know why they are kneeling" falls flat.

Everythings Trumps fault.

In that "triggered" thread, I posted about a black man being beaten down by white nationalists, and then sueing him when he tried defending himself with a flashlight. Somehow, a broken legal system that lets thugs sue their victim if they fight back becomes Trumps fault.

I mean, yeah, you can lay some blame at his feet for encouraging nationalists. But the legal systems been broken for years. Focusing on Trump as the source of all evil while ignoring everything else wrong with society doesn't do anyone good, and sure doesn't promote change away from the statue quo. Quite the opposite, it distacts people from systemic flaws that have nothing to do with Trump, or Democrats vs Republicans..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 03:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay so apparently some of the Saints decided not to kneel during the anthem and they knelt before the anthem. People are upset that they continued to kneel during a moment of silence for a recently killed police officer(who is black btw).

Here is a video by a cop who is quite pissed off over it:

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 16th, 2017 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 05:21 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by cdtm
Focusing on Trump as the source of all evil while ignoring everything else wrong with society doesn't do anyone good,

That's a strawman

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:32 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Everythings Trumps fault.

In that "triggered" thread, I posted about a black man being beaten down by white nationalists, and then sueing him when he tried defending himself with a flashlight. Somehow, a broken legal system that lets thugs sue their victim if they fight back becomes Trumps fault.

I mean, yeah, you can lay some blame at his feet for encouraging nationalists. But the legal systems been broken for years. Focusing on Trump as the source of all evil while ignoring everything else wrong with society doesn't do anyone good, and sure doesn't promote change away from the statue quo. Quite the opposite, it distacts people from systemic flaws that have nothing to do with Trump, or Democrats vs Republicans..

Indeed, look at this:

Have Trump’s tweets aided the kneelers’ legal position?

Spoiler alert, the answer to the question in the headline is a big fat No.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:53 PM