KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling

Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

England has Statues of GW as you pointed out.

If the war had not been about slaves. No one would care.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 12:43 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Okay, and?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 12:46 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 12:47 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Okay, and?

Meaning that saying the statues need to be torn down because they were traitors is nonsense. England didn't start tearing down statues.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 12:49 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
(please log in to view the image)

Pretty much.

The Anthem thing was the weirdest one, imo, it's like they believe George Washington wrote it himself and it's been the Anthem since the late 1700's or something.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 12:51 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

He did God Danmit!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 12:52 AM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by Sable
Meaning that saying the statues need to be torn down because they were traitors is nonsense. England didn't start tearing down statues.

Okay, are we England now? Did George Washington fight to enslave the English? What exactly is your point here, cos it appears to be exactly what Eternal Idol pointed out, avoiding the points I brought up with irrelevant nonsense.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 12:52 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wouldn't know, that guy went on ignore. Anyways, like I said, if the war had been about anything but "slaves" no one would care about the statues.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 12:57 AM
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Hahaha post of the month... Still laughing with you Jaden.

My favourite was the NOOOO SURRREENNDEEERRRR woman.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 01:02 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

No no. We are tearing down statues, saying who cares about the anthem, who cares about the flag. So what are we without our history?

No one was worshiping these statues. No one even cared till they were getting torn down. It's like burning books.

An anthem and a flag aren't history. Actions and events and people are history. Maybe there was a time when flags and anthems were used to rouse people into acting for the greater good of humanity. Now they seem to be used by powerful people to goad others into working against their own interests and those of wider humanity in order to those in power.

The people who seem to care the least about what a flag and anthem symbolise are those who invoke it the most.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 01:28 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

It apparently does in the original.

Because America is just the Confederate Flag and the Star Spangled Banner song? Which btw didn't become the national anthem until 1931. LoL. Tell me again how you're not just another ridiculous Trumper.
Strawman much? Either respond to my actual point or don't waste my time.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 01:30 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 01:37 AM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Okay, are we England now? Did George Washington fight to enslave the English? What exactly is your point here, cos it appears to be exactly what Eternal Idol pointed out, avoiding the points I brought up with irrelevant nonsense.

Wouldn't know, that guy went on ignore. Anyways, like I said, if the war had been about anything but "slaves" no one would care about the statues.

Well, that was easy. laughing out loud

I'm disappointed he didn't call me a snowflake as he hit the ignore button to create himself a safe space from logic.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 01:59 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

We got a clinger boys, it's like that piece of poop that won't flush! Just be honest with me. Where did I ever say I wanted to converse with you?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 02:01 AM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

We got a clinger boys, it's like that piece of poop that won't flush! Just be honest with me. Where did I ever say I wanted to converse with you?

I thought you had me on ignore, ****? So ignore me. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 02:15 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aw poor troll throwing a fit. Only recently came to the gdf to do as much.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 02:16 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
An anthem and a flag aren't history. Actions and events and people are history. Maybe there was a time when flags and anthems were used to rouse people into acting for the greater good of humanity. Now they seem to be used by powerful people to goad others into working against their own interests and those of wider humanity in order to those in power.

The people who seem to care the least about what a flag and anthem symbolise are those who invoke it the most.

Yes but the big picture. Tear down our cultural identity and replace it with identity politics based on race and skin color.

It's already at work. I just posted in the other thread.. The Dallas school board is having debates of removing the founding fathers names from schools they were named after.

It starts with "Confederate Statues" then the Flag, then the anthem, now the founding fathers. They are coming after our history, our past and ultimately our way of life. And the main goal is the Constitution. To change it based on it was written by "bad people" so we need a new one.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 02:46 AM
Todd1700

quote:
It starts with "Confederate Statues

Yeah because I remember my first history class in high school and listening to my teacher explain how without the statue of Stonewall Jackson in the park on the other side of town it would be impossible for him to teach us about the Civil War. LOL!

I am born and raised in Alabama. No one is talking about purging the history books. But when you put up statues of people and things in public places this is something done to honor or exalt that person or thing. Why then are we putting up statues in our towns and parks down here of people that took up arms against the United States of America? You know, traitors.

And my God look at the cause. People can sugar coat it with the "States Rights" horse shit all they want. The South seceded because they feared the northern states were going to ban slavery which would cause them to "Lose Their Property". The property being slaves.

Alexander Stephens (vice president of the confederacy) said the following after the passing of the Confederate Constitution.

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

Racist dickheads like this are what you are defending when you defend keeping statues up honoring the leaders and generals of the south during this time period.

This is isn't about destroying anyones heritage or history. Hitler hasn't been purged from the history books. The germans just don't put up statues honoring the mother****er in every town like we mysteriously do with the traitors that waged war against our country from 1861 to 1865. .

Last edited by Todd1700 on Sep 27th, 2017 at 04:48 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:43 AM
Todd1700 is currently offline Click here to Send Todd1700 a Private Message Find more posts by Todd1700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Truth & Justice & Liberty

He wasn't born in the US right? Only US born Americans take everything for granted here.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:56 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Crazy right?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:58 AM