KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling

Confederate/Nazi flag vs Anthem Kneeling
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

I do find it interesting that for the most part, people that wonder what the big deal is because it's just a flag/anthem are the same ones that agree with removing statues/flag and vice versa.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:56 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
I do find it interesting that for the most part, people that wonder what the big deal is because it's just a flag/anthem are the same ones that agree with removing statues/flag and vice versa.
*profiled

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:58 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

Originally posted by Surtur
Well then, statues aren't history either. lol. Do you see how that works?

Oh and just to nip any excuses in the butt: no, a statue of a person is not an actual person. Since Jaden said "actions, events, and people are history" I didn't wanna leave anyone room to weasel out.

Exactly. Which is why I don't get upset about statues being up or not.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:03 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I'm sure that's not true.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:10 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I'm sure that's not true.

Can't say I'd be happy with statues of Jimmy Savile or Peter Sutcliffe going up but I don't think that'll happen any time soon.

Then again I come from a city where they put up statues of a dragon, penguins, Lemmings and fat, bearded kids comic characters so I'm not sure how valid my opinion is.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:29 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Yea I was gonna say even if you don't care about statues of good people you would probably care if the right villain had a statue.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:33 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by Kurk
not an argument robbo

If someone can't figure out why there's a difference between saying "black power" and "white power" in regards to the history of the US, then a laugh is all they get, Kurky.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:42 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I disagree... they are (historically) considered the bad guy by many. People even want to get rid of Columbus day.

But the bottom line is that white power/pride is associated with a nasty history hence white people are too guilty to indulge. This is the same exact logic as saying that history matters and so does symbolism. You don't just get to wipe the slate clean and declare something like that devoid of any historical connotations when it is so deeply ingrained in the modern psyche.

That's right. Nazi's, certainly, but also to a point W.A.S.P.'s.

The powers that displaced them learned from their mistakes, and maintain a very careful face in public while they screw the little people behind the scenes..

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:55 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Odd no one is addressing this. Shit does stink when it's in your face.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:06 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

People don't like having their hypocrisy pointed out.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:08 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

People don't like having their hypocrisy pointed out.

"But wait this is different!"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:09 AM
darthgoober

I personally don't have a problem with people not standing for the anthem. When I was younger I flatly refused to stand for the pledge of allegiance and anthem in school because there's a truckload of stuff about the country I disliked. That being said, if there's a policy against political statements while in uniform(the way there is for cops) then the players shouldn't be allowed to do it, that's what they signed on for. If there's not such a policy then they should, and all the talk about punishing them is ridiculous because it's a free country.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:12 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Lestov16
Which one is more traitorous and disrespectful to our nation and troops? I'd say the Nazi/Confederate flags, since they are the flags of traitors and enemies whom American soldiers actually died fighting against. What about yourselves?

Troops serve so people are allowed to do these things. Ask any troop

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:13 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by darthgoober
I personally don't have a problem with people not standing for the anthem. When I was younger I flatly refused to stand for the pledge of allegiance and anthem in school because there's a truckload of stuff about the country I disliked. That being said, if there's a policy against political statements while in uniform(the way there is for cops) then the players shouldn't be allowed to do it, that's what they signed on for. If there's not such a policy then they should, and all the talk about punishing them is ridiculous because it's a free country.

See, even the Chinese Communist gets this thumb up

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:15 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

Originally posted by Sable
Odd no one is addressing this. Shit does stink when it's in your face.

Yet here's me wondering what the big deal is because it's just an anthem/flag and not caring about statues one way or the other.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:22 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I doubt the tax payers who have to pay for these stadiums to keep these money hungry teams signed up to support protests they don't agree with.

Anyhow Rob, what about this?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:23 AM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Failed points donít hsve to be addressed, self explanatory

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:25 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by jaden101
Yet here's me wondering what the big deal is because it's just an anthem/flag and not caring about statues one way or the other.

I basically feel the same, but if you look at the various threads on here. we are the minority.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:25 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Failed points donít hsve to be addressed, self explanatory

They are not failed points, they cut through the BS, and expose the hypocrisy.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:26 AM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Sable
I doubt the tax payers who have to pay for these stadiums to keep these money hungry teams signed up to support protests they don't agree with.

Anyhow Rob, what about this?

Those tax payers need to be more concerned with the fact that their tax dollars go to an organization that makes billions of dollars every year then. It's listed as a "non profit" and shouldn't be, THAT'S what they need to be forcused on and trying to change.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:26 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote