KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Galactus vs GA Superboy Prime

Galactus vs GA Superboy Prime
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Similiar to Monarchs Fight except theres no armor to breach.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:31 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Similiar to Monarchs Fight except theres no armor to breach.

Galactus dies if his suit gets removed.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:33 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

How

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:08 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
How

Galactus needs his armor to contain his power cosmic. If it is removed his powers consume him.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:25 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that's...not true.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Plus he would die of embarrassment. Can you imagine??

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:28 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

It has been well-established that Galactus needs his armor to survive. Without it, his powers would consume him and his energies would get released, disintegrating him.

Here's one reference to it, found with a quick google search, and there are others:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:46 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

So Monarch is a copy of Galactus

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:54 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that scan also states that the guy doesn't even KNOW if that would kill him. lol

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...loody+galac.jpg

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

The only thing Xxan Xxar wasn't sure about was whether his weapon would disintegrate Galactus' armor or not. That's why he chickened out. But if it had worked the result would most likely have been Galactus' death. That fact was not in doubt.

This is one of the fundamental facts about Galactus. Almost immediately after the Big Bang (and the birth of Galactus) he had to cocoon himself into his ship, until he had created his suit to contain his emerging powers, so that he could start his world-devouring journey.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:13 PM
Magnon

Here Vision phases a similar "suit disintegrator" of Reed's design into Galactus's shoulder armor, and once the suit starts to break Galactus' powers start to leak out:

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:18 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Depends on the writer. During the Hunger, Galactus' suit was shredded and energy didn't start leaking out of him.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 05:22 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

If Galactus wants too really fight he will amp his physical attributes and obliterate SMP, regardless how big Galactus is his reflexes are goood for a being his size and power, and has caught Silver Surfer on more than one occasion. Plus Galactus can drained the very solar energy and life force out of SMP with the greatest of ease.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 07:37 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

I have a question, has it been shown that simply flying through the Anti-Monitor's body is the equivalent of being subjected to his touch?

I ask because:

And Supergirl has punched him with no obvious damage:

So I know it's not always consistent. I know his Anti-Matter energies are incredibly deadly and can consume realities. I just want to know if writers consider it the same as tearing through him.

I ask because people always mention Prime flying through the Anti-Monitor unharmed as a durability feat of withstanding his energies but I personally thought it was completely different to what happened to the Guardian and I think it's pretty clear that this is not remotely the same in the eyes of some writers so I just want some wisdom dropped.

/shrug

Just curious as I'm too lazy to read all his appearances.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 07:44 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Prime

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 06:58 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Galactus , Easy.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 02:16 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Galactus should win

Personally, I don’t see this being an easy fight though. As strong as Galactus is, I don’t see him easily hurting Prime. It took a universal explosion to get this guy KOed. Even as a teen, he took some insane beating; like others have mentioned, a galaxy busting attack.

I just don’t see how Galactus would easily win this without a nice BFR or some red sun radiation. Otherwise it will take some time

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 02:54 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Also..... Galactus is eating Earth Prime. Who wants to bet SBP pulls something ridiculous out of the hat when the chips are down?

After all, this is the guy who punched his way out of the Phantom Zone...retcon punched Beast Boy....attacked Dan Didio....overloaded Black Lantern rings....

I wouldn't be surprised if he destroyed Earth Prime just to 'save' it, depriving Galactus of his meal and then punching his face in.

Any combat fts? You wouldnt give Hulk the edge over Darkseid even though Hulk space cheese>>>Darkseids.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 02:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Galactus , Easy.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 02:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Lactus

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 03:00 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote