KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » My Hero is best at EVERYTHING!! No fooling man!!!

My Hero is best at EVERYTHING!! No fooling man!!!
Started by: JBL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...naah. A group of people is making everyone leave. I received a personal message from someone that was one of the best member on this site for yrs on why he departed us, KMC and it is due to the same reason I wrote my previous sentence.

Rage is one of the biggest fanboys out there, though.

I like him, but calling him an unbiased, even handed poster who doesn't play favorites the same way you do with Hulk/Goku and I do with Catwoman is just wrong.

At least I admit I'm a catwoman fanboy.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 01:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Every member of every comic forum I know has at least 1 character that they never give a win against easily. With me it's Hellstrom from Marvel and pre 52 Alan Scot or Dr Fate for DC. Freely admit I have to fight my own bias to post that any of them would loose a vs match (or they'd havr to be in a Vs match against someone ridiculously more powerful.

Superman fans might seem overly biased but personally I think its just because of the difference between a forum fight and a comic showing. A LOT more of Supes losses (and while I used to loves supes I've hated him since death of Superman erc) are due to PIS which we dont use where Surfer and Thor is more CIS whichbis allowed.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 03:24 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
Rage is one of the biggest fanboys out there, though.

I like him, but calling him an unbiased, even handed poster who doesn't play favorites the same way you do with Hulk/Goku and I do with Catwoman is just wrong.

At least I admit I'm a catwoman fanboy.

thumb up So now there's two of us.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 03:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I think it's also the nature of what's happening in comics. Let's look at some of the 'usual', 'classic' threads.

We've all done Superman vs Thor vs Hulk to death.

Except if I were to open that thread now, it would be a Superman with both pre and post 52 feats, vs Jane, or vs Amadeus Cho.

Wolverine vs Batman? Erm, Laura Kinney vs a guy who has faced WW and lived?

GL vs Surfer? At the moment, we have Hal outrunning OB, and Surfer struggling to cross the universe or whatever.

Flash vs.....yeah. Quicksilver? Runner hasn't had any new feats at all.

Lex vs IM? It'll be Riri Williams vs a guy who packs a frigging Motherbox.

There are one or two Marvel's who have packed on more battleboard feats, sure. Black Panther springs to mind. But then his usual opponents (Deathstroke fights Superman! Batman outpsces HV!) Just makes it difficult for some posters to accept, or to debate against.

And so it looks like they're being run off. Even Rulk, a relatively new Marvel character, gets downgraded.
I see your point but the problem is Marvel editorial policy.

1. There was no need for Thor-girl or Asian-Hulk except for political correctness. When you do crap like this you alienate your core fan group even if you get a temporary bump in sales for a few months.

2. Then there's the stupidity of everyone being able to beat everyone. There was a time when Marvel had a clearly designed formability and power lvl. Today outside of Hulk and Cap everyone can beat everyone. Add the proliferation of CL 100 bricks no hero stand out.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 03:37 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

And that's why I see the 'Superfans' seeming to run others off.

Five, three years ago, a Hulk/Superman thread would be competitive. At the same time, new scans could be relied on on a weekly basis.

Now? Superfans can use showings from OWAW, Final Crisis, PLUS NU52 etc. Hulk fans have to rely on old scans (if they want to be competitive) at which point it's nothing new, or they're forced to use Cho, who is nowhere near Banner levels.

Whilst every week, Superman garners more feats.

So it looks like Superfans are stifling the forum, when it's actually just the reliability of new evidence and proofs (which keeps things fresh) that is also to blame.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 03:57 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Err.. Superman always had more feats... That really hasn't changed. Who else appears in more comics? Batman probably?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:02 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

quote:
I think it's also the nature of what's happening in comics. Let's look at some of the 'usual', 'classic' threads.

We've all done Superman vs Thor vs Hulk to death.

Except if I were to open that thread now, it would be a Superman with both pre and post 52 feats, vs Jane, or vs Amadeus Cho.

Wolverine vs Batman? Erm, Laura Kinney vs a guy who has faced WW and lived?

GL vs Surfer? At the moment, we have Hal outrunning OB, and Surfer struggling to cross the universe or whatever.

Flash vs.....yeah. Quicksilver? Runner hasn't had any new feats at all.

Lex vs IM? It'll be Riri Williams vs a guy who packs a frigging Motherbox.

There are one or two Marvel's who have packed on more battleboard feats, sure. Black Panther springs to mind. But then his usual opponents (Deathstroke fights Superman! Batman outpsces HV!) Just makes it difficult for some posters to accept, or to debate against.

And so it looks like they're being run off. Even Rulk, a relatively new Marvel character, gets downgraded.
I see your point but the problem is Marvel editorial policy.

1. There was no need for Thor-girl or Asian-Hulk except for political correctness. When you do crap like this you alienate your core fan group even if you get a temporary bump in sales for a few months.

2. Then there's the stupidity of everyone being able to beat everyone. There was a time when Marvel had a clearly designed formability and power lvl. Today outside of Hulk and Cap everyone can beat everyone. Add the proliferation of CL 100 bricks no hero stand out.

3. Marvel is constantly deconstructing and Demonizing its heroes. It Started withNo more mutants with SW , than Civil War with Tony, X-man vs Avengers with Namor & Scott, and now withSecret Empire with Steve. So while the event might sell, fans of the character get PiS*ed when their favorite is show to be a callous manipulator, mass murderer or a traitor. This IMO is the reason for Marvel precipitous decline in sales and quality. Finally someone tell Marvel sometimes less is more we don't need over a dozen X-Book and 5 teams with X-Men yet claim they are a dying species.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:04 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yeah he has, but new 52 Superman suddenly gaining all the feats of pre 52 is.....a good boost, won't you say? And vice versa.

OWAW Superman, who without the sundip can bench the Earth for five days etc etc.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:04 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Err.. Superman always had more feats... That really hasn't changed. Who else appears in more comics? Batman probably?

It isn't just quantity though, it's also quality. Like DS said, Superman is being legitimately buffed while very few others in his bracket are.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Batman, Spiderman, Wolverine

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:06 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Doesnt matter. He always had way more showings.... Good ones, bad ones, ok ones, etc...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:09 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by -Pr-
It isn't just quantity though, it's also quality. Like DS said, Superman is being legitimately buffed while very few others in his bracket are.

Is he? In comics? A few weeks ago his fans gushed all over how he blocked a Sinestro blast with hv like it was the second coming. I was like huh?? In my head, "guess they mustve missed his past hv feats that are a million times better".

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:11 PM
DarkSaint85

So you don't think the canonicity buff, as I call it, where pre 52 Superman and Nu52 Superman being able to share feats, is a buff at all?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:11 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Is he? In comics? A few weeks ago his fans gushed all over how he blocked a Sinestro blast with hv like it was the second coming. I was like huh?? In my head, "guess they mustve missed his past hv feats that are a million times better".

It was more to do with the fact that he literally spit out the cosmic embodiment of the emotion of fear, and later on controlled it in a way that nobody, not even Hal Jordan or Sinestro, should be able to do with such ease.

It was a legitimately ridiculous feat of willpower.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:14 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

No because he will always have more showings of any high tiered heroes.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:14 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

It was more to do with the fact that he literally spit out the cosmic embodiment of the emotion of fear, and later on controlled it in a way that nobody, not even Hal Jordan or Sinestro, should be able to do with such ease.

It was a legitimately ridiculous feat of willpower.

It was a good feat. But have us seen how easily these entities have been enslaved or overpowered in the past?

And yeah. At the hv feat. It was trying too hard..

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:15 PM
DarkSaint85

No because he will always have more showings of any high tiered heroes.

So if I opened a thread, asking who could bench/lift more, and asked for quantifiable proof......you don't think Superman being able to draw on Nu52 showings is better than just limiting him to pre52?

Edit:. These entities=/= Parallax. Who else enslaved/overpowered it?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It was a good feat. But have us seen how easily these entities have been enslaved or overpowered in the past?

And yeah. At the hv feat. It was trying too hard..

Some low showings don't invalidate their power, or what Superman was able to do.

Especially with how DC, as DS said, just combined two versions of Superman, giving him the feats of both. It's a ridiculous boost.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:17 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Then thats arguing against himself.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:18 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Some low showings don't invalidate their power, or what Superman was able to do.

Especially with how DC, as DS said, just combined two versions of Superman, giving him the feats of both. It's a ridiculous boost.

Well... First things first. Do u know whats canon and what's not? My head is spinning with all the new bits of info. What with all Diana's n52 feats(all or some???) being an illusion. How does that affect Clark's showings? I'm just sitting back and waiting till they get all that sorted out. I'm sure someone has more insight.

In regards to low showings, it doesnt invalidate... But it paints a broader picture. Same with any character.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:25 PM