KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » My Hero is best at EVERYTHING!! No fooling man!!!

My Hero is best at EVERYTHING!! No fooling man!!!
Started by: JBL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
Reverse the roles. Thanos is now a woman....named Thanos. Thanos' new name is MentorSon. He drops to a fraction of his power and can't use his tech because it finds him too pathetic and goes to female Thanos. His black order turns from him and he just walks around armorless like a giant purple hemerroid getting beaten by people under his class. No reaction at all?

Its worse than that, but just an example.
Ok let me explain the difference between a hero and a villain. Thor faced adversity far more frequently than Thanos since he has his own monthly title for years. We haven't seen the same from Thanos over the long haul. We have seen Thanos doubt himself and face self doubt to come out on top before. I didn't cry foul or throw my hands up in dismay because until you face adversity you don't know what kind of man you are. I always have supreme faith in Thanos despite the differences in opinion of the writers and Thanos.

This is adversity for Thor and he will come out on top again and return to the status quo. I have faith in Thor. I always have as a character. My favorite Thor of all time was Reigning Thor when he lost his worthiness and had Loki believing him which is a stark contrast to typical Thor. Enjoy the differences and realize he will return. Never lose faith. Ever.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Ok let me explain the difference between a hero and a villain. Thor faced adversity far more frequently than Thanos since he has his own monthly title for years. We haven't seen the same from Thanos over the long haul. We have seen Thanos doubt himself and face self doubt to come out on top before. I didn't cry foul or throw my hands up in dismay because until you face adversity you don't know what kind of man you are. I always have supreme faith in Thanos despite the differences in opinion of the writers and Thanos.

This is adversity for Thor and he will come out on top again and return to the status quo. I have faith in Thor. I always have as a character. My favorite Thor of all time was Reigning Thor when he lost his worthiness and had Loki believing him which is a stark contrast to typical Thor. Enjoy the differences and realize he will return. Never lose faith. Ever.

People complain but my favourites characters always make very few appearances. laughing out loud

I think that they are too powerful for the writers to use in most stories.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:56 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Thats a huge dodge to my question. You could put every bit of adversity and self doubt that Thanos has had in his entire career, and it would not be comparable to what happened to Thor in the past 3 years. And Thor has had to usher the death of all the gods when he ended Rangarok. He cut a path for Surtur to get to Sif. he doesn't need lectures on adversity.

Reverse the roles, would you really be so optimistic ?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:00 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by "Id"
Thor fans still post here. You just don't see them jump into topics anymore.

Besides the Carvman are there any active Hulk fans that still post here?

Surfer fans are gone...Ambient, Darth, Naija etc...

Without anyone to compete, Superfans rolling up on fools.

Originally posted by carver9
It's crazy because the (sorry Bada) mods look at me as the problem when the problem is soooooo much bigger than me. A single person can not do as much damage to a website as what has happened here. No matter how much I can't stand H1, I have never thought in my head that I am leaving KMC because of him. The problem is bigger than me. Especially when you have grade A debaters leaving and lurking around without even posting (Rage, Scoobles, Goober, celey has started to back away from posting as much, and the list goes on) because of these same issues.

Hey I'm still around, I just don't bother anymore for the most part lol

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And that's why I see the 'Superfans' seeming to run others off.

Five, three years ago, a Hulk/Superman thread would be competitive. At the same time, new scans could be relied on on a weekly basis.

Now? Superfans can use showings from OWAW, Final Crisis, PLUS NU52 etc. Hulk fans have to rely on old scans (if they want to be competitive) at which point it's nothing new, or they're forced to use Cho, who is nowhere near Banner levels.

Whilst every week, Superman garners more feats.

So it looks like Superfans are stifling the forum, when it's actually just the reliability of new evidence and proofs (which keeps things fresh) that is also to blame.

Here's the thing though, there's nothing wrong with their old feats. Feats don't have to be new to be valid and newer feats aren't actually MORE valid than older feats. The "current versions of characters" stipulation in the rules has been corrupted to mean as such by many, but that's not actually what that stipulation is talking about. What that stipulation has always meant, is that if "Thor" is listed as the thread participant then right now it means Jane Thor by default. It doesn't mean that in a thread featuring Odinson w/hammer is about "Odinson as he was portrayed for a year and a half before losing the hammer".

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah he has, but new 52 Superman suddenly gaining all the feats of pre 52 is.....a good boost, won't you say? And vice versa.

OWAW Superman, who without the sundip can bench the Earth for five days etc etc.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Some low showings don't invalidate their power, or what Superman was able to do.

Especially with how DC, as DS said, just combined two versions of Superman, giving him the feats of both. It's a ridiculous boost.

A "boost"? Nope, not in the slightest. It certainly gives him a more expansive library of feats, but not a higher quality of them. Do you really think that his Earth weight feat is more impressive than lifting the supposedly infinite weight of that book?

I'm tempted to actually explain in depth on what the problems plaguing KMC are(again lol), but honestly I don't think anyone cares anymore. It has less to do with Superfans directly though than it does a number of double standards that have become the accepted norm on the forum that stifle good debates right from the outset.

Last edited by darthgoober on Sep 28th, 2017 at 12:29 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:16 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thats a huge dodge to my question. You could put every bit of adversity and self doubt that Thanos has had in his entire career, and it would not be comparable to what happened to Thor in the past 3 years. And Thor has had to usher the death of all the gods when he ended Rangarok. He cut a path for Surtur to get to Sif. he doesn't need lectures on adversity.

Reverse the roles, would you really be so optimistic ?
I will always believe in Thanos as you should in Thor. He will be fine in the end. Trust me. You're just rattled the status quo changed and rattled by the insecure Superman fans who are exaggerating this.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@Darth...

Please list the problems. It need to be said.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:27 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I will always believe in Thanos as you should in Thor. He will be fine in the end. Trust me. You're just rattled the status quo changed and rattled by the insecure Superman fans who are exaggerating this.

He's no Thor fan anymore. He gave Superman a solid majority over Thor.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:28 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

@Darth...

Please list the problems. It need to be said.

I might after I put the kids to bed, it's likely to be one of my long winded analysis and I can't devote that kind of attention to a post while they're destoying my house lol

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:30 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@Darksaint (read your posts through people quotes)...

I understand Superman benching earth weight but I would not put that above Hulk nearly depleting In-betweener of his power via strength. Not even close honestly. Superman ft is highly impressive whereas Hulk ft is insane.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:31 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Thor fans need to toughen up. I may be needed to don the hammer or battle axe.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:36 AM
LordofBrooklyn

There are NO problems on KMC!!!!

I HAVE USHERED IN A NEW GOLDEN AGE FOR BOTH THE HOUSE OF EL AND KMC!!!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:12 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

The whole unworthy thing is pretty much him consciously/subconsciously believing that all gods are not worthy of their supposed wardship(mortals?). He's basically limiting himself.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:34 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
There are NO problems on KMC!!!!

I HAVE USHERED IN A NEW GOLDEN AGE FOR BOTH THE HOUSE OF EL AND KMC!!!

VOTE LOB FOR PRESIDENT ! >_<

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:39 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
The whole unworthy thing is pretty much him consciously/subconsciously believing that all gods are not worthy of their supposed wardship(mortals?). He's basically limiting himself.
Self doubt can lead to growth. Have faith.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:03 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

There's no going back from this man. His history is damaged. Superman fans be damned. thumb up

I've done what I've had to do to survive these time Carver. You have no right to judge.

(please log in to view the image)

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:09 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

There's no going back from this man. His history is damaged. Superman fans be damned. thumb up

I've done what I've had to do to survive these time Carver. You have no right to judge.

History always changes but even if it's too much for you to stand everything good and bad is one retcon away.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:16 AM
carver9

When Superman had a bad yr, they still repped him, even during those hard times. Thor have enough fts to back him against any Herald. You lost site bro.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:19 AM
cdtm

Come to the Church of Rand. It's a safe haven of ever growing feats and character awesomeness that will never, ever disappoint you.

..just stay away from that series by the Canadian who has him babysitting some school girl kid, arguing with a nanny who calls him pampered, and running around a city getting snot blown on him by weird dragons out of Ghost Busters..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:26 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

IT CAN ALL END WITH JUST ONE MERE GESTURE!!!!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:49 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Ah so it was hostless... Which was my point from the start.

Nobody has resisted Parallax like that trying to take possession. Not Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner or even Ganthet.

Further Sinestro was trying to absorb Parallax for hours and failed.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:20 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote