KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » My Hero is best at EVERYTHING!! No fooling man!!!

My Hero is best at EVERYTHING!! No fooling man!!!
Started by: JBL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But would they mind if they rehashed their old arguments - and their (same old) opponents rehashed theirs?

Poster 1: ABC!
Poster 2: No!!!!! XYZ!

One month later:

2 years later:

5 years later:

What was the definition of insanity again?

See here's the thing about that... it didn't used to be that way. You see GOOD debates don't end up forever caught in those loops. Back when the quality posters were actually participating people would eventually either agree to disagree on certain things, conceed the point, or Mods would step in and point out who was actually hanging up the arguement.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:39 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by abhilegend
Just as I never said who exactly was a fanboy yet you label me as bashing.

I've sworn off flaming or bashing. It's just not worth it.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself abhi. Now say I'm running away as if it's a legitimate claim and let me get back to my more satisfying discussion with DS.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:41 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by darthgoober
See here's the thing about that... it didn't used to be that way. You see GOOD debates don't end up forever caught in those loops. Back when the quality posters were actually participating people would eventually either agree to disagree on certain things, conceed the point, or Mods would step in and point out who was actually hanging up the arguement.

Yah, I get you - but what then?

Without new material, where would you go the next time the same debate turned up?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:47 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yah, I get you - but what then?

Without new material, where would you go the next time the same debate turned up?

Simple, the same debates don't pop up nearly as frequently between posters UNLESS something new is introduced. Similar debates will pop involving other people and the same debates will sometimes occure when one side starts gaining too much ground just to demonstrate that there's an arguement to be made to the contrary, but for the most part you just find other things to debate about. The only reason to continue saying the EXACT same thing to the same person over and over is because they're flat out ignoring your point and good debaters shy away from those debates anyway.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:57 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Mr. Master had it right.

You can save up all of your arguments in word documents, and then copy/paste them in every thread.

Also, lol @ calling out abhi, while complimenting odg/rage as debaters, or persons that are missed.

Don't think you're from the outside looking in the 'fanboy area', goob. There are no 'centrists' on a f*cking comic book character fighting forum. And abhi's no more extreme than you are.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:01 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Philosophía
Mr. Master had it right.

You can save up all of your arguments in word documents, and then copy/paste them in every thread.

Also, lol @ calling out abhi, while complimenting odg/rage as debaters, or persons that are missed.

Don't think you're from the outside looking in the 'fanboy area', goob. There are no 'centrists' on a f*cking comic book character fighting forum. And abhi's no more extreme than you are.

I didn't call out abhi, he injected himself into the discussion after I brought posters who're currently being missed.

And I know I'm a fanboy, but I seriously disagree about being as bad as others. In fact, I actually won an award one time as being the most reasonable fanboy(along with a whole slew of other awards) so I'd say I'm pretty "centrist" when it comes to actually evaluating evidence. Not in my personal preference of comics(which I have no problem admiting I USED to favor Marvel before they got stupid and I basically gave up on the whole genre), but when in regards to actually debating I do a pretty damn good job of giving the other side their due.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:08 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Neither does/did Bran, Scoobs, Blair, ODG, Rage, Ambient, and several others...

1.Branla- BROKE HIM
2.Scoobless- FEARS ME
3.ODG- ANNIHILATED
4.Rage-

All fell VICTIM to my ascent in power here at KMC.

THE DEBATES SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!!!!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:11 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Whatever you gotta tell yourself abhi. Now say I'm running away as if it's a legitimate claim and let me get back to my more satisfying discussion with DS.

You're running from what exactly?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:14 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I didn't call out abhi, he injected himself into the discussion after I brought posters who're currently being missed.

And I know I'm a fanboy, but I seriously disagree about being as bad as others. In fact, I actually won an award one time as being the most reasonable fanboy(along with a whole slew of other awards) so I'd say I'm pretty "centrist" when it comes to actually evaluating evidence. Not in my personal preference of comics(which I have no problem admiting I USED to favor Marvel before they got stupid and I basically gave up on the whole genre), but when in regards to actually debating I do a pretty damn good job of giving the other side their due.

You didn't call me out but you sure acted like today's state of forum is somehow Superman fans' fault and the posters who favored marvel characters were some saints who were chased away by sinners like us.

Don't try to revise history.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:18 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

About as bad as others - compared to somebody like quanchi? Sure, you're not. But he's not even a 'poster'. He is not debating at all - he is just trolling and trying to get a rise out of people. 80% of the forum has him on ignore. Compared to somebody like abhi? No. The only difference is that he is more aggressive [they grow up so fast!] but in terms of facts and knowledge, you'd be hard pressed to find him empty handed.

But that's just my opinion. It doesn't mean anything. There are Superman fans who dislike abhi, too. Some would like him to be more tempered, but it's not his fault that the characters he is supporting have the feats to beat the shit out of others. I have Thor fans that I like [Damborg], Hulk fans that I like [Psycho], Thanos/Surfer fans that I like[d] [Bran]. Superman fans that I dislike [h1] etc. We all have our preferences, and 'sides'. It's a waste of time to circlejerk as 'centrists' with forum medals and stay on the imaginary high horse to make up non-existent double standards. There are only biases, and how well we argue them. Let's not bullshit ourselves.

Calling out mods for bias, when carver, quanchi and a slew of others are still on the forum, more than a decade later, is just bitter as f*ck. It's not the 'Superman side''s fault that Thor/Surfer/Hulk side has lost the long run battle on the forum. Trying to scratch back at them won't change that.

Last edited by Philosophía on Sep 28th, 2017 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:22 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by abhilegend
You didn't call me out but you sure acted like today's state of forum is somehow Superman fans' fault and the posters who favored marvel characters were some saints who were chased away by sinners like us.

Don't try to revise history.

I did not, in fact I said...

I'm tempted to actually explain in depth on what the problems plaguing KMC are(again lol), but honestly I don't think anyone cares anymore. It has less to do with Superfans directly though than it does a number of double standards that have become the accepted norm on the forum that stifle good debates right from the outset.

Nor did I act as though those I listed were saints. Most of the posters I listed had already been brought up by someone else in this thread so I put them on the list of missed posters.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:23 PM
darthgoober

About as bad as others - compared to somebody like quanchi? Sure, you're not. But he's not even a 'poster'. He is not debating at all - he is just trolling and trying to get a rise out of people. 80% of the forum has him on ignore. Compared to somebody like abhi? No. The only difference is that he is more aggressive [they grow up so fast!] but in terms of facts and knowledge, you'd be hard pressed to find him empty handed.

But that's just my opinion. It doesn't mean anything. There are Superman fans who dislike abhi, too. Some would like him to be more tempered, but it's not his fault that the characters he is supporting have the feats to beat the shit out of others. I have Thor fans that I like [Damborg], Hulk fans that I like [Psycho], Thanos/Surfer fans that I like[d] [Bran]. Superman fans that I dislike [h1] etc. We all have our preferences, and 'sides'. It's a waste of time to circlejerk as 'centrists' with forum medals and stay on the imaginary high horse to make up non-existent double standards. There are only biases, and how well we argue them. Let's not bullshit ourselves.

Calling out mods for bias, when carver, quanchi and a slew of others are still on the forum, more than a decade later, is just bitter as f*ck. It's not the 'Superman side''s fault that Thor/Surfer/Hulk side has lost the long run battle on the forum. Trying to scratch back at them won't change that.

David_Richards had feats to post and misrepresent... that doesn't take away from just how bad he was.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:25 PM
-K-M-

There's a reason I don't debate as much as I used to as comics especially now have even less consistency. Powers, abilities or characterization vary so much even in subsequent appearances. Some people will go by just the high showings and ignore their low showings while others will go by low showings and ignore the highs. There never really is a middle ground anymore and the comics aren't helping that

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:26 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Also I didn't call the mods out for bias, in fact I listed a couple of different ways thing could have gotten this bad without them actually being outright biased against Marvel or it's fans.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:28 PM
Philosophía

Who is David_Richards, and what does he have to do with what I said?

If you think that somebody is misinterpreting evidence, prove it. In this thread alone, I could have brought up the fact that you purposely mislead with Thor feats when you mentioned midgard serpent or gravity gun to make it seem that he is 'competing' with Superman, when both of those are with context and shit-tier compared to Superman's even lower-highs, but that doesn't mean I'll start calling you a shit poster.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:29 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I did not, in fact I said...

Nor did I act as though those I listed were saints. Most of the posters I listed had already been brought up by someone else in this thread so I put them on the list of missed posters.

Of course you did. Trying to backpeddle doesn't works on a message board. It's all there.
David_Richards had feats to post and misrepresent... that doesn't take away from just how bad he was.

laughing out loud

What have I misrepresented goober? Whatever I say is based on cold, hard facts. Unlike you I don't have to rely on others "common sense" to win a debate.
Or creating imaginary powers for characters which have never saw print like "kryptonite/red sun attacks" from Silver Surfer. Or creating temporal energy to kill Mr Majestic. Or creating Radion for new gods. You misrepresented Silver Surfer's feats for years and got away with it when half the stuff you argued in favor of Surfer were never shown by Silver Surfer.

But sure, you got medals. That makes up for everything.

Last edited by abhilegend on Sep 28th, 2017 at 07:37 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:32 PM
darthgoober

Who is David_Richards, and what does he have to do with what I said?

If you think that somebody is misinterpreting evidence, prove it. In this thread alone, I could have brought up the fact that you purposely mislead with Thor feats when you mentioned midgard serpent or gravity gun to make it seem that he is 'competing' with Superman, when both of those are with context and shit-tier compared to Superman's even lower-highs, but that doesn't mean I'll start calling you a shit poster.

He's the worst poster ever. He used to post scans and had knowledge to back up what he had to say but that doesn't change that he was horrible. I think bringing him up pertains to the discussion because you bought up abhi having scans and such as if it indemnified him. But hey, you don't have a problem with him and I do, this is fine. I'm not trying to focus on abhi here.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:35 PM
Philosophía

Also I didn't call the mods out for bias, in fact I listed a couple of different ways thing could have gotten this bad without them actually being outright biased against Marvel or it's fans.

You're implying that either the mods are biased, or DC fans hit report button more:
The thing is that it frequently seems as though lowballing feats from Marvel is allowed while lowballing feats from DC frequently gets outright shut down by the Mods. Now I can't say whether or not that's because Marvel fans are less likely to hit the report button, that the Mods are more bothered by the Marvel fans articulation of their arguments or what, but it's something that happens.

Which is, again, your opinion on how the lowball frequency on the forum goes, or better yet, what you perceive as lowball.

What happens if the mods will say that there are almost no reports? That nobody is reporting carver, yet he gets called out? Will you call them as 'double standards' because of your perspective on how somebody like abhi is 'just as bad'?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:36 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He's the worst poster ever. He used to post scans and had knowledge to back up what he had to say but that doesn't change that he was horrible. I think bringing him up pertains to the discussion because you bought up abhi having scans and such as if it indemnified him. But hey, you don't have a problem with him and I do, this is fine. I'm not trying to focus on abhi here.

I can say the same about you. You've the knowledge and scans but you know how to misrepresent scans and feats.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:39 PM
darthgoober

You're implying that either the mods are biased, or DC fans hit report button more:

Which is, again, your opinion on how the lowball frequency on the forum goes, or better yet, what you perceive as lowball.

What happens if the mods will say that there are almost no reports? That nobody is reporting carver, yet he gets called out? Will you call them as 'double standards' because of your perspective on how somebody like abhi is 'just as bad'?

Having issue with the way something is articulated isn't inherently biased. There is such a thing as the "wrong way" to present an arguement after all.

Not JUST my opinion, I've talked with numerous others who no longer post here about such things. I'm giving the perspective not only of myself, but also many of those people are talking about leaving. The discussion has become WHY many of those posters are leaving, I'm giving the answer. You don't have to believe they agree with me if you don't want to.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:41 PM