KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who is the greatest debater of the Movie Versus Forum?

Who is the greatest debater of the Movie Versus Forum?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. TenthAdamtherock
2. Lord of Murder
3. Frothbyte
4. H1

These are the worst

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:04 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'd say Robtard and Vaultdweller. Both have a kind of unbiased style of debating where they just state the facts and never really come off as immature in their presentation the way a lot of other posters do. I also like the way Froth argues, though we don't always agree on points. Marwash comes to mind too. They're all pretty solid.

EDIT: Almost forgot Nemebro. A vote for him too, though he can be kind of a dick. Still, I find myself agreeing with him more often than not, he never comes off as biased, and his arguments have always made sense.

EDIT again:
quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Odin ****ed that whore. You know it. Sad. Just a skank. He banged the ****. Quit misunderstanding my words you cuck troll.

Thanks is going to break it. **** you and **** your xmen trash.

laughing out loud

For damn sure not this guy.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 27th, 2017 at 07:35 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:29 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

yeah, Neme is good; he's a cvnt, but he's good.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:55 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Nibedicus, Robtard and Vaultdweller. To me those three for the moment stands out. They always bring good, constructive arguments to the debate.

There are more, but these are the ones that I feel are the most active.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:56 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Utrigita
Nibedicus, Robtard and Vaultdweller. To me those three for the moment stands out. They always bring good, constructive arguments to the debate.

There are more, but these are the ones that I feel are the most active.

Haven't had much interaction with Robtard recently but Nibedicus and Vaultdweller definitely stand out. Too many so-called debaters just resort to insults and personal attacks. When you point out flaws in their arguments it turns into a flame war.

Nibedicus and Vaultdweller's arguments are consistently reasoned, well thought-out, and backed up by evidence. It doesn't mean they are flawless, but they try to argue with facts, proof, logic and common sense rather than sulking and getting abusive when you disagree with them.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:06 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Yep my vote goes to Vault and Nib as well

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 01:25 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'd say Robtard and Vaultdweller. Both have a kind of unbiased style of debating where they just state the facts and never really come off as immature in their presentation the way a lot of other posters do. I also like the way Froth argues, though we don't always agree on points. Marwash comes to mind too. They're all pretty solid.

EDIT: Almost forgot Nemebro. A vote for him too, though he can be kind of a dick. Still, I find myself agreeing with him more often than not, he never comes off as biased, and his arguments have always made sense.

EDIT again:

For damn sure not this guy.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 02:50 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I hate debating with Nibedicus, because you just know that he's going to bury you in a pile of well researched material that you'll never be able to keep up with. For that he gets top spot in my list.

Vault gets 2nd place. We've been in a few heated arguments before but it has never devolved into name-calling, and Vault will almost always use clean, logical debating methods.

Robtard gets third, but Rob is weird. He will not hesitate to name call or insult you. But for some reason he's able to do so without seeming petty. And he has a very concise, abbreviated debating style that garners respect.

As bonus, I'd also like to commend H1. The guy has some of the most absurd, most biased and delusional arguments. And yet despite all the hate he gets from other posters, not once have I heard him swear or name-call.

Now, should we start a thread on the worst debaters in the MvF?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:44 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by FrothByte
I hate debating with Nibedicus, because you just know that he's going to bury you in a pile of well researched material that you'll never be able to keep up with. For that he gets top spot in my list.

Vault gets 2nd place. We've been in a few heated arguments before but it has never devolved into name-calling, and Vault will almost always use clean, logical debating methods.

Robtard gets third, but Rob is weird. He will not hesitate to name call or insult you. But for some reason he's able to do so without seeming petty. And he has a very concise, abbreviated debating style that garners respect.

As bonus, I'd also like to commend H1. The guy has some of the most absurd, most biased and delusional arguments. And yet despite all the hate he gets from other posters, not once have I heard him swear or name-call.

Now, should we start a thread on the worst debaters in the MvF?

Really, because I could quote a dozen posts of h1 where he name calls and I should also point out that he spams the report button on people that disagree with him.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:47 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Really, because I could quote a dozen posts of h1 where he name calls and I should also point out that he spams the report button on people that disagree with him.

Yea saying h1 doesn't insult is just a lie. He calls people names all the time.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:48 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Silent Master

Oh does he? Guess I just don't read through enough of his walls of texts to see the insults. Ok... retracting my commendation then. I'll amend that to say that he's never insulted or name-called me, despite me doing both to him.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:51 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I can't recall a single one of you that's particularly good at all. thumb down Nibedicus is being named often, but I don't think I've ever so much as traded words with that guy. Who the **** is Vaultdweller?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 06:44 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 06:46 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 06:49 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Well i guess it all depends on the criteria you use to choose the "best debater".

The thing is i don't think there is a "best debater" since i think it variate depending on the topic of the thread and the mood of the person.

A person might be more knowledgeable on certain movies than others, and therefore he would have stronger points. But he might have 0 knowledge on movies which the other person does know a lot. So i think it variate depending the topic being argued.

Now if we are talking about how the person behaves in the forum, then again it depends on the mood of the person.

Some debaters have good points yet they are intolerant to other's opinion and therefore like to curse and behave childish a lot.

Others have weak points yet they act very maturely and are always respectful towards other's opinions.

So I really doubt such a title can be obtained.
It all depends on the topic being debated, and the mood of the person. And of course other factors.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:22 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by marwash22
yeah, Neme is good; he's a cvnt, but he's good.
Originally posted by NemeBro
I can't recall a single one of you that's particularly good at all.
point proven.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:41 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

If it makes you feel any better, there aren't many I'd consider truly, unsalvageably awful. thumb up

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:51 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

on topic, has there every been a battlezone in the movie versus forum?

can we set it up?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:59 AM
Silent Master

I've offered to BZ h1 about a dozen times, he always declines.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:07 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by marwash22
on topic, has there every been a battlezone in the movie versus forum?

can we set it up?
I have done multiple ones. Get with the times you ignorant wretch.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:57 AM