KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos Vs Drax & Grail

Thanos Vs Drax & Grail
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheHulkster
In his diminished state, he most definitely lacks the power to face Thane. He does gain power beyond that diminished state that allows him to fight Thane, but it is not stated that this gain takes him beyond where he was before the sickness. The dialogue supports that it doesn't. This may change in the future, but at present, it appears that he is back normal.

Or simply Thane is a far weaker host than the previous one.

An ideal host for the Phoenix is usually a very strong psionic.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:54 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Or simply Thane is a far weaker host than the previous one.

An ideal host for the Phoenix is usually a very strong psionic.

Good point. That is a strong possibility and has some support when Thanos tells him that he has no idea how to handle the power he wields. I can lean toward Thane being a less capable/weaker host.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:04 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good point. That is a strong possibility and has some support when Thanos tells him that he has no idea how to handle the power he wields. I can lean toward Thane being a less capable/weaker host.

Yep. embarrasment

I'm almost certain that Cyclops with the full power of the Phoenix was stronger than Thane despite being weakest at base.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:07 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Individually he'd beat both of them.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:09 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Damborgson
Individually he'd beat both of them.

I doubt it.

Drax is sometimes endowed with abilities making him Thanos' true kryptonite.

Grail isn't weak either.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:11 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

No, neither of them are weak, but I think he'd pull majority on both.

Grail would be a bigger threat than Drax.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:55 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Yep. embarrasment

I'm almost certain that Cyclops with the full power of the Phoenix was stronger than Thane despite being weakest at base.

Could be. Doesn't Cyclops with the full power manhandle pre-crisis Darkseid? Or does that count?

Jean is the undesputed top dog as a Phoenix host. Thanos' against Thane does not equate to him against Jean.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:00 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

I doubt it.

Drax is sometimes endowed with abilities making him Thanos' true kryptonite.

Grail isn't weak either.

Sort of seems that the Drax as Kryptonte has been forgotten. Kind of a shame because Giffen did good things with all of those characters.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:03 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How do you know?

Because the full Phoenix Force is coming for Jean Grey in her own series.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:21 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

We have no idea of the timeline of the two comics and marvels continuity is shocking.

Last edited by Insane Titan on Sep 28th, 2017 at 04:40 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 04:38 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Insane Titan
We have no idea of the timeline of the two comics and marvels continuity is shocking.

It's been stated that Phoenix Force is returning for Jean only.

A Phoenix egg doesn't makes one full host of Phoenix Force.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 06:22 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Doin anythin to downplay Thanos eh?

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:57 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Estacado
it seems that way. It’s not like we know the time line of either story’s ...or the fact the comic has stated countless time that he has the PF. Even makes a comment about the lvl of power he wields .

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 09:01 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

I did have a question from the fight. How often does thanos fly? As this seemed odd

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:25 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Estacado

Why would that be downplaying Thanos? In fact I remember the same guys trying to excuse Thanos low showings in other titles saying Thanos is weakened in all those appearances.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:26 AM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by -K-M-
I did have a question from the fight. How often does thanos fly? As this seemed odd
last time he appeared to actually fly was in the arc with the cosmic cube. Him and death flew to where the cube was.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:05 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by Insane Titan
last time he appeared to actually fly was in the arc with the cosmic cube. Him and death flew to where the cube was.

Could that also been death aiding him? Just throwing this out there not sure if it's the case but did the energy thanos just absorbed actually gave him the ability to fly? Or maybe artist liberties?

I like thanos more "grounded". Flying doesn't suit him in my personal opinion

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:53 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos envy is real.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:30 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Hmmmm? I like Thanos

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:53 PM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by -K-M-
Could that also been death aiding him? Just throwing this out there not sure if it's the case but did the energy thanos just absorbed actually gave him the ability to fly? Or maybe artist liberties?

I like thanos more "grounded". Flying doesn't suit him in my personal opinion
The seemed be flying independently of each other.

IMO it was the artist taking liberties

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:03 PM