KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Can Luminara Unduli ragdoll AotC Anakin?

Can Luminara Unduli ragdoll AotC Anakin?
Started by: Ursumeles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
LMAO We saw him trying to kill Anakin.

That's never made clear in the movie. You can launch attacks which you know you opponent can defend against. And you don't necessarily need to want someone alive to toy with them.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 12:35 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
If the movie actually featured a contradictory depiction of the fight, then I'd consider the hierarchy.

Regardless, as I said, that specific fight isn't needed to argue for Luminara here.

So feel free to dismiss it.
I'm asking because my argument is based on canonical hierarchy, i.e. movie > novel > comic, etc., so if your argument is assuming that all different sources are on equal standing then there's no point in continuing.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 03:04 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That's never made clear in the movie. You can launch attacks which you know you opponent can defend against. And you don't necessarily need to want someone alive to toy with them.

https://youtu.be/Q6zGXR32dNE

@ 1:23

It's clearly a killing blow, and given Anakin's position, there was clearly no guarantee of him blocking that.

The novel sounds like trash tbh.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Yet again, you're assuming a the logistical plausibility of a deleted scene applies to a separate novelization.
If the separate novelization is based on the deleted scene which is non-canon, then the novelization is literally based on something that didn't happen. Thus, we can dismiss it.

It's also a little laughable that you're trying to use differences in the logistical details present in different sources to try and invalidate source material when differences in details are true of literally every fight which has multiple depictions in source material.
Lmao, the "logistical detail" (which is a funny way to phrase it, as if what I'm disputing is just a little, irrelevant tidbit) is a large contradiction to the plot of the film. I'm not disputing some throwaway dialogue from the book that isn't in the movie. The book has an added duel that contradicts the sequence of events in the plot of the film, which is pretty significant. Other fights that are adapted in certain novels at least have the benefit of having actually happened, lmfao. The movie's authority is above the book, thus you can't use the book's material that doesn't coincide with the canon plot of the film. Since when are parts of a novel exempt from being disregarded when the movie contradicts it?

I'll play along though. In season 3, despite Anakin growing at a faster rate, Ventress is a clearly least a match for him and is still able to exploit openings in his defenses or superior power(have your pick) to blast him with the force. TCW Anakin is later then, directly stalemated by Ventress in a telekinetic bout despite Anakin growing at a faster rate.

The point being, AOTC Anakin being able to match later incarnations of Ventress is nonsensical when superior versions of Anakin can only match the corresponding versions of Ventress he faces.

Hence, Luminara being able to contend well with season 2 Ventress is a perfectly fair reason to argue she could take AOTC Anakin.

Oops, it seems this was a complete waste of your time. I don't care about your Luminara argument, only the relationship between the deleted scene and the novel.

That being said, I do have to point out the glaringly obvious fact that Ventress did not pin Anakin to the wall with the Force in the excerpt you posted, but she "pinned" him by advancing towards him immediately after he fell to the floor, leaving him no room to move because he was up against the wall. She doesn't even pin him in the deleted scene either, lol.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 08:58 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by |King Joker|

That being said, I do have to point out the glaringly obvious fact that Ventress did not pin Anakin to the wall with the Force in the excerpt you posted, but she "pinned" him by advancing towards him immediately after he fell to the floor, leaving him no room to move because he was up against the wall. She doesn't even pin him in the deleted scene either, lol. [/B]

Oh fck, u right, I should have read it closer before copy and pasting it.

Regardless, that's still Ventress defeating Anakin with the force. Anyway, we can agree to disagree on my use of that novelization's depiction of the fight, I my argument doesn't hinge on it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote