KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Choose one armor, Destroyer Vs Iron Man

Choose one armor, Destroyer Vs Iron Man
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Yes, it's magical tech

thumb up

It appeared to me that the Destroyer was flowing its body around until it came to a point to were it could easily dislodge the Spear...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:39 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Also, I'm kind of surprised you picked the Destroyer over the IM armor. What applications do you have in mind for it? I guess it'd be a pretty sweet weapon you could contract out and be rich off of, but it doesn't do much besides lumber around and shoot lasers.

My only application for it would be to be nigh unbeatable while using it (unless someone like Thor comes around)...

When you add to that fact that the Destroyer appears to require zero maintenance and apparently never needs to be recharged (I imagine that the IM armor requires regular recharging), then for me the answer is easy...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:45 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Sable
If it made a hole in the armor. The spear would have spun around or warped the armor.

Not necessarily...

The Armor is Magical; it doesnt have to obey the laws of physics as we know them...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:46 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

depends on which iron man suit v destroyer but real life id go with any iron man suit cuz it'd be way too much fun

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:58 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry magic isn't a excuse for not having answer solid evidence. The armor had no hole in it. End of story.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:58 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Sure, if you want to ignore photo evidence.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:02 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can clearly see the armor moving around the spear and exiting in a slit in the amor, this is an open and shut case.
If it made a hole in the armor. The spear would have spun around or warped the armor. It did neither. This is undeniable no matter how hard you want to avoid it.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:03 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

It didnt make a hole.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:08 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Sorry magic isn't a excuse for not having answer solid evidence. The armor had no hole in it. End of story.

Its debatable...

Whats not debatable though is that Sif damaged the Destroyer; that's the only logical explanation for it shutting down and having to reboot itself...

So hole or no hole, the Destroyer WAS damaged in some fashion...the details don't really matter ultimately...what does matter is that the Destroyer was able to rapidly recover from whatever damage it sustained without missing a beat.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:19 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never argured any of that. I struck down the theory there was a hole in the armor and that rebooting doesn't equal self healing.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:21 PM
TheLordofMurder

I never argured any of that. I struck down the theory there was a hole in the armor and that rebooting doesn't equal self healing.

So you agree that the Armor was damaged in some fashion?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:22 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

It rebooted itself because the spear disabled/interfeared with armor on a frequency level

Each of those pieces have to communucate with each other for the destroyer to function

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:22 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
It rebooted itself because the spear disabled/interfeared with armor on a frequency level

There is no way to know that as the movie doesn't supply enough info to draw such a conclusion...

But if you have proof that the Spear caused interference opposed to damage, I'd love to hear it...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:24 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
So you agree that the Armor was damaged in some fashion?

Something was damaged, but it wasn't the actual armor.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:19 PM