KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Fist fight: Daredevil vs Black Widow

Fist fight: Daredevil vs Black Widow
Started by: Josh_Alexander

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Fist fight: Daredevil vs Black Widow

Daredevil challanges Black Widow to a fight.

Who wins?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:16 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

DareDevil

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:29 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Matt destroys

Far more skilled, vastly more durable

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:46 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Matt destroys

Far more skilled, vastly more durable

thumb up

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:54 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

This is hard to call. Daredevil has had higher highs but also lower lows. Like, Daredevil (especially in season 1) regularly struggles to put away regular thugs whereas Black Widow steamrolls through fodder whether they're trained terrorists, ultronbots or Chitauri.

However, Daredevil has also fought high-end opponents like IronFist, Elektra and Nobu whereas the only high-end opponent BW ever fought for an extended duration was Hawkeye, and even then we don't actually know how good of a h2h fighter Hawkeye is.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:56 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Good fight.

BW has also fought chitari soldiers and Ultron bots. Both those opponents displayed super human abilities

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:01 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Going with DD. Good fight though.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:16 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Inhuman
Good fight.

BW has also fought chitari soldiers and Ultron bots. Both those opponents displayed super human abilities

Both of the foes also demonstrated subpar fighting ability and subpar durability as well though...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:18 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Both of the foes also demonstrated subpar fighting ability and subpar durability as well though...

Fighting ability I'll give you that. Durability, no.

Chitari have more than a few strength and durability feats. Like jumping off high buildings and cracking the ground where they land without injury to themselves.

Ultron bots were showed to rip through concrete streets pretty easily.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:22 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Inhuman
Fighting ability I'll give you that. Durability, no.

Chitari have more than a few strength and durability feats. Like jumping off high buildings and cracking the ground where they land without injury to themselves.

Ultron bots were showed to rip through concrete streets pretty easily.

One Ultron clone was damaged by getting hit it the head with a freaking glass bottle...

Another was destroyed by Black Widows tasers...

Their durability was horrific...

As for the Chitauri, Clints arrows were taking them down...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:37 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
One Ultron clone was damaged by getting hit it the head with a freaking glass bottle...

Another was destroyed by Black Widows tasers...

Their durability was horrific...

As for the Chitauri, Clints arrows were taking them down...

What glass bottle? I don't recall that. The only one that comes to mind is one of the Iron Legion getting hit with a bottle that contained some sort of acid.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 10:02 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Lets assume both are at the peak of their fighting skills. (No noob Daredevil or Black Widow).

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 11:59 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

This thread refers to the Defender's daredevil, not the one interpreted by Ben Affleck.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:29 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

daredevil; much better damage soak and much better fighting skills; Widow is on par with her agility but he's got better hitting strength

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:39 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Matt beat Iron Fist alone who has feats that shit on Natasha's

She has too few feats alone with notable opponents, she only relies on scaling

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:42 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

If this is pure H2H, I would back Matt. Natasha tends to need gear to take out her more formidable enemies.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:32 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
This is hard to call. Daredevil has had higher highs but also lower lows. Like, Daredevil (especially in season 1) regularly struggles to put away regular thugs whereas Black Widow steamrolls through fodder whether they're trained terrorists, ultronbots or Chitauri.

It's been a long time since DD s1 though. Matt had no issues disposing of any of the Hand fodder he fought in Defenders or the latter parts of DD2 S2, and he didn't have his suit or billy club for most of the Defenders. Also, Netflix thugs are frequently ridiculously tough for fodder. Fodder Matt has fought have gotten thrown down stairwells, smashed through doorways/floors (and even a wall IIRC), clocked in the head with things like microwaves etc. and then gotten back up to keep fighting.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:54 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's been a long time since DD s1 though. Matt had no issues disposing of any of the Hand fodder he fought in Defenders or the latter parts of DD2 S2, and he didn't have his suit or billy club for most of the Defenders. Also, Netflix thugs are frequently ridiculously tough for fodder. Fodder Matt has fought have gotten thrown down stairwells, smashed through doorways/floors (and even a wall IIRC), clocked in the head with things like microwaves etc. and then gotten back up to keep fighting.

Maybe so, but I still don't think Matt takes out fodder as easily as Black Widow does. Remember the first scene we see Black Window in the Avengers? Where she's tied up to a chair and she breaks out and demolishes her captors? I just don't see Daredevil taking them out with that kind of ease.

Now I'm not saying BW wins this match, I'm still undecided. I'm just saying DD just doesn't take out fodder with the same ease that BW does.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:07 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
Maybe so, but I still don't think Matt takes out fodder as easily as Black Widow does. Remember the first scene we see Black Window in the Avengers? Where she's tied up to a chair and she breaks out and demolishes her captors? I just don't see Daredevil taking them out with that kind of ease.

Now I'm not saying BW wins this match, I'm still undecided. I'm just saying DD just doesn't take out fodder with the same ease that BW does.

Disagree. In S1, Matt took out 3 cops in a couple of seconds, while handcuffed. And this was after getting caught in the one building of the Russians that Fisk blew up. He's taken out groups of Hand ninjas, who were fully armed, with ease as well. Like this showing, which takes him 16 seconds (he comes in at 0:24 and drops the last guy at 0:40), despite the fact that they have guns, and he had hostages to worry about :

Also, not all of Widow's fodder go down that easily. in CA:CW some of Rumlow's guys ate several of her hits and got right back up. In the ship fight in TWS, it takes Natasha longer to drop two guys than it has taken Matt to drop 5 or 6 in some of his fights. And, even then, she is often using gear. So, he has fodder beating feats that are a match for hers.

And, again, objectively speaking, just based on the kinds of hits they can take and get back up, Netflix fodder is tougher than the fodder Natasha fights. Also, at the end of the day, Matt has either held his own, or gotten the better of, Kingpin, Punisher, Nobu, Murakami, Bakuto, Iron Fist and Elektra. The sheer fact that he has been tested against several known skilled opponents, whereas BW has only fought Hawkeye (who was holding back during their 2nd fight), puts this fight in his corner IMO.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Sep 29th, 2017 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:26 AM
tkitna

I think its a really good fight. Give Matt the slight majority due to his damage soak.

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:59 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote