KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thor enters Star Wars Verse

Thor enters Star Wars Verse
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
They've got the fire power to stop him, but like others have said, they've never shown the accuracy to hit something as small or fast as a single human sized target flying at super sonic speeds.

They shoot a lot of lasers though. And SW have some really small craft to hit.

Also SD's come packed with hundreds of Tie fighters which are also pretty fast agile and fly at supersonic speeds.

Still, Thor won't go down easy. Just saying he will he hit.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:51 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Thor will literally be invisible to them. He doesn't give off any heat signatures, and he's too small to hit. You realize they use targeting computers to hit the other ships, not eyeballing it. 2 meters is 6'5 feet. The size of the thermal exhaust port on the Death Star. Luke only hit that otherwise literally impossible target because he used the Force. And that was on a stationary target. Imagine all those non-Force user trying to hit a womprat sized target flying through space at beyond supersonic speeds as Mjolnir has gone from ground level to orbit in 2-3 seconds. A target who they can't use tracking equipment on as he's not a ship. He's a guy in space with a hammer that also doesn't give off a heat signature. Also he can zap lightning all through space. Or just fly through ships willy nilly.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:21 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Thor would be to small to hit with a Tie Fighter how did Anakin kill droids with his ship from Naboo?

Who said he doesn't give off a heat signature and where did you pull that one from?

Also the OP never states he's flying around in Space. I don't know why this divulged into this..

He can't fly planet to planet. No evidence to suggest he can without bifrost at this point.

Last edited by Sable on Sep 30th, 2017 at 09:33 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:27 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
They've got the fire power to stop him, but like others have said, they've never shown the accuracy to hit something as small or fast as a single human sized target flying at super sonic speeds.

Not true. Anakin was dusting droids with a ship from Naboo. They are smaller then Thor. And this is a dumb argument. People in star wars shoot each other with tiny blasters from 30-40ft away.

It's like saying an At-At can't hit foot soldiers cause they are too small? Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:28 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Sable
No evidence to suggest he can without bifrost at this point.

For the moment lets assume that he cant fly in space, and instead, goes from planet to planet via Bifrost raining down chaos on his targets...

That might actually be worse for the empire; they wont be able to use their strongest weapons on him if he's fighting on a planetary surface (or atleast well within a planets atmosphere)...

Although that might allow them to nuke Thor with the Deathstar...

They'd have to sacrifice an entire planet to get him, but I did say earlier that they'd take heavy losses before they brought Thor down...

smile

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:39 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes he can use bifrost to travel for this thread. The idea of this Space Battle isn't provable based on Thor showings.

But people need to remember, Star Destroyers are not just in space. They can be inner atmosphere to.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:46 AM
Darth Thor

But people need to remember, Star Destroyers are not just in space. They can be inner atmosphere to.

Yeah I'm sure we've seen the Pre-Empire ones inside Planetary atmospheres. If not in the movies then definitely in TCW.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 12:31 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Acclimators in Attack of the Clones.

(please log in to view the image)

Venators on Coruscant's surface during Revenge of the Sith.

And Rogue One gives us an ISD1 hovering over a city in atmosphere.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 12:39 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Thor would eventually go down.

With that being said, I would love to see him square off with the emperor, for no other reason than to see the look on Thors face when palpatine tries to shoot him with lightning.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 12:53 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by KingD19
Well a city blew up in his face and he was fine. Bitfrost blew up in his face and he was fine.

But the most important thing you're messing up on is that a Star Destroyer Turbolaser has a hard time locking on to skilled pilots in ships as big as the Millenium Falcon. Even the smallest ship is like 10-15 feet long.

Thor is 6'4, maaaaybe 6'6. And he's flying through space, giving off no heat trails or anything like that. He'd be nearly impossible to even see through a targeting setup, much less lock-on to him. So he's essentially an invisible flying toothpick that can punch holes clean through ships and fly fast enough to reach orbit from ground level in 2-3 seconds.

Not that I remember much of his shitty movies but he never struck me as very maneuverable.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:37 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Not true. Anakin was dusting droids with a ship from Naboo. They are smaller then Thor. And this is a dumb argument. People in star wars shoot each other with tiny blasters from 30-40ft away.

It's like saying an At-At can't hit foot soldiers cause they are too small? Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

I can't comment on Anakin, I don't remember the particular scene you are referencing.

None the less, I don't know what point you're trying to make, you're comparing hand weapons and cavalry type stuff to massive ships that aren't intended to strike against one human sized object. It'd be like trying to shoot a fly with a harrier.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:30 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

And AT-AT walkers were shooting humans.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:37 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah I'm sure we've seen the Pre-Empire ones inside Planetary atmospheres. If not in the movies then definitely in TCW.

And if you read the OP this is pre Empire, what are you saying then? Also TCW, there was Star Destroyers inner atmosphere, I don't know what point you are trying to make.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:38 PM
Darth Thor

And if you read the OP this is pre Empire, what are you saying then? Also TCW, there was Star Destroyers inner atmosphere, I don't know what point you are trying to make.

I don't know what point you're arguing tbh. I'm agreeing with you.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:22 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

It sounded sarcastic, my bad if not.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:38 PM
Darth Thor

Nope, was serious. Was trying to remember the scenes where we've seen that.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:33 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

My apologies

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:44 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Re: Thor enters Star Wars Verse

Thor enters the Star Wars verse and starts ****ing up the Republic before the Empire.

Can he be stopped?

Dumb ****ing thread! laughing laughing Happy Dance Happy Dance

The Empire finds out the planet he is in, and they use the Death Star to destroy it.

Star Wars wins.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:54 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doubtful, he cant leave with the bifrost at any time.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:13 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

*can

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 02:11 AM