KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Bronn of the Blackwater vs. Sandor Clegane the Hound

Bronn vs. the Hound
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bronn 4 30.77%
The Hound 9 69.23%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bronn of the Blackwater vs. Sandor Clegane the Hound
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Close matchup. I see Bronn winning. Sandor is stronger and more seasoned but Bronn is more cunning and very resourceful.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Lol i didnt read properly!

I thought Dark was supporting Sandor.

In your post you made it seem like you thought Bronn would win.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 01:32 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I was supporting Sandor....

Yes sorry. Put Sandor instead if Bronn up there lol.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 02:19 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

OP states fighters are in an arena with standard equipment. Why the hell are people bringing fire and throwing knives in here?

Most GOT fighters have a knife or two hidden in a boot somewhere but I don't think Bronn carries a brace of throwing knives. Throwing away his one or two spare knives is a big risk for him to take, especially when The Hound is heavily armored.

Speaking of armor... Bronn has none. And he can't exactly pull the tactic he did in pushing someone down the hole... not in an arena.

Bottom line is, as impressive as Bronn has looked, he has never really had to fight anyone of decent caliber. Sandor has... multiple times. And for people saying Bronn fights dirty, what, you think Sandor is a saint?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 07:26 PM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by FrothByte
OP states fighters are in an arena with standard equipment. Why the hell are people bringing fire and throwing knives in here?

Most GOT fighters have a knife or two hidden in a boot somewhere but I don't think Bronn carries a brace of throwing knives. Throwing away his one or two spare knives is a big risk for him to take, especially when The Hound is heavily armored.

Speaking of armor... Bronn has none. And he can't exactly pull the tactic he did in pushing someone down the hole... not in an arena.

Bottom line is, as impressive as Bronn has looked, he has never really had to fight anyone of decent caliber. Sandor has... multiple times. And for people saying Bronn fights dirty, what, you think Sandor is a saint?

Standard gear of the character ofcourse!

Bronn's standard gear contains throwing knives. He uses them frequently.

The OP didnt say swords only.

Bronn is faster than Sandor.

Broon fought the Sand Snakes, which is a really impressive feat.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:44 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Sandor wins 8/10 at least. Going on TV feats.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by FrothByte

3 things:

1. Bronn throwing knives is very much in character for him to do. I can recall him doing so on at least two occasions. Whether it would work or not is another matter

2. Bronn didn't push the guy down the hole until after he already killed him. And that particular Knight of the Vale was also heavily armored and Bronn used that to his advantage. He basically ran from the guy and let him tire himself out.

3. Is armor standard equipment for the Hound anymore? He hasn't worn armor since Season 4 when Arya left him to die. Since then he dressed like Shrek

Last edited by juggerman on Sep 29th, 2017 at 04:37 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:34 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by juggerman
Since then he dressed like Shrek

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:46 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Here's the scene in question:

You see Bronn isn't breaking a sweat while Jaime is basically trying his best to keep up. Bronn had Jaime against the ropes when he pulled the hand off. It wasn't a desperation move, it was a teaching moment. That's why he explains the difference between fighting fighting fancy and fighting to win.
Funny, because I still see Jaime putting on a good showing against Bronn despite being overall outclassed. I never indicated Bronn couldn't have won without exploiting his golden hand or that Jaime was winning or even stalemating Bronn, but challenging him, or holding his own? Sure. You could argue that Bronn wasn't giving it his all, but Sandor has better feats against better opponents while he literally was physically or psychologically incapable of holding his own, like against Brienne or Beric.

People give Bronn a lot of credit when, no joke, he has never once defeated anyone notable in a duel. Sandor is one of the greatest warriors in Westeros, by feats and reputation. Bronn just doesn't have the feats or even the accolades to match.

And people should stop bringing up throwing knives. They will do literally nothing to a man in armour, and Sandor's fighting style and preference is wearing heavy armour.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:12 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by NemeBro
Funny, because I still see Jaime putting on a good showing against Bronn despite being overall outclassed. I never indicated Bronn couldn't have won without exploiting his golden hand or that Jaime was winning or even stalemating Bronn, but challenging him, or holding his own? Sure. You could argue that Bronn wasn't giving it his all, but Sandor has better feats against better opponents while he literally was physically or psychologically incapable of holding his own, like against Brienne or Beric.

People give Bronn a lot of credit when, no joke, he has never once defeated anyone notable in a duel. Sandor is one of the greatest warriors in Westeros, by feats and reputation. Bronn just doesn't have the feats or even the accolades to match.

And people should stop bringing up throwing knives. They will do literally nothing to a man in armour, and Sandor's fighting style and preference is wearing heavy armour.

Look at Bronn's face in the clip. He looks bored as shit right up until he rips Jaime's hand off. Jaime is nowhere near challenging Bronn.

And as for Sandor's armor, as stated it seems like "standard gear" for him right now is normal clothing not armor. He hasn't worn armor since Season 4. Even though Arya just got the Cat's Paw Dagger I'd argue it's standard for her now since she hasn't been without it since she got it. Standard is what they normally have. The Hound is normally sans armor now

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:21 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Look at Bronn's face in the clip. He looks bored as shit right up until he rips Jaime's hand off. Jaime is nowhere near challenging Bronn.

And as for Sandor's armor, as stated it seems like "standard gear" for him right now is normal clothing not armor. He hasn't worn armor since Season 4. Even though Arya just got the Cat's Paw Dagger I'd argue it's standard for her now since she hasn't been without it since she got it. Standard is what they normally have. The Hound is normally sans armor now

(please log in to view the image)

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:04 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:07 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well with how armor works. He got his in service of the Lannisters and the Crown. It was essentially destroyed when he got banged up and almost died fighting Brienne. And since then he hasn't had another set made because he hasn't had the money or a patron. It's more he hasn't had an opportunity to get more armor than he chooses not to wear it. Also a huge chunk of his fights are in armor. A lot more than the fights he has out of it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:24 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by KingD19
Well with how armor works. He got his in service of the Lannisters and the Crown. It was essentially destroyed when he got banged up and almost died fighting Brienne. And since then he hasn't had another set made because he hasn't had the money or a patron. It's more he hasn't had an opportunity to get more armor than he chooses not to wear it. Also a huge chunk of his fights are in armor. A lot more than the fights he has out of it.

Ok well if he currently doesn't have something, and hasn't had or used it in 3 years why would we consider it standard?

Consider Arya for a second if you will. In Season 1, Needle would be standard for her. In Season 3 it would not be standard because it was taken from her and she hadn't used it in a good while. It wouldn't matter that she would use it if she could. What matters is it isn't what she normally used at that time.

With all that being said, Sandor has not used armor in a very long time. Perhaps he prefers to fight without it now. Perhaps he just hasn't gotten around to replacing it. Either way I think standard means what he would normally have at the current time

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:50 AM
juggerman

Mayhaps we should ask OP if he wants Sandor in armor or not. That would nip this right away

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:52 AM
Rebel95

Yeah he gets his armor that he wears when he fought Brienne

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:38 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Sandor definitely wins then. As fast as Bronn is, he was adamant that he couldn't afford to make a single mistake against Mountain, and even then he still might lose.

Sandor is a lot faster than his brother, far more skilled, and almost as strong. In fact, Sandor has better strength feats than Gregor. Tearing a head off or pulping a skull is one thing. He cut a human clean in half while wearing full plate armor.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:45 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

3 things:

1. Bronn throwing knives is very much in character for him to do. I can recall him doing so on at least two occasions. Whether it would work or not is another matter

2. Bronn didn't push the guy down the hole until after he already killed him. And that particular Knight of the Vale was also heavily armored and Bronn used that to his advantage. He basically ran from the guy and let him tire himself out.

3. Is armor standard equipment for the Hound anymore? He hasn't worn armor since Season 4 when Arya left him to die. Since then he dressed like Shrek

1. Yes it's very much in character, but I don't recall him having numerous knives. Just one or two. And I don't recall him being successful throwing one at a fully armored opponent... though I might be mistaken in this.

2. Did he kill him before? Guess I'm mixing this up with the book fight, where he defeated his foe by tiring him out then pushing him through the hole. Still, tiring a person in armor out only works if the person is stupid enough to chase after you while wearing armor. It worked for the Knight of the Vale because that knight's pride was on the line and he wanted to make short work of Bronn. If Bronn keeps running away from the Hound, Sandor can just stand still and wait for Bronn to close. That's what any man with a bit of common sense would do if he was wearing heavier armor.

3. The Hound has worn armor in far more battles than he's fought without. That makes it pretty standard IIRC, unless OP specifies otherwise.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 05:05 PM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah Bronn hamstrung the knight, then stabbed him in the side and let him bleed out till he was too weak to fight back. Then he took his shield, sword, stabbed down through his neck, and pushed him out of the Moon Door as he died.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 05:14 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah Bronn hamstrung the knight, then stabbed him in the side and let him bleed out till he was too weak to fight back. Then he took his shield, sword, stabbed down through his neck, and pushed him out of the Moon Door as he died.

Thanks. Guess I really didn't remember it correctly. Still won't change my stance though.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 05:19 PM