KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Bronn of the Blackwater vs. Sandor Clegane the Hound

Bronn vs. the Hound
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bronn 4 30.77%
The Hound 9 69.23%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bronn of the Blackwater vs. Sandor Clegane the Hound
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Thanks. Guess I really didn't remember it correctly. Still won't change my stance though.

Nor should it. The difference between Sandor and the Vale Knight is that Sandor is one of the toughest, most durable, most stamina having bastards in Westeros. He should be dead. No way around it. But he's just fine.

Sandor is also an insanely good fighter who knows how to use tactics and foul play to win. Like when he was teaching Arya about Needle and how it being so slender and tiny wouldn't get through plate armor. Then he kicked her in the chest because he was bigger and stronger and proving a point.

Bronn would be hard pressed to win this fight. And the ones he takes are more luck/f*ck ups on Hound's part.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 05:22 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

May help smile

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 05:27 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

In an honest sword combat Sandor wins.

If Bronn gets his throwing knofes and a sword, then Bronn wins.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 05:54 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
In an honest sword combat Sandor wins.

If Bronn gets his throwing knofes and a sword, then Bronn wins.

Why would throwing knives help Bronn if Sandor gets his armor?

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 05:59 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Why would throwing knives help Bronn if Sandor gets his armor?

A knife in the face won't help?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 01:07 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Bronn gets one throwing knife, a dagger and his sword. The Hound gets his armor and sword.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:03 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Rebel95
Bronn gets one throwing knife, a dagger and his sword. The Hound gets his armor and sword.

Bronn

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:06 AM
juggerman

Originally posted by Rebel95
Yeah he gets his armor that he wears when he fought Brienne

Thanks for clearing that up thumb up

1. Yes it's very much in character, but I don't recall him having numerous knives. Just one or two. And I don't recall him being successful throwing one at a fully armored opponent... though I might be mistaken in this.

2. Did he kill him before? Guess I'm mixing this up with the book fight, where he defeated his foe by tiring him out then pushing him through the hole. Still, tiring a person in armor out only works if the person is stupid enough to chase after you while wearing armor. It worked for the Knight of the Vale because that knight's pride was on the line and he wanted to make short work of Bronn. If Bronn keeps running away from the Hound, Sandor can just stand still and wait for Bronn to close. That's what any man with a bit of common sense would do if he was wearing heavier armor.

3. The Hound has worn armor in far more battles than he's fought without. That makes it pretty standard IIRC, unless OP specifies otherwise.

1. I don't think he has thrown them at armored opponents but I was just stating that he does throw daggers so doing so wouldn't be out of character for him. I thought you were of the opinion that Bronn doesn't toss daggers but I it looks like we both agree he does. My bad. And yeah it's debatable how effective they might be

2. Someone posted the video so no need to dwell on this. I don't think Sandor would get rope-a-doped

3. Yes I know he has but current Sandor doesn't wear armor and hasn't in a min so I personally wouldn't consider it standard at this point. Now OP has stated he wants armor for Sandor so armor it is.

Thanks. Guess I really didn't remember it correctly. Still won't change my stance though.

Understandable. Sandor looks like a dumb brute but he's actually a clever guy. I doubt Bronn would so easily bait him

Originally posted by KingD19
Like when he was teaching Arya about Needle and how it being so slender and tiny wouldn't get through plate armor. Then he kicked her in the chest because he was bigger and stronger and proving a point.

It was a back hand actually stick out tongue

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:57 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Sandor wins

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 02:56 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Inhuman
Sandor wins

I don't think so. Bronn isn't the traditional fighter. Bronn is the foxy fighter.

Sandor is a great swordman but Bronn is too cunning.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 04:13 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I don't think so. Bronn isn't the traditional fighter. Bronn is the foxy fighter.

Sandor is a great swordman but Bronn is too cunning.

Yeah but cunning won't help you much when you're in a straight up fight against a much better fighter. Otherwise nerds would wipe the floor with jocks in straight up fist fights.

Plus Sandor isn't exactly a dumb fighter either.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 04:22 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

The Hound is bigger and much stronger, plus he has superior combat feats. That knight that Bronn beat via trickery in Tyrion's trial by combat would have been cut to pieces by the Hound.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:34 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Bronn did defeat the Vale knight. But he got his ass handed to him by that Dothraki Bloodrider and had to haul ass out of there. Sandor's just got tons more fights and wins. Even his one real loss is extremely circumstantial. Brienne of Tarth would be dead if Hound had been 100% when they fought.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:07 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Yeah but cunning won't help you much when you're in a straight up fight against a much better fighter. Otherwise nerds would wipe the floor with jocks in straight up fist fights.

Plus Sandor isn't exactly a dumb fighter either.

Originally posted by Psychotron
The Hound is bigger and much stronger, plus he has superior combat feats. That knight that Bronn beat via trickery in Tyrion's trial by combat would have been cut to pieces by the Hound.

Originally posted by KingD19
Bronn did defeat the Vale knight. But he got his ass handed to him by that Dothraki Bloodrider and had to haul ass out of there. Sandor's just got tons more fights and wins. Even his one real loss is extremely circumstantial. Brienne of Tarth would be dead if Hound had been 100% when they fought.

Brains beats muscle.

Sandor is a better fighter but Bronn is smarter and faster.

Bronn still has a throwing knife which could stab Sandor's face.

Bronn could handle Sandor. He is intelligent enough.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:22 PM
KingD19

Why do you think Hound is some idiot?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:27 PM
Psychotron

Brains beats muscle.

Sandor is a better fighter but Bronn is smarter and faster.

Bronn still has a throwing knife which could stab Sandor's face.

Bronn could handle Sandor. He is intelligent enough.

The Hound is no less intelligent, he just doesn't need to rely on his wits so much because he can overpower anyone in GoT not named The Mountain.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 07:33 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, if anything, Sandor consistently shows more common sense, intelligence and situational awareness than most GoT characters do. Granted, he does have the odd dunce moment (like throwing rocks at a zombie soldier), but those moments tend to be relatively rare.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 07:38 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

In season 6 , The Hound killed multiple men with just a hand axe, and he wasn't wearing any armor either.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:18 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, if anything, Sandor consistently shows more common sense, intelligence and situational awareness than most GoT characters do. Granted, he does have the odd dunce moment (like throwing rocks at a zombie soldier), but those moments tend to be relatively rare.

Hah. If I was stuck for a whole night just staring at zombies who I knew couldn't get near me, I would have thrown rocks at them way earlier.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:55 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Granted, he does have the odd dunce moment (like throwing rocks at a zombie soldier).

What the plot demands, the plot demands laughing out loud

Anyways, I back Sandor simply cause it's a duel. He's fought his brother briefly, he fought Brienne, he's fought wights, he's fought a tavern full of soldiers, he's fought those clowns in Season 6 that killed Ian McShane and co. He's fought with swords, warhammers, in duels, on battlefields.

With a duel setup like the OP here, Hound all the way.

In a battle or a duel in something like a warehouse with cover, concealment, and objects to use, Bronn.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 06:15 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote