KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who can lift Supermans Key (Half A Million Tons) to the fortress of solitude

Who can lift Supermans Key (Half A Million Tons) to the fortress of solitude
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

He also controlled a planet destroying bullet like nothing and iirc, he was weakened when he did it.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:06 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Only Magneto and Grey Hulk (after a massive amount of anger amping) could do it.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:10 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
So is the objective for them to pick up the key without damaging the underlying ground/foundation, like A/S Superman did here?:
https://i.imgur.com/QW6y7He.jpg
*IOW, they cannot just rip up the entire chunk of earth the key sits on..?

If so, this could be FAR more challenging than I first thought, as the key sits relatively flush with the ground... Anyone ever try to scrape a dime(or something really thin) off a perfectly flat surface, like concrete or tile? It can be a pain in the ass just to get your fingers under the damn thing...and a dime doesn't weigh 500,000 tons.

Not just that, but you'd need the fine motion control to trip the lock. Try doing it with your left hand, it ain't easy..

Doubly so if the lock sticks and you have to jiggle it. evil face

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carver9
He also controlled a planet destroying bullet like nothing and iirc, he was weakened when he did it.

He struggled with that bullet bit yea it is a good feat

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:39 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Originally posted by wuleecat
Has Namor always been in this massive strength band? I mean I knew he was strong, but half a million tons? Really? (I'm not arguing with anyone who says otherwise, I'm just genuinely shocked. I had him down in the Ben Grimm range, or maybe a bit higher. Seems I was waaaaaay off!)

Genuine question - what's the heaviest metallic thing Magneto has ever picked up on-panel
It depends on the writer. On the low end he's written slightly lower than Thing, most of the time he's stronger than thing, during the 60's and on some of his series he was clearly capable of lifting half a million tons. I used his most impressive showing for my answer.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:40 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by cdtm
Not just that, but you'd need the fine motion control to trip the lock. Try doing it with your left hand, it ain't easy..

Doubly so if the lock sticks and you have to jiggle it. evil face

Yeah but Supes strikes me as the kinda guy who'd ensure his holes were lubed, just in case.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 02:48 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*According to the Google, the Burj Khalifa(tallest building on earth) has an estimated empty/dry weight of ~500,000 tons. So for a point of reference, *that* is what the characters in this thread would have to be able to lift, just to have a shot at lifting the key... But they'd have to be FAR stronger still in order to lift/manipulate it in the precise manner required to unlock the door without causing a f*ck-ton of damage.

Originally posted by Magnon
He has lowered Avalon from the orbit into the Earth's atmosphere, and had it float some miles above ground. And that thing is MASSIVE. Not sure if that's the heaviest but it's up there.

There's also this:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...But it occurred in a HoM tie-in, so I'm not sure where it stands in terms of canonicity. /shrug

Originally posted by Sin I AM
He struggled with that bullet bit yea it is a good feat

The most impressive thing about this feat isn't *just* Magneto lifting/moving the bullet. It's that he was able to manipulate it from several lightyears away, and accelerate it to FTL speeds as he brought it back to earth. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 29th, 2017 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:19 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

mags is awesome.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Think alot of you are overthinking how much half a million is just cause it's Superman's key. Which is probably making it sound more impressive.

500,000 tons isn't really anything massive for the majority of these guys who have city lifting feats which should exceed that weight by alot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how...le&ie=UTF-8

Hell Carol Danvers pushed a meteor the size of Manhattan away from Earth
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1223_210451.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1223_210508.png

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:29 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Theres a reason the bigger feats go by names like sextillion or quintillion

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:29 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Magneto and Wonder Woman.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 12:48 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Think alot of you are overthinking how much half a million is just cause it's Superman's key. Which is probably making it sound more impressive.

500,000 tons isn't really anything massive for the majority of these guys who have city lifting feats which should exceed that weight by alot.

This is true. Look at Magneto's golden gate bridge feat, that alone shows more than enough power to lift up this key. You don't need to get anywhere near city lifting and planet killing bullets for him.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

The key doesn't sink into the ground. So it can't be that heavy. The writer didn't use Google. Everyone on the list can lift it.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 08:46 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by TheHulkster
The key doesn't sink into the ground. So it can't be that heavy. The writer didn't use Google. Everyone on the list can lift it.

If only the writer had linked to a quora site where someone asked if a key would sink.

If only the writer made mention of how keys sink.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 08:49 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by TheHulkster
A/S Superman also pressed 200 quintillion tons without the ground beneath him so much as cracking:

...Comic book physics are a fickle b*tch.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 1st, 2017 at 11:24 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

A/S Superman also pressed 200 quintillion tons without the ground beneath him so much as cracking:

...Comic book physics are a fickle b*tch.

Kind of like rictor scale measurements.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:48 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

That means he didn't lift that much weight. Remember, collateral damage speaks for what is happening in a ft. smile

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by carver9
That means he didn't lift that much weight. Remember, collateral damage speaks for what is happening in a ft. smile

Exactly.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:50 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace

A guy who can lift twice his body weight would probably still struggle manipulating a five lb key..

Yeah, cl100's have all sorts of feats waaaaay above 500,000 ton.

Otoh, few, if any, have feats of casually lifting that or more with the ease of lifting a dime. Doesn't matter who it is, there's almost always some degree if visable effort.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:28 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

So is the objective for them to pick up the key without damaging the underlying ground/foundation, like A/S Superman did here?:
https://i.imgur.com/QW6y7He.jpg
*IOW, they cannot just rip up the entire chunk of earth the key sits on..?

If so, this could be FAR more challenging than I first thought, as the key sits relatively flush with the ground... Anyone ever try to scrape a dime(or something really thin) off a perfectly flat surface, like concrete or tile? It can be a pain in the ass just to get your fingers under the damn thing...and a dime doesn't weigh 500,000 tons.

Yeah but these guys can crush boulders with their hands like it was sand. I've always wondered what Superman had in mind when he dropped the key to his front door in front of his door? Come on in, I've got a surprise for ya?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:54 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote