KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Tournament of Power KMC Version DOS

Tournament of Power KMC Version DOS
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (42): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I think the only Superman to have any legs in a tourney was WAY back, and it was All-Star Superman (and Blair doing some shenanigans with DNA power cloning as only he knows how).

stick out tongue

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:50 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Philosophía
thumb up I'm all for this.

Maybe an invisible dome around the planet, so nobody gets out under any means - forced or otherwise.

Nah. I need to uppercut people to Mars.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:51 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Digi
If it remains one post only - no rebuttals at all - I would consider entering.

laughing out loud thumb up

I do think it has something to do with the differences between tourneys and vs. forum battles. So like, Supes v. Thor, I have to side with the boyscout even as a Thor fan. But give me Thor all day in a tourney. More powers, and less weakness exploitation (and there's no need to get into whether those weaknesses truly make him vulnerable...it's enough that some people believe they do). And when the fights become more about the plans and tricks and traps, "Superman can power his way through it" tends to have less importance than in a vs. battle when it comes to judging. Creativity tends to be rewarded, and "I go to 11" isn't seen as creative, even if it's true he has a higher individual ceiling.

I don't use that specific example to troll; it's an example that's been proven true in tourney history. Supes has had zero success while Thor is among the most prolific. I think the only Superman to have any legs in a tourney was WAY back, and it was All-Star Superman (and Blair doing some shenanigans with DNA power cloning as only he knows how). Hell, I'd probably take Majestic before Kal, at least in a team or amalgam tourney. Regardless of how well you argue against k-nite or red sun radiation or magic or whatever, some judge will vote against it.

High herald or lower.

Hey I can mtch him... don't forget I ended up with a whole army of Silver Adaptoids at one point evil face stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:05 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

goober, you should join!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:07 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I don't plan on winning as Godzilla, but with one of the best regens in comics, and the ability to already withstand blackhole level attacks, I get to rage and destroy until I'm put down . Plus I've never done this before so it will be a simple nd fun character to use.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:13 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
goober, you should join!

I considered it but I don't think so. A one post limit would drive me nuts... I can be a little long winded if you haven't noticed lol

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:14 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by darthgoober
I considered it but I don't think so. A one post limit would drive me nuts... I can be a little long winded if you haven't noticed lol

Scared of the challenge of being clear, concise and to the point, I see

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:18 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Scared of the challenge of being clear, concise and to the point, I see

Pretty much. I'm more of a "cat and mouse" debater lol

Besides, tourneys just aren't really my thing anymore. I try not to invest myself that much anymore.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:23 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Smurph with the shaman instead of god cable or Cassie??? I approve. Lol

Last edited by leonidas on Sep 29th, 2017 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 07:30 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Everyone on the battlefield will be hard pressed with the mother of all storms I'll be bringing down with Thor. I'm talking magical lightning strikes, monster tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. I feel bad for cyclops, I really do.

Last edited by Facee on Sep 29th, 2017 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:10 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I change my person. I'm choosing Zoom.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Bwhahaha

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:50 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by leonidas
Smurph with the shaman instead of god cable or Cassie??? I approve. Lol
thumb up Time to go rip off all your tourney ideas!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:56 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Pity the Judge!

Imagine judging a fee for all tourney with 10+ participants, that be a nightmare.

My Artwork

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:10 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Smurph
thumb up Time to go rip off all your tourney ideas!

laughing out loud

he's a beast and one of my faves. betting he forces some changes in picks....

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:23 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I notice you have yet to jump on, leo. Scared your win over me was a....FLASH in the pan?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:27 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

zoom was my first thought tbh, but didn't think he'd be legal. flash was obviously my next choice. best pick in the field so far imo, unless zoom is considered legal. i have a couple guys kicking around. waiting to see if there are rule changes.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:32 PM
DarkSaint85

It's just Hunter, and I reckon he's legal, as long as self BFR is allowed evil face i didn't want to choose him because of that, plus other reasons. Carver can have our sloppy thirds lol.

By self BFR I meant as every time he uses his powers he's in different timeline. Like Nightcralwer technically self BFRs himself every time.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:37 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah that's a draw back.... lol

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 09:55 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Damn it. I am a ****ing clutz.

I had a draft of the damn rules and I erased it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:07 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote