KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Free Speech Hypocrisy Among the Left

Free Speech Hypocrisy Among the Left
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Free Speech Hypocrisy Among the Left

Liberals generally believe the Constitution applies to everyone even people who are not from here or born here even people who want to come here based on "we are a country of immigrants" and any other excuse to give people our rights.

Yet Facebook and Twitter have the right to delete, ban and suspend any account that they think is a Russian troll, exhibiting hate speech(protected under the Constitution)

Twitter just admitted they deleted 200 Twitter accounts they belong to Russians.
So do foreigners only have free speech when they side with the left?

Anyone see a massive double standard here?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 09:30 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Freedom of speech merely guarantees freedom from the government itself stimying speech or locking you up for saying something. Private corporations, on the other hand, have every right to remove speech that they find troubling or unacceptable that is said on their platform. You could make the argument that facebook and twitter doing this is merely them exercising their own freedom of speech.

The accounts that are being deleted are still free to say whatever they want, just not on facebook or twitter.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:02 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Bingo. No double standard here.

iirc, everyone signs a EUL when signing up to Twitter and FB. They both have restrictions on what one can and can not post.

Look at it this way, if FB banned an ISIS recruiter promoting death to infidels, would you be yelling "freedom on speech!" in their defense?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 28th, 2017 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Russian twitters probably didn't make them enough money. Otherwise they'd change the rules to suit them. That is how they do.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Freedom of speech merely guarantees freedom from the government itself stimying speech or locking you up for saying something. Private corporations, on the other hand, have every right to remove speech that they find troubling or unacceptable that is said on their platform. You could make the argument that facebook and twitter doing this is merely them exercising their own freedom of speech.

The accounts that are being deleted are still free to say whatever they want, just not on facebook or twitter.

Dude, I've heard people say that other people can shut down another persons free speech cause it's not the government.

It's a non starter, no one has the right to tell you to shut up and expect you to listen. I can't come over to your house and tell you "shut the fck up" and expect you to listen to me.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:19 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Sable
Dude, I've heard people say that other people can shut down another persons free speech cause it's not the government.

It's a non starter, no one has the right to tell you to shut up. I can't come over to your house and tell you "shut the fck up" and expect you to listen to me.

Well that's not really what's going on here. Free speech isn't being shut down, people are allowed to say whatever they want, just facebook and twitter run a private platform that they allow people to use if you follow certain rules. If someone breaks the rules or does something they don't like, they have a right to not allow them to use their platform anymore.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:22 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Well that's not really what's going on here. Free speech isn't being shut down, people are allowed to say whatever they want, just facebook and twitter run a private platform that they allow people to use if you follow certain rules. If someone breaks the rules or does something they don't like, they have a right to not allow them to use their platform anymore.

So people don't have free speech when it comes to private companies, but they do with the government, and yet somehow people literally think Trump is taking away their first amendment rights based on donuts.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:26 PM
BackFire

So people don't have free speech when it comes to private companies, but they do with the government, and yet somehow people literally think Trump is taking away their first amendment rights based on donuts.

They have free speech when it comes to private corporations in that they can say whatever they want about any corporation they want. But no, no one has the right to use facebook or twitter, that's something that those corporations allow. They can disallow it whenever they like.

Dunno what free speech killing donuts you're talking about.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:31 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Donuts is a term I use for any stupid excuse and or reason given

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:34 PM
BackFire

Donuts is a term I use for any stupid excuse and or reason given

Well now I'm hungry.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:34 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh I know you know where the nearest krispy cream is, I bet you have uber eats deliver it too.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:35 PM
BackFire

I prefer Winchells.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:38 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

"let businesses run themselves"

"...when feels are not hurt"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:42 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

"you think you built that, you didn't build that!"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:43 PM
Raisen

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
"let businesses run themselves"

"...when feels are not hurt"

hey bro. how are you doing

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:43 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where would certain politicians calling certain team owners of certain sports asking them to fire players for exercising free speech in the form of political protests fit in with the 1st ammendment and government not interfering with free speech?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:47 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
Where would certain politicians calling certain team owners of certain sports asking them to fire players for exercising free speech in the form of political protests fit in with the 1st ammendment and government not interfering with free speech?

Hey look buddy, this is a common sense free zone. Take that shit elsewhere.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:49 PM
Raisen

what's up. I get shoulder surgery and disappear and my boy t.i. doesn't remember me.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:50 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Lolz. /killed it

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Where would certain politicians calling certain team owners of certain sports asking them to fire players for exercising free speech in the form of political protests fit in with the 1st amendment and government not interfering with free speech?

As they're not forcing the owners to fire the protesters, they are just exercising their free speech.

BTW. No, I don't think the players should be fired.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:57 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote