KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Free Speech Hypocrisy Among the Left

Free Speech Hypocrisy Among the Left
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
As they're not forcing the owners to fire the protesters, they are just exercising their free speech.

BTW. No, I don't think the players should be fired.

Should politicians be putting pressure on teams to do so?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:06 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by jaden101

What pressure?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:15 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

What pressure?

What I already said. Calling team owners and asking them to fire players.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:22 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

What I already said. Calling team owners and asking them to fire players.

All the owners have to do is say "no".

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:25 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

All the owners have to do is say "no".

That's not what I'm asking though.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:04 AM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Don't get caught in the time-waster-troll trap

Bide, lit me pit it in words ye can understand: "Dornt gie caught in th' time-waster-troll trap."

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:07 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Don't they always?

And no. Politicians should absolutely not pressure businesses to act in a way they normally wouldn't if not for political pressure. (It also is fair to ask, what kind of pressure is Trump really bringing, outside of angry tweets..)

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:22 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by BackFire
I prefer Winchells.

Winchell's > Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts

God damn, I miss L.A. sad

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:03 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

That's not what I'm asking though.

Saying I think you should fire these people is not putting pressure on the owners. Putting pressure on them would be saying "either fire these people or I'll do______".

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:11 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Don't get caught in the time-waster-troll trap

Bide, lit me pit it in words ye can understand: "Dornt gie caught in th' time-waster-troll trap."

Rob its pretty unfair you keep calling SM a troll, when he's one of the the top debaters in the MVF and you two always got along before politics was involved. Quan comes in here and trolls the fck out of Surtur and you don't say anything about it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:20 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Unavoidable

Oh the irony. Now I'm officially involved. Let's continue this then. I'm definitely game.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:24 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

laughing Sable knows not what she's done..

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 01:27 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
12" Member

Freedom of speech merely guarantees freedom from the government itself stimying speech or locking you up for saying something. Private corporations, on the other hand, have every right to remove speech that they find troubling or unacceptable that is said on their platform. You could make the argument that facebook and twitter doing this is merely them exercising their own freedom of speech.

The accounts that are being deleted are still free to say whatever they want, just not on facebook or twitter.

/end thread

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 04:13 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Freedom of speech merely guarantees freedom from the government itself stimying speech or locking you up for saying something. Private corporations, on the other hand, have every right to remove speech that they find troubling or unacceptable that is said on their platform. You could make the argument that facebook and twitter doing this is merely them exercising their own freedom of speech.

The accounts that are being deleted are still free to say whatever they want, just not on facebook or twitter.

thumb up

Yup, that's how free speech works in the US.

Anytime someone is being "oppressed" and they yell "Freedom of Speech!", it's almost never correct to claim that their freedom of speech is being oppressed.

There is a term for the type where people think they should be able to say whatever they want in any setting. It's not *sshole...I think the label was called "unlimited speech"? Basically, they want to be able to even say things at work and not have to be worried about being terminated. Our constitution, as you pointed out, protects political speech, not unlimited speech.

You can be naked if you are protesting the government. You can't be naked to be naked. For example. This one went to the Supreme Court.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:50 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Pretty much. Free expression on your own time, on the job or someone elses forum you conform to the rules or take a hike.

Can't yell "fire" for the lulz. And lets not forget about "fighting words", which I'm certain is something the lawyers and courts made up on the spot to protect a sherrif who was being insulted and beat a guy down over it. Yeah, I'm sure a private citizen would have enjoyed the same defense roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 12:56 PM