KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know

9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Of course. You can't condemn an entire race for what a select few did, but you should punish the select few regardless.

They few that did are dead, what else do you want retard?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 01:50 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I agree. If there is a person or persons living today that own slaves. They need to be punished.

We need to just dig up the bones of all the slave owners and salt and burn them. It's the only way to be sure.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 02:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
wow so if you cherry pick a self-hating black person it kinda cancels out social injustice. please stop making these stupid threads.

Why does it have to be a "self hating black man"? Do blacks not normally oppress other blacks?

White people opprees other white people all the time. Is a white who oppresses a white a "self hating white?"

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 03:52 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Why does it have to be a "self hating black man"? Do blacks not normally oppress other blacks?

White people opprees other white people all the time. Is a white who oppresses a white a "self hating white?"

A self hating black person:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 04:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by MythLord
That's usually because people give focus primarily to this with regards to the topic of slavery on both the Left and the Right, which I find unfortunate. This thread was created with the intention to prove #NotAllWhites which anyone who isn't an extremist leftist/SJW already knows.

Like I said, if you all want to complain about other slave owners and how awful they are, go ahead and make a thread about it.

The beauty of the left vs right narrative, is it essentially pits victims against victims.

By that, I mean poor black people against poor white people.

Notice the white liberals are rarely attacked here. It's always poor white conservatives..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 04:06 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I agree. If there is a person or persons living today that own slaves. They need to be punished.

Boko Harem
The middle eastern super power

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 04:55 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Surtur
Yes, less than 150 years ago that happened. And now currently blacks are 13% of the population and responsible for over 50% of the murders, per FBI statistics.

What does any of that have to do with the topic of slavery? Because black people have a higher chance of being conviced (Not committing, because let's be honest, in the U.S being a POC is a crime in itself in some places. Look at Missouri) with a violent crime...this somehow justifies slavery...or? Like what exactly is your point aside from chiming in with a statistic?

If you want to discuss the criminal and socio-economic effects of slavery on the black population, that is fine but that is a separate discussion and your post is rather accusatory. Almost like "blacks" = bad. Nor does it account for the fact that a POC is far more likely to be unjustly harassed by the police, have harsher penalties, more unlikely to find a secure job, and come for lower economic areas. There other more in depth statistics that try to adjust for this and shows that it's hardly as clear cut.

As late as the 1970's POC had a travel guide for the states circulating that told them where it was safe to eat, sleep, travel to etc. My mother was in elementary school at the time. That's insanely recent. The effects of that type of mentality will be felt for at least another century. And rightfully so. It's as if you think once Lincoln emancipated the slaves, everything became better or something...

Here's a literacy test given to potential black voters as late as the 1960s:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vaul..._louisiana.html

This is a local government blatantly trying to prevent people from exercising their fundamental right to vote. Your ass would fail that, anyone would. That was their definition of Grade 5 level comprehension. Shit was rough, I can go on for days, forget the public/private sector. I'd be here for weeks for every decade. We've had the Television for longer than people openly treated POC like they were less than a white person.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Oct 1st, 2017 at 11:06 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:03 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

....Did Rage just claim that Black s are more likely to own slaves then any other peoples?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2017 11:23 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Sable
They few that did are dead, what else do you want retard?

I want people to learn from the mistakes of the racist bigots of the past and make a better future. thumb up

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:21 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Learn from the past? Yeah that don't happen no more.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:27 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Unfortunately.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:48 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What does any of that have to do with the topic of slavery? Because black people have a higher chance of being conviced (Not committing, because let's be honest, in the U.S being a POC is a crime in itself in some places. Look at Missouri) with a violent crime...this somehow justifies slavery...or? Like what exactly is your point aside from chiming in with a statistic?

Who said it justifies slavery? Stop being silly. The actual point was people who didn't suffer from being enslaved should stop whining about shit that happened over a century ago and focus more on current issues facing the community(and hint: the biggest issue isn't police brutality)

quote:
If you want to discuss the criminal and socio-economic effects of slavery on the black population, that is fine but that is a separate discussion and your post is rather accusatory. Almost like "blacks" = bad. Nor does it account for the fact that a POC is far more likely to be unjustly harassed by the police, have harsher penalties, more unlikely to find a secure job, and come for lower economic areas. There other more in depth statistics that try to adjust for this and shows that it's hardly as clear cut.

It doesn't shock me that a group that commits more murder than any other group would die at the hands of cops more or be harassed by cops more.

Just like it doesn't shock me more of them are in jail for drug crimes even though whites use drugs at comparable rates: high crime neighborhoods get policed more.

quote:
As late as the 1970's POC had a travel guide for the states circulating that told them where it was safe to eat, sleep, travel to etc. My mother was in elementary school at the time. That's insanely recent. The effects of that type of mentality will be felt for at least another century. And rightfully so. It's as if you think once Lincoln emancipated the slaves, everything became better or something...

Here's a literacy test given to potential black voters as late as the 1960s:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vaul..._louisiana.html

This is a local government blatantly trying to prevent people from exercising their fundamental right to vote. Your ass would fail that, anyone would. That was their definition of Grade 5 level comprehension. Shit was rough, I can go on for days, forget the public/private sector. I'd be here for weeks for every decade. We've had the Television for longer than people openly treated POC like they were less than a white person.

And nobody said shit wasn't rough in the past. The rampant crime rate isn't excused by that though.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 12:37 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 12:33 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

A self hating black person:

(please log in to view the image)

LMFAO

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:45 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Who said that Mr strawman?

Excellent use of the strawman label, gooooood sir!

Edit - Michelle Obama photos with Dr. Seuss books...I lol'd. big grin

Last edited by dadudemon on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 01:13 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 01:04 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Excellent use of the strawman label, gooooood sir!

Edit - Michelle Obama photos with Dr. Seuss books...I lol'd. big grin

Glad you liked them!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 04:17 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Who doesn't want me to know this? I thought it was pretty common knowledge these days that there were some black slave owners in antebellum America.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 06:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Who said it justifies slavery? Stop being silly. The actual point was people who didn't suffer from being enslaved should stop whining about shit that happened over a century ago and focus more on current issues facing the community(and hint: the biggest issue isn't police brutality)

It doesn't shock me that a group that commits more murder than any other group would die at the hands of cops more or be harassed by cops more.

Just like it doesn't shock me more of them are in jail for drug crimes even though whites use drugs at comparable rates: high crime neighborhoods get policed more.

And nobody said shit wasn't rough in the past. The rampant crime rate isn't excused by that though.

Excuse me? So because they weren't enslaved themselves, that means they cannot recognize the negative impacts the institutions established at a time when POC = animals can negatively impact them? You don't have much understanding of culture or how living conditions affect people into further generations eh? I hope you don't think reading and education is liberal nonsense: head down to your local community college and take a few anthropology and sociology courses.

It doesn't shock you that a group far more likely to be persecuted, policed, not be treated fairly and framed are more likely to be part of police statistics?

Here's a snapshot of what a little bit of job insecurity cause in the 1920s?

quote:
While in New Orleans on a lecture tour, black leader Marcus Garvey became aware that Louisiana farmers and the Board of Trade were worried about losing their labor force, and had requested East St. Louis Mayor Mollman's assistance during his New Orleans visit that same week to help discourage black migration.[4]

With many blacks finding work at the Aluminum Ore Company and the American Steel Company in East St. Louis, some whites feared job and wage insecurity due to this new competition; they further resented newcomers arriving from a rural and very different culture. In Spring 1917, the mostly white workers of the Aluminum Ore Company voted for a labor strike and the Company recruited hundreds of black workers to replace them.[6] Tensions between the groups escalated, including rumors of black men and white women fraternizing at a labor meeting on May 28.[7][8]

Following the May 28 meeting, some 3,000 white men marched into downtown East St. Louis and began attacking African Americans. With mobs destroying buildings and beating people, the governor of Illinois called in the National Guard to prevent further rioting. Although rumors circulated about organized retribution attacks from blacks,[7] conditions eased somewhat for a few weeks.

Following the May disorders, the East St. Louis Central Labor Council requested an investigation by the State Council of Defense in which they complained that "southern negroes were misled by false advertisements and unscrupulous employment agents to come to East St. Louis in such numbers under false pretenses of secure jobs and decent living quarters".[9] The tensions between black workers and white workers quickly formed again as no solutions to their economic challenges were agreed upon.

On July 2, a car occupied by white males drove through a black area of the city and fired several shots into a standing group. An hour later, a car containing four people, including a journalist and two police officers (Detective Sergeant Samuel Coppedge and Detective Frank Wadley) were passing through the same area. Black residents, possibly assuming they were the original suspects, opened fire on their car, killing one officer instantly and mortally wounding another.[7][10] Later that day, thousands of white spectators who assembled to view the detectives' bloodstained automobile marched into the black section of town and started rioting.[11] After cutting the water hoses of the fire department, the rioters burned entire sections of the city and shot inhabitants as they escaped the flames.[7] Claiming that "Southern negros deserve[d] a genuine lynching,"[12] they lynched several blacks. Guardsmen were called in but accounts exist that they joined in the rioting rather than stopping it.[13][14] More joined in, including allegedly "ten or fifteen young girls about 18 years old, [who] chased a negro woman at the Relay Depot at about 5 o'clock. The girls were brandishing clubs and calling upon the men to kill the woman."[7][15] After the riots, the St. Louis Argus said, "The entire country has been aroused to a sense of shame and pity by the magnitude of the national disgrace enacted by the blood-thirsty rioters in East St. Louis Monday, July 2."[16]

Police response Edit
According to the Post-Dispatch of St. Louis, "All the impartial witnesses agree that the police were either indifferent or encouraged the barbarities, and that the major part of the National Guard was indifferent or inactive. No organized effort was made to protect the Negroes or disperse the murdering groups. The lack of frenzy and of a large infuriated mob made the task easy. Ten determined officers could have prevented most of the outrages. One hundred men acting with authority and vigor might have prevented any outrage."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_St._Louis_riots

They make BLM riots look like peace keepers. Now imagine two centuries of such instability and insecurity imposed on a culture.

My points are:
Black = Slaves because they were less than human
Slavery = benefited mostly white Scandanivians and the scary truth is that many of them did not want that benefit to eat
Slavery and racism = is still having huge negative repercussions on POC

Take a look at the Native Americans on reservations in the United States and Canada. Terrible conditions, some worse than third world countries with huge amounts of violence, crime and drug abuse. It's not rocket science, you can't decimate a people, tell them they're inferior and are less than human for a few hundred years and then expect recovery in less than 100 years because of somehalf-assed reperations were signed.

But lest we forget, there were black slave owners and that somehow changes something.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 06:46 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 06:41 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Racism was created by the Left.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 06:42 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Excuse me? So because they weren't enslaved themselves, that means they cannot recognize the negative impacts the institutions established at a time when POC = animals can negatively impact them? You don't have much understanding of culture or how living conditions affect people into further generations eh? I hope you don't think reading and education is liberal nonsense: head down to your local community college and take a few anthropology and sociology courses.

It doesn't shock you that a group far more likely to be persecuted, policed, not be treated fairly and framed are more likely to be part of police statistics?

Here's a snapshot of what a little bit of job insecurity cause in the 1920s?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_St._Louis_riots

They make BLM riots look like peace keepers. Now imagine two centuries of such instability and insecurity imposed on a culture.

My points are:
Black = Slaves because they were less than human
Slavery = benefited mostly white Scandanivians and the scary truth is that many of them did not want that benefit to eat
Slavery and racism = is still having huge negative repercussions on POC

Take a look at the Native Americans on reservations in the United States and Canada. Terrible conditions, some worse than third world countries with huge amounts of violence, crime and drug abuse. It's not rocket science, you can't decimate a people, tell them they're inferior and are less than human for a few hundred years and then expect recovery in less than 100 years because of somehalf-assed reperations were signed.

But lest we forget, there were black slave owners and that somehow changes something.

You do realize the north was primarily republicans and the south was southern democrats?

"The national union party was used as a temporary name for the Republican Party. Many Northern Democrats who opposed slavery joined a new party, the Republican Party which was forming around the cause for abolition.

Southern Democrats, however, supported slavery and threatened to leave the Union.

Although the Confederate States did not establish political parties, the Congress was still dominated by former Democrats politicians."

Democrats have always been the party of slavery and the KKK, and no amount of revisionist history, Al Shaprton, Jesse Jackson or Barack Obama will change it.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 06:53 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

You do realize the north was primarily republicans and the south was southern democrats?

"The national union party was used as a temporary name for the Republican Party. Many Northern Democrats who opposed slavery joined a new party, the Republican Party which was forming around the cause for abolition.

Southern Democrats, however, supported slavery and threatened to leave the Union.

Although the Confederate States did not establish political parties, the Congress was still dominated by former Democrats politicians."

Democrats have always been the party of slavery and the KKK, and no amount of revisionist history, Al Shaprton, Jesse Jackson or Barack Obama will change it.

What the hell does the political history of the democrats and the republicans have to do with this thread or my post?

Are you posting in regards to my comment about liberals and education? Seriously, that's what you chose to focus on from my post? I was clearly referencing the new modern commentary about liberals/education.

The two major political parties of the United States have changed significantly from 100 years ago with the pendulum swinging back and forth: Abraham Lincoln was the first republican President of the United States. No one has ever said that all Republicans going back to the beginning of the country are bad and terrible racist slave owners or whatever strawman I foresee you defending.

Ftr: I haven't fact checked anything Sable said for those reading so don't assume me not contradicting anything is me agreeing with his points or considering them to be factual.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 07:35 PM