KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who has punched Supermans the hardest?

Who has punched Supermans the hardest?
Started by: Mendax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Morde stick out tongue

No actually he didn't, the fight was really great. Reread it.
no, it was pretty one sided. Hell, Lois thought Ali was going to kill him and was begging for the ref to stop the fight.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:23 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Paid, not payed.

And your hero got raped, it just took more BLOWS than usual wink
A human boxer beat the snot out of Superman. This is beyond pathetic.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:29 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by deathslash
no, it was pretty one sided. Hell, Lois thought Ali was going to kill him and was begging for the ref to stop the fight.

Did anyone of you even read the comic?

Superman was supposed to fight by boxing rules, without his powers (though the aliens though he has them), and he stood his ground against the greatest boxer of all time, without any formal training. Imagine any strongman surviving something like this against the best boxer there is and you would be impressed.

On top of this, the fight was also very political in a political era. They explain how hard it was to make this comic happen with all the "race" wars during this time.

But why am i even trying...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:41 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He got his ass beat by a boxer. He wasn't even an undefeated boxer and Superman looked like Rocky post fight.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:42 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Black Adam

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:45 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Superman was supposed to fight by boxing rules, without his powers (though the aliens though he has them), and he stood his ground against the greatest boxer of all time, without any formal training. Imagine any strongman surviving something like this against the best boxer there is and you would be impressed.

On top of this, the fight was also very political in a political era. They explain how hard it was to make this comic happen with all the "race" wars during this time.

Been awhile since I read the comic (its 5 feet away from me right now, but don't feel like dragging it out), but wasn't Superman actually the janitor or somebody that dressed up like him? I seriously cant remember its been so long.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 11:29 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

yes, i have read the comic.

Yeah, superman had trained with the knowledge that he wouldn't have his powers in the fight. If by "stood his ground" you mean that he got beat like a bongo while the woman that he loved shouted at the ref to end the fight and the fight itself ended in Ali walking away because Clark couldn't do anything other than block his punches with his face then yes, he did stand his ground. Also, superman isn't just some strong man. He has far more experience in do-or-die situations than Ali did and still got bodied so hard that his opponent quit after unleashing the sort of combo that you'd expect to see in a street fighter game.

Race doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Clark had to be carried away on a stretcher. Still was an awesome comic though.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:43 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by deathslash
yes, i have read the comic.

Yeah, superman had trained with the knowledge that he wouldn't have his powers in the fight. If by "stood his ground" you mean that he got beat like a bongo while the woman that he loved shouted at the ref to end the fight and the fight itself ended in Ali walking away because Clark couldn't do anything other than block his punches with his face then yes, he did stand his ground. Also, superman isn't just some strong man. He has far more experience in do-or-die situations than Ali did and still got bodied so hard that his opponent quit after unleashing the sort of combo that you'd expect to see in a street fighter game.

Race doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Clark had to be carried away on a stretcher. Still was an awesome comic though.

Race wars had to do a lot with the concept of the comic. I have a newer re-release of it with an interview with the creators and they for example were not allowed to let Ali lose to a white man. An interesting read btw.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:18 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Race wars had to do a lot with the concept of the comic. I have a newer re-release of it with an interview with the creators and they for example were not allowed to let Ali lose to a white man. An interesting read btw.
Quit with the excuses. Ali crushed him.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:52 AM
WolverineX25
Weapon X

Zod, Wonder Woman, or Darksied...even though I still think Doomsday has hit him the hardest, but I'll drop it lol stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:25 AM
WolverineX25 is currently offline Click here to Send WolverineX25 a Private Message Find more posts by WolverineX25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote