KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Order these fictional metals by durability

Order these fictional metals by durability
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 01:45 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Exactly. And Impediment himself has said as much before, as seen with the tectonic plate thing I already mentioned. Unsupported statements or offscreen showings hold virtually no weight in these debates, as we lack the proper context within which to quantify them.

But just look at the Cap slugfest thread. I post feats or examples for every claim I actually make, and ask him to back his claims in return and provide evidence to counter what I posted. But instead of debating properly, he tries to strawman me and make things up that I never said, while spouting his opinion as fact. He's a lot like H1 in that regard.

Edit: Also, actually, what's more, using a character statement like Stryker's in a debate where things from separate universes are being compared is nonsensical. Because, in order for his statement to actually be factual, he would need to have intimate knowledge of both universes, everything in them, and what effect all of the different materials etc. would have against adamantium. Which he doesn't. Because the MCU is a completely difference universe to the one he exists in.

So I suppose the same goes for Cap's bulldozer from AOS I suppose?
Now that reminds me, there was this episode where Quake was losing control of her powers so was kept in a vibranium vault. And there was this fist imprint on the wall apparently courtesy of Hulk. Some guys at Vine went crazy then

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 01:58 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Now that reminds me, there was this episode where Quake was losing control of her powers so was kept in a vibranium vault. And there was this fist imprint on the wall apparently courtesy of Hulk. Some guys at Vine went crazy then
'

No. It is valid. (Cap's Bulldozer).

Impediment himself said that Movie Statements are a viable argument.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 02:10 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

As you never posted the exact wording of your question, IMP's answer doesn't prove anything.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 02:19 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
As you never posted the exact wording of your question, IMP's answer doesn't prove anything.

(please log in to view the image)

It's clear you have lost this debate Silent. Just admit it once and for all.

Movie statements are valid, as you can see above.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 07:57 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

IOW, I was right and you worded the questions in order to get the answer you want and thus IMP's statement is worthless.

Because what you are actually arguing is that those statements overrule actual feats, which isn't true.

We have provided actual feats for vibranium's durability, so until you do the same for adamantium. you lose.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 09:01 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

IOW, I was right and you worded the questions in order to get the answer you want and thus IMP's statement is worthless.

Because what you are actually arguing is that those statements overrule actual feats, which isn't true.

We have provided actual feats for vibranium's durability, so until you do the same for adamantium. you lose.

Your are just delirating now.

The question was simple. Are statements valid? He said yes.

Period.

I even gave him Howards and Starks words. He said he ruled in favor.

Until now you are the only one tasting mudd Silent.

Until you can prove that movie statements dont count then you will keep tasting mudd.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 11:38 PM
Silent Master

No, the main question was whether or not statements trumped feats. you were massively dishonest in how you worded the question. just like I predicted you'd be. but even with you being dishonest. You know what Imp's statement doesn't say, it doesn't say that statements trump feats. therefore feats >>>>>>>>> statements.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 11:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

@Josh_Alexander While Silent Master is an obvious time-waster-troll and is best ignored, we go with movie feats only and vibranium due to its ability to absorb and/or deflect energy should be stronger than [film] adamantium.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 11:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

No, the main question was whether or not statements trumped feats. you were massively dishonest in how you worded the question. just like I predicted you'd be. but even with you being dishonest. You know what Imp's statement doesn't say, it doesn't say that statements trump feats. therefore feats >>>>>>>>> statements.

You are clearly trolling now.

In instance did I asked Impediment if Statements can rebuke Feats. That's a lie.

I've won this. As per Forum Rules, i can use Statements. Which proves my points.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 02:23 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
@Josh_Alexander While Silent Master is an obvious time-waster-troll and is best ignored, we go with movie feats only and vibranium due to its ability to absorb and/or deflect energy should be stronger than [film] adamantium.

He is, but i wanted to make it clear that i was never trolling nor that i was being unreasonable.

I asked Impediment myself as you can see above. He said that Statements are valid for debating.

The fact that it absorbs/deflects energy doesn't make it stronger. It just makes it more energy resistant. (Which i agree to).

But when we talk Generaly, Adamantium is stronger.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 02:26 AM
Silent Master

Imp didn't say that statements trump feats, therefore you have to post a feat that is better than withstanding a charged Mjlonir strike.

Edit:Especially when the statements and feats come from different universes.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 02:29 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Robtard
we go with movie feats only and vibranium due to its ability to absorb and/or deflect energy should be stronger than [film] adamantium.

This. Even if we allow character statements, they have never trumped visible screen feats. Otherwise, people would be using MCU Thanos in a bunch of threads, and throwing the "most powerful being in the universe" line around as an argument.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 03:06 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

We never got a clear ruling on that. And I personally have an issue with that specific showing because it's a clear outlier that throws multiple other feats out of wack. Because if Cap could pull off the bulldozer feat even quicker than Deathlok, he should have casually breezed through all his other strength feats, including the ones where we visibly see him strain to achieve them. What's more, it throws out the supposed strength of Bucky's metal arm, considering it can overpower Steve, yet when we see it damage the environment, it doesn't do anywhere near the damage an arm that can outmuscle a guy who casually pushes around 40+ ton bulldozers for fun should.

ComcVine can go full-retard on feats. I remember some posters trying to use CW Flash's wedding letter delivery feat to claim that he is faster than Fox Quicksilver.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 04:46 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
He is, but i wanted to make it clear that i was never trolling nor that i was being unreasonable.

I asked Impediment myself as you can see above. He said that Statements are valid for debating.

The fact that it absorbs/deflects energy doesn't make it stronger. It just makes it more energy resistant. (Which i agree to).

But when we talk Generaly, Adamantium is stronger.

Trying to separate Vibranium's ability of absorbing/deflecting energy and its durability is faulty. That very trait is what makes it durable, it's intrinsic and therefore shouldn't be set aside in this comparison.

Statement's certainly are valid; though you have to take into account the context and who is making the statement. But it cases where we have a statement and a visual showing that oppose each other, we go with the visual. eg If some character claimed Hulk can only jump 1mile and then we have a visual of Hulk jumping 3miles, we go with visual.

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 11th, 2017 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 04:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This. Even if we allow character statements, they have never trumped visible screen feats. Otherwise, people would be using MCU Thanos in a bunch of threads, and throwing the "most powerful being in the universe" line around as an argument.

Yep.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 04:40 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Imp didn't say that statements trump feats, therefore you have to post a feat that is better than withstanding a charged Mjlonir strike.

Edit:Especially when the statements and feats come from different universes.

Please highlight where in my message to IMP did i asked him if statements trumpcard feats?

It's clear you are being a troll SilentMaster

We never got a clear ruling on that. And I personally have an issue with that specific showing because it's a clear outlier that throws multiple other feats out of wack. Because if Cap could pull off the bulldozer feat even quicker than Deathlok, he should have casually breezed through all his other strength feats, including the ones where we visibly see him strain to achieve them. What's more, it throws out the supposed strength of Bucky's metal arm, considering it can overpower Steve, yet when we see it damage the environment, it doesn't do anywhere near the damage an arm that can outmuscle a guy who casually pushes around 40+ ton bulldozers for fun should.

ComcVine can go full-retard on feats. I remember some posters trying to use CW Flash's wedding letter delivery feat to claim that he is faster than Fox Quicksilver.

Impediment has clearly stated that Movie Statements are valid for debating.

No one has said that they trumpcard movie feats. Should i expect you to come trolling like SilentMaster is?

In this case we have 2 scientists describing the two metals (Don't see why that isn't a viable statement). Furthermore, no screen feat trumpcards the statements by Stryker and Stark, so in that aspect, as long as the feats don't contradict the statements, they are valid.

Even further, why should a movie contradict it's own statements? It is stupid.

And by the way, why shoudn't Thanos be the most powerful being in the universe? What evidence is there to contradict the statements.

Furthermore, in a VS forum, that statement is invalid. Since Thanos is considered the "most powerful being in the universe" in the MCU. Whenever a VS match is created such a statement would become invalid, since it wouldn't apply for other universes.

However it doesn't mean that statements shouldn't be considered in other threads. Threads such as this.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 05:28 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Impediment has clearly stated that Movie Statements are valid for debating.

No one has said that they trumpcard movie feats. Should i expect you to come trolling like SilentMaster is?

In this case we have 2 scientists describing the two metals (Don't see why that isn't a viable statement). Furthermore, no screen feat trumpcards the statements by Stryker and Stark, so in that aspect, as long as the feats don't contradict the statements, they are valid.

Even further, why should a movie contradict it's own statements? It is stupid.

And by the way, why shoudn't Thanos be the most powerful being in the universe? What evidence is there to contradict the statements.

Furthermore, in a VS forum, that statement is invalid. Since Thanos is considered the "most powerful being in the universe" in the MCU. Whenever a VS match is created such a statement would become invalid, since it wouldn't apply for other universes.

However it doesn't mean that statements shouldn't be considered in other threads. Threads such as this.

A. Neither of those posts were even directed at you. One was to Rob, the other to HulkIsHulk, with regards to a question that has nothing to do with you, but which has actually been discussed in multiple other threads previously. Well, that, and pointing out a bit of Comic Vine silliness.

B. You were doing exactly that. Using the "virtually indestructible" claim as an argument instead of just posting actual screen feats. And here is the issue with the statement. Stryker can only make judgments and statements based on his own limited, singular perspective of his own universe. He cannot possibly know what would happen if Fox adamantium interacted, for example, with an infinity stone, because they do not exist within his own universe. That is why a statement like his can only ever hold a limited level of weight within a debate, and why it is better to compare direct screen feats instead.

And, again, the post was not directed at you.

C. Maybe Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe in the MCU. But that statement means nothing in a versus match if it does not actually show us how exactly he is most powerful. Is he a master manipulator? Is he some high level psionic? Is he immensely strong and durable physically? All of the above? Etc. That statement alone does not tell you how he operates, so how is it going to tell you whether he could or could not do something, counter something etc. in a versus match? If he had feats, the statement would actually hold more weight, as you could then at least powerscale him compared to other high end MCU characters.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 11th, 2017 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 05:54 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

A. Neither of those posts were even directed at you. One was to Rob, the other to HulkIsHulk, with regards to a question that has nothing to do with you, but which has actually been discussed in multiple other threads previously. Well, that, and pointing out a bit of Comic Vine silliness.

B. You were doing exactly that. Using the "virtually indestructible" claim as an argument instead of just posting actual screen feats. And here is the issue with the statement. Stryker can only make judgments and statements based on his own limited, singular perspective of his own universe. He cannot possibly know what would happen if Fox adamantium interacted, for example, with an infinity stone, because they do not exist within his own universe. That is why a statement like his can only ever hold a limited level of weight within a debate, and why it is better to compare direct screen feats instead.

And, again, the post was not directed at you.

C. Maybe Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe in the MCU. But that statement means nothing in a versus match if it does not actually show us how exactly he is most powerful. Is he a master manipulator? Is he some high level psionic? Is he immensely strong and durable physically? All of the above? Etc. That statement alone does not tell you how he operates, so how is it going to tell you whether he could or could not do something, counter something etc. in a versus match? If he had feats, the statement would actually hold more weight, as you could then at least powerscale him compared to other high end MCU characters.

A. A post doesnt have to be directed to me in order for me to respond.

B. In the same logic, you cant claim that an infinity stone will be able to break Adamantium, since it is virtually undestructible. Vibranium isnt labeled as undestructible, so Vibranium loses according to statements.

C. In this case the statements are valid. Since both companies describe their metals. In such description Adamantium takes the lead. Should MCU had never described Vibranium, then Adamantium description wouldnt be valid since there cant be a comparisson.

We have a comparisson here, statements are valid.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 06:29 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

A. A post doesnt have to be directed to me in order for me to respond.

Well, then don't come and start throwing the word "trolling" around when I am not even talking to you.

B. In the same logic, you cant claim that an infinity stone will be able to break Adamantium, since it is virtually undestructible. Vibranium isnt labeled as undestructible, so Vibranium loses according to statements.

C. In this case the statements are valid. Since both companies describe their metals. In such description Adamantium takes the lead. Should MCU had never described Vibranium, then Adamantium description wouldnt be valid since there cant be a comparisson.

We have a comparisson here, statements are valid.

And the vast majority of people here would not claim that an infinity stone would destroy adamantium, unless they felt that it had screen feats showing it destroying something they think has better screen durability feats than adamantium. Because that's how people debate here. It was just meant to serve as one example of a thing adamantium has not been tested against by Stryker, therefore Stryker cannot know whether adamantium would be invulnerable when confronted by it.

Seriously, if you don't get it after this explanation, you just won't.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 07:19 PM