KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Order these fictional metals by durability

Order these fictional metals by durability
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 16 17 [18]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
No.

Statements that aren't contradicted by feats are viable.

Period.

I've already proven to you that no statement can claim either metal over the other.

You've failed. d

Feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> statements.

You have provided no feats that match or exceed those posted for Vibranium.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:35 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Inhuman
1. Okay this is easy. I'm saying adamantium does not exist in the MCU because they do not own the rights to it so it does not exist.
You say that adamantium exists and is dormant (lulz), then prove it.
Spiderman was not dormant. He did not exist in the MCU. When Marvel made the deal with Sony then he was put into the MCU , and instantly became real in the MCU. Mutants don't exist in the MCU. They are using in humans as a stand-in for mutant since they do not own the rights. I do not care what will happen in the future if Marvel eventually gets the rights to mutants or adamantium or anything. As it stands now, whatever Marvel does not own does not exist in the MCU.

They can't use the terms. That doesn't mean they don't exist in the universe.

So if Spiderman didn't existed in the universe where was Peter Parker when all the previous events to Civil War? Did he just magically appeared from empty space?

No, the term "Spiderman" or "Peter Parker" was dormant in the MCU (Not mentioned on screen). Doesn't mean that the Character didn't existed prior to Civil War.

See? So it isn't like Adamantium doesn't exist in MCU universe. It's just there waiting to be activated.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:39 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
Feats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> statements.

You have provided no feats that match or exceed those posted for Vibranium.

Yes. I agree to that.

Again, we are entering into the realm of fallacies now. Cause just because Adamantium hasn't withstand what Vibranium has doesn't mean it can/can't.

See, Statements can't prove which is stronger.

BUT!

Based on screen!!!!!!! Vibranium has withstood more powerful things than what Adamantium has withstood. That i can agree to.

But again, it doesn't mean that Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium.
It just means Adamantium hasn't experienced the levels of power Vibranium has (Will it be able to withstand it? That isn't debatable).

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:42 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

So if Spiderman didn't existed in the universe where was Peter Parker when all the previous events to Civil War? Did he just magically appeared from empty space?

Exactly.
Spiderman magically appeared after Sony and Marvel made the deal. Then afterwards they found ways to put him into the MCU history. Like saying that he was the little kid in Iron Man. Again, this was after he magically appeared after the Marvel and Sony deal.
If Sony and Marvel never made the deal you would have never heard of Spider-Man in the MCU. There would never have been a hero with his powers in the background being nameless.

Last edited by Inhuman on Oct 13th, 2017 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:44 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Yes. I agree to that.

Again, we are entering into the realm of fallacies now. Cause just because Adamantium hasn't withstand what Vibranium has doesn't mean it can/can't.

See, Statements can't prove which is stronger.

BUT!

Based on screen!!!!!!! Vibranium has withstood more powerful things than what Adamantium has withstood. That i can agree to.

But again, it doesn't mean that Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium.
It just means Adamantium hasn't experienced the levels of power Vibranium has (Will it be able to withstand it? That isn't debatable).

If Adamatium can't match or exceed Vibranium's feats, then it loses. that is how debates work.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:46 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Inhuman
Exactly.
Spiderman magically appeared after Sony and Marvel made the deal. Then afterwards they found ways to put him into the MCU history. Like saying that he was the little kid in Iron Man.
If Sony and Marvel never made the deal you would have never heard of Spider-Man in the MCU. There would never have been a hero with his powers in the background being nameless.

Okay. In a comercial/financial/out-of-the-movie way, then yes you are right (X Men, Adamantium, Fantastic 4, etc) don't exist in the MCU.

But when you say they don't exist in the MCU universe (Inside the screen) that's not so.

Peter Parker did exist in the MCU Universe (Inside the screen) but he simply didn't took part of the events prior to Civil War. That's the way things like these are explained.

Samething happens for instance with Galactus. Galactus belongs to Fox, bit doesn't exist in the MCU in a comercial way.

But he is out there in the universe. In MCU Universe. Just dormant waiting to appear (That is when MCU gets the rights back).

You get what i am saying?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:49 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

If Adamatium can't match or exceed Vibranium's feats, then it loses. that is how debates work.

Yes and No.

Cause then it's not a matter of which is stronger than which, it is a matter of which has withstood more than the other.

This thread is asking which is more durable, not which has withstood more things in the movies. Based on that, you can't determine which metal is stronger than which. You can only say that Vibranium has withstood things that Adamantium hasn't faced before.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:52 AM
Silent Master

Yes and No.

Cause then it's not a matter of which is stronger than which, it is a matter of which has withstood more than the other.

This thread is asking which is more durable, not which has withstood more things in the movies. Based on that, you can't determine which metal is stronger than which. You can only say that Vibranium has withstood things that Adamantium hasn't faced before.

We judge based on feats, thus who or whatever has the best feats wins.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:54 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

IF WE USE FEATS TO COMPARE THIS METALS:

It would be like saying we are going to compare Titanium and Tungsten.

(Adamantium) Titanium is shot with a 9mm gun. Titanium withstood the impact.

(Vibranium) Tungsten is shot with a 40 caliber gun. Tungsten withstood the impact.

Does it mean Tungsten is stronger than Titanium? No. Because we shot the metals with different calibers. Titanium could/couldn't withstood the 40 caliber.

Same thing happens here, Adamantium and Vibranium can't be compared because they have each experienced different forces.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:57 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

We judge based on feats, thus who or whatever has the best feats wins.

I understand. But such conclusion doesn't answer these topic's title.

Order these fictional metals by DURABILITY not Order these metals by which has withstood greater forces.

You can't determine Adamantium>Vibranium or bisversa based on feats.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 12:59 AM
Silent Master

IF WE USE FEATS TO COMPARE THIS METALS:

It would be like saying we are going to compare Titanium and Tungsten.

(Adamantium) Titanium is shot with a 9mm gun. Titanium withstood the impact.

(Vibranium) Tungsten is shot with a 40 caliber gun. Tungsten withstood the impact.

Does it mean Tungsten is stronger than Titanium? No. Because we shot the metals with different calibers. Titanium could/couldn't withstood the 40 caliber.

Same thing happens here, Adamantium and Vibranium can't be compared because they have each experienced different forces.

Again, no limits fallacies aren't allowed, that means whoever has the best feats win. that is the way debates work here.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 01:02 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Again, no limits fallacies aren't allowed, that means whoever has the best feats win. that is the way debates work here.

Lolllllllll! That's what you are doing by using such a feats to debate!!!

If you say that Tungsten (Vib) is stronger to Titanium (Ad) then that is a no limit fallacy. Cause you haven't tested Titanium with a 40 caliber in order to see if it would withstand it.

If that's how you guys debate well then be known that's not how debates work.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 01:05 AM
Silent Master

Lolllllllll! That's what you are doing by using such a feats to debate!!!

If you say that Tungsten (Vib) is stronger to Titanium (Ad) then that is a no limit fallacy. Cause you haven't tested Titanium with a 40 caliber in order to see if it would withstand it.

If that's how you guys debate well then be known that's not how debates work.

So, we can add no limits fallacies to the list of things you don't understand.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 01:09 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So, we can add no limits fallacies to the list of things you don't understand.

To yours maybe.

Look it's clear you won't give up. I won't give up neither.

I've given my points, you've given yours. I respect your way of thinking.

Now there is no real reason why to keep discussing this topic. Let's just wait for MCU to get the rights back and conclude this thread.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 01:31 AM
Silent Master

Them getting the rights back would place Adamantium at zero feats as Fox's X-men wouldn't be canon to the MCU. So Vibranium would still have better feats.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 01:39 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Them getting the rights back would place Adamantium at zero feats as Fox's X-men wouldn't be canon to the MCU. So Vibranium would still have better feats.

If they get the rights back, then Adamantium》Vibranium. Just like in the comics.

Marvel has stated Ad to be more durable than Vi.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 02:00 AM
Silent Master

No, if they get the rights back. Adamantium will only be as durable as the movies show them to be via feats.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 02:03 AM