KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Order these fictional metals by durability

Order these fictional metals by durability
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gender: Male
Location: A vault... duh...

The movies don't need to retcon anything, as they exist separately from the comics, in their own universes. We don't assume which movie version of a metal is stronger based on what the comics say. We base it on what the films show. So, if you want to say Fox Adamantium is stronger than MCU Vibranium, you have to prove it via screen feats. For example, what damage/attacks has Fox Adamantium withstood that you don't think MCU Vibranium would be able to?


__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:21 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The movies don't need to retcon anything, as they exist separately from the comics, in their own universes. We don't assume which movie version of a metal is stronger based on what the comics say. We base it on what the films show. So, if you want to say Fox Adamantium is stronger than MCU Vibranium, you have to prove it via screen feats. For example, what damage/attacks has Fox Adamantium withstood that you don't think MCU Vibranium would be able to?


Maybe he'll listen to you.


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:24 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The movies don't need to retcon anything, as they exist separately from the comics, in their own universes. We don't assume which movie version of a metal is stronger based on what the comics say. We base it on what the films show. So, if you want to say Fox Adamantium is stronger than MCU Vibranium, you have to prove it via screen feats.


Not in this case.

Both X Men films and MCU still fall under Marvel Content. Marvel states that Adamantium is stronger than Vibranium! Unless stated otherwise by the movie, the intel remains so!

Both Cases reference their movies on the comics. Although they are separte universes that doesnt change the general information.

Adamantium is the strongest metal in the comics and remains so. MCU doesnt have the rights to use the metal but doesnt mean they will go against the comics and retcon such info.

MCU has not said Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium simply because it isnt.

The fact that MCU hasnt used Adamantium doesnt make Vibranium stronger, no conection there.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:28 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Maybe he'll listen to you.


Simply no connection.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:29 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

You're wrong


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:51 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Gender: Male
Location: Your Moms house

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman



thank you for the correction! I forgot all about the Wolverine

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:52 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Gender: Male
Location: Your Moms house

but yeah, Mjolnir has now been shown to be very destructible so that puts it down a couple notches, unless you think that being blown into a million pieces somehow doesn't count against its durability...

taking the Wolverine vid into account ill have to re arrange my top three as follows:

Caps Shield

Mjolnir
Adamantium

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:55 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gender: Male
Location: A vault... duh...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Not in this case.

Both X Men films and MCU still fall under Marvel Content. Marvel states that Adamantium is stronger than Vibranium! Unless stated otherwise by the movie, the intel remains so!

Both Cases reference their movies on the comics. Although they are separte universes that doesnt change the general information.

Adamantium is the strongest metal in the comics and remains so. MCU doesnt have the rights to use the metal but doesnt mean they will go against the comics and retcon such info.

MCU has not said Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium simply because it isnt.

The fact that MCU hasnt used Adamantium doesnt make Vibranium stronger, no conection there.


Did you already forget about the post of Impediment that Nibedicus quoted not too long ago? The comics are not canon or usable in MvF. Even comic-adaptations and novelisations of actual movies are not usable. We use available onscreen feats.

Furthermore, your argument is nonsensical. Of course they won't state inside the MCU that Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium, as the latter does not exist there to make the comparison.


__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:58 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Hela destroying Mjolnir does not lower its standing as it still has all of its other durability feats. All Hela destroying it means is she's more powerful than the things it has previously withstood.


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:01 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Did you already forget about the post of Impediment that Nibedicus quoted not too long ago? The comics are not canon or usable in MvF. Even comic-adaptations and novelisations of actual movies are not usable. We use available onscreen feats.

Furthermore, your argument is nonsensical. Of course they won't state inside the MCU that Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium, as the latter does not exist there to make the comparison.


He somehow thinks that since both contain Marvel comic characters that what is said in one is canon for the other. He apparently has forgotten that Marvel sold the movie rights to Fox and thus the two universes are completely separate.


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:05 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Did you already forget about the post of Impediment that Nibedicus quoted not too long ago? The comics are not canon or usable in MvF. Even comic-adaptations and novelisations of actual movies are not usable. We use available onscreen feats.

Furthermore, your argument is nonsensical. Of course they won't state inside the MCU that Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium, as the latter does not exist there to make the comparison.


OMG. I am pretty Aware of the Rules. Either way i wanted to safe myself the bother of going through the films to find you screen evidence CAUSE IT IS STUPID! STUPID! To even say that Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium!

First of all you are wrong. Adamantium does exist in MCU. Fox has the rights to, which means they CAN'T mention the element in MCU for now, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. MCU is working on getting the rights of X Men, once it does Adamantium will be able to get mentioned in MCU films.

As i said, Just because it wasn't mentioned it doesn't make Vibranium stronger than the METAL MARVEL ITSELF HAS CLASSIFIED AS THE STRONGEST.

Captain America's Shield (Vibranium's OFFICIAL description):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m7IP2B6JnM

Description:

-Vibration absorption (MCU and Marvel agree on this).
-Stronger than steel (Again Marvel agrees with MCU here)
-Strange metal (Another right description)

NO WHERE DID HE SAID THAT IT WAS THE STRONGEST METAL.

Adamantium's Description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M8LoVgPxuQ

Description: VIRTUALLY UNDESTRUCTIBLE (Just like Marvel's official description of Adamantium).

Conclusion, although from different Companies Marvel information takes Presedence.

Adamantium IS STRONGER than Vibranium. I won't even bother arguing this further, cause it is STUPIDITY to say otherwise.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:37 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
but yeah, Mjolnir has now been shown to be very destructible so that puts it down a couple notches, unless you think that being blown into a million pieces somehow doesn't count against its durability...

taking the Wolverine vid into account ill have to re arrange my top three as follows:

Caps Shield

Mjolnir
Adamantium


Why did you changed your original list?

This is wrong.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:38 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
He somehow thinks that since both contain Marvel comic characters that what is said in one is canon for the other. He apparently has forgotten that Marvel sold the movie rights to Fox and thus the two universes are completely separate.


As i said inform yourself dude.

Read my above post, learn something.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:39 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Hela destroying Mjolnir does not lower its standing as it still has all of its other durability feats. All Hela destroying it means is she's more powerful than the things it has previously withstood.


Uru isn't stronger than Adamantium, just like Vibranium isn't.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:39 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

IYO.


__________________
posted by Badabing
I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 02:00 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
IYO.


you are funny.

Did you even watched the videos?


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 02:11 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gender: Male
Location: A vault... duh...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
OMG. I am pretty Aware of the Rules. Either way i wanted to safe myself the bother of going through the films to find you screen evidence CAUSE IT IS STUPID! STUPID! To even say that Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium!

First of all you are wrong. Adamantium does exist in MCU. Fox has the rights to, which means they CAN'T mention the element in MCU for now, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. MCU is working on getting the rights of X Men, once it does Adamantium will be able to get mentioned in MCU films.

As i said, Just because it wasn't mentioned it doesn't make Vibranium stronger than the METAL MARVEL ITSELF HAS CLASSIFIED AS THE STRONGEST.

Captain America's Shield (Vibranium's OFFICIAL description):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m7IP2B6JnM

Description:

-Vibration absorption (MCU and Marvel agree on this).
-Stronger than steel (Again Marvel agrees with MCU here)
-Strange metal (Another right description)

NO WHERE DID HE SAID THAT IT WAS THE STRONGEST METAL.

Adamantium's Description:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M8LoVgPxuQ

Description: VIRTUALLY UNDESTRUCTIBLE (Just like Marvel's official description of Adamantium).

Conclusion, although from different Companies Marvel information takes Presedence.

Adamantium IS STRONGER than Vibranium. I won't even bother arguing this further, cause it is STUPIDITY to say otherwise.


Wow, I am seriously starting to think that you just aren't that bright. The sheer fact that Fox owns the film/tv rights to adamantium means it cannot exist within the MCU. If Marvel/Disney acquire the rights in the future, and the universes actually get merged, that's a different story. But hypothetical scenarios of what might happen mean zero in MvF debates.

Again, you are blatantly ignoring Impediment's rulings. He made it clear "Screen feats only". He made it clear that novelisations, comics, interviews etc. are not usable. As such, I am actually well within my rights to completely ignore your argument here, as you are not actually basing it within the parameters you are supposed to.

But good job. You basically just called a mod and his ruling stupid.

And another thing, you strawman'd me to boot. At no point did I actually even say vibranium is stronger. All I said is you need to use screen feats if you want to claim that adamantium is. Because, you know, that's MvF rules.


__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 02:21 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Wow, I am seriously starting to think that you just aren't that bright. The sheer fact that Fox owns the film/tv rights to adamantium means it cannot exist within the MCU. If Marvel/Disney acquire the rights in the future, and the universes actually get merged, that's a different story. But hypothetical scenarios of what might happen mean zero in MvF debates.

Again, you are blatantly ignoring Impediment's rulings. He made it clear "Screen feats only". He made it clear that novelisations, comics, interviews etc. are not usable. As such, I am actually well within my rights to completely ignore your argument here, as you are not actually basing it within the parameters you are supposed to.

But good job. You basically just called a mod and his ruling stupid.

And another thing, you strawman'd me to boot. At no point did I actually even say vibranium is stronger. All I said is you need to use screen feats if you want to claim that adamantium is. Because, you know, that's MvF rules.


I am beginning to think you have no sense of reason!

Once again, the rule is clear when it says that material that CONTRADICTS that seen on screen ISN'T CANON. In this case Marvel saying that ADAMANTIUM IS STRONGER (Which it is) doesn't contradict ANYTHING SEEN ON SCREEN. Unless you bring me evidence that MCU claims VIBRANIUMS STRONGER (Which it doesnt) the material is valid!

Dude! Did you even saw the videos!? I BRING YOU EVIDENCE and you plainly ignore it!

Stark clearly never stated Vibranium to be the strongest metal nor even call it Undestructible! Striker on the other hand CLEARLY states that Adamantium is virtually undestructible.

Point close. Adamantium is stronger. Screen proves so.

Again, the only reason am debating this is for you to learn something, cause clearly you guys are misinformed.


__________________

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 02:27 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TethAdamTheRock
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Wait untill infinity war

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 02:36 PM
TethAdamTheRock is currently offline Click here to Send TethAdamTheRock a Private Message Find more posts by TethAdamTheRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gender: Male
Location: A vault... duh...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I am beginning to think you have no sense of reason!

Once again, the rule is clear when it says that material that CONTRADICTS that seen on screen ISN'T CANON. In this case Marvel saying that ADAMANTIUM IS STRONGER (Which it is) doesn't contradict ANYTHING SEEN ON SCREEN. Unless you bring me evidence that MCU claims VIBRANIUMS STRONGER (Which it doesnt) the material is valid!

Dude! Did you even saw the videos!? I BRING YOU EVIDENCE and you plainly ignore it!

Stark clearly never stated Vibranium to be the strongest metal nor even call it Undestructible! Striker on the other hand CLEARLY states that Adamantium is virtually undestructible.

Point close. Adamantium is stronger. Screen proves so.

Again, the only reason am debating this is for you to learn something, cause clearly you guys are misinformed.


I think you are the one with questionable reasoning skills, as no matter how many different posters explain the rules to you, you still don't get it.

Yes, the rule is very clear. It even ends with "screen feats only". And if that is not clear enough, Imp's other post on the topic explicitly rules out comics, novels etc. He literally tells people to go make matches in Foreign Cinema if they want to include those. This is not Foreign Cinema. It's MvF. You are trying to justify your argument by cherry picking a single line while ignoring the parts that put it within its proper context.

I have watched all the relevant movies and know the information. Character statements do not trump actual screen feats. Unless adamantium actually has better screen feats in terms of withstanding attacks/damage, the rest is irrelevant. Even things that have canonically happened within a cinematic universe, like the Superman tectonic plate feat from Batman vs Superman, have been ruled out in MvF, because it does not visibly happen onscreen, so can't be properly quantified. Seriously, just PM Imp if you don't want to keep having this "stupid" argument with me.

And the only reason I am continuing with this is because you clearly still do not understand how MvF forum rules work, and I don't want this to become a thing in every thread.


__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 02:44 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 05:35 AM.
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Order these fictional metals by durability

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.