KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Order these fictional metals by durability

Order these fictional metals by durability
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
you are funny.

Did you even watched the videos?

I've seen the movies and know the feats each of these metals have. Your opinion isn't backed up by any actual feats.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:35 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I think you are the one with questionable reasoning skills, as no matter how many different posters explain the rules to you, you still don't get it.

Yes, the rule is very clear. It even ends with "screen feats only". And if that is not clear enough, Imp's other post on the topic explicitly rules out comics, novels etc. He literally tells people to go make matches in Foreign Cinema if they want to include those. This is not Foreign Cinema. It's MvF. You are trying to justify your argument by cherry picking a single line while ignoring the parts that put it within its proper context.

I have watched all the relevant movies and know the information. Character statements do not trump actual screen feats. Unless adamantium actually has better screen feats in terms of withstanding attacks/damage, the rest is irrelevant. Even things that have canonically happened within a cinematic universe, like the Superman tectonic plate feat from Batman vs Superman, have been ruled out in MvF, because it does not visibly happen onscreen, so can't be properly quantified. Seriously, just PM Imp if you don't want to keep having this "stupid" argument with me.

And the only reason I am continuing with this is because you clearly still do not understand how MvF forum rules work, and I don't want this to become a thing in every thread.

I am very well aware of the rules. The rule is clear. Screenfeats only in tue given case where there is CONTRADICTORY information in the books/comics, which isnt the case here.

MCU CLEARLY has stated in ANY of their movies that Vabranium is stronger! MCU is Marvel! And Marvel states that Adamantium is stronger. If you cant grt that in your head, then you cant get anything!

Lol! If the scientist seen on screen says that the metal is UNDESTRUCTIBLE then it it. That is a screen feat! Adamantium is virtually Undestructible according to Striker! Period there.

Stark howevrr said Vibranium is stronger than common steel! He nevrr said it was Undestructible!

Ive given you evidence! Youve given me nothing but your misinformed opinion and tampered rules to limit my information.

Your points are weak.

Adamantium is stronger than Vibranium. Go do some research okay.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:38 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Originally posted by Silent Master
I've seen the movies and know the feats each of these metals have. Your opinion isn't backed up by any actual feats.

Bahahaha, ive wafched and UNDERSTOOD THE MOVIES!

Go and understand them will you.

You mean marvels opinion. Cause Marvel clearly stated that Adamantium was stronger.

But I respect your opinion. Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium! Bahahaha.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 04:43 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:40 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Wow. I can't tell if your being serious or not. Either way, it's obviously pointless trying to debate this with you.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 06:12 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Wow. I can't tell if your being serious or not. Either way, it's obviously pointless trying to debate this with you.

No you cant. Cause this aint debatable. Adamantium is stronger, that is a fact.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:01 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Why did you changed your original list?

This is wrong.

My change is based on Caps shield never being broken which shoots it to the top of the list, Mjolnir was broken by a powerful God hence its move to second position, Wolverines claws were broken by Silver Samurai who's much less powerful than Hela so its moved to the third spot

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:48 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Bahahaha, ive wafched and UNDERSTOOD THE MOVIES!

Go and understand them will you.

You mean marvels opinion. Cause Marvel clearly stated that Adamantium was stronger.

But I respect your opinion. Vibranium is stronger than Adamantium! Bahahaha.

Marvel never stated movie adamantium is stronger.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:16 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by relentless1
My change is based on Caps shield never being broken which shoots it to the top of the list, Mjolnir was broken by a powerful God hence its move to second position, Wolverines claws were broken by Silver Samurai who's much less powerful than Hela so its moved to the third spot

Hela destroying Mjolnir doesn't undue all it's other durability feats. it just means that Hela is more powerful than everything we've seen Mjolnir tank so far.

Not being broken/damaged isn't a feat by itself.

Last edited by Silent Master on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:20 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

No you cant. Cause this aint debatable. Adamantium is stronger, that is a fact.

No it isn't, Adamentium has been broken and penetrated many times in the movies.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:22 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Not being broken/damaged isn't a feat by itself.

of course it is, what a stupid thing to say. Caps shield has withstood iron man repulser blasts, Mjolnir itself, bombs, grenades, chitauri weapons on top of cushioning cap from injury at great heights.

the very definition of durability is the ability to endure wear, pressure and damage... ergo if an item BREAKS then its not as durable as something thats never been broken....

now Mjolnir has deflected shots from the destroyer which is quite impressive but at the end of the day its been destroyed so its automatically inferior.

also lets not forget to mention that Mjolnir and Caps shield actually went head on and Mjolnir wasn't able to put a dent into the shield.

Shield >> Mjolnir

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:27 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Marvel never stated movie adamantium is stronger.

Pfff! Go research dude, Marvel official stand is that Adamantium is stronger!

First of all both metals dont even compete against each other! Each metal has its own properties and qualities.

Vibranium is Energy absorbat, ideal for shields and armors.

Adamantium is suoer strong, ideal for weapons

Uru is magical, ideal for magical weapons.

They simply dont antagonize each other. Now if we talk about strenght, Adamantium is stronger.

Go research ok.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:29 PM
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Originally posted by Sable
No it isn't, Adamentium has been broken and penetrated many times in the movies.

No. The only times Adamantium has been broken is by other Adamantium weapons.

Adamantium is still stronger than any other metal.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:31 PM
Silent Master

First of all both metals dont even compete against each other! Each metal has its own properties and qualities.

They simply dont antagonize each other. Now if we talk about strenght, Adamantium is stronger.

Go research ok.

Again, Marvel never stated that movie adamantium is stronger.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:36 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by relentless1
of course it is, what a stupid thing to say. Caps shield has withstood iron man repulser blasts, Mjolnir itself, bombs, grenades, chitauri weapons on top of cushioning cap from injury at great heights.

the very definition of durability is the ability to endure wear, pressure and damage... ergo if an item BREAKS then its not as durable as something thats never been broken....

now Mjolnir has deflected shots from the destroyer which is quite impressive but at the end of the day its been destroyed so its automatically inferior.

also lets not forget to mention that Mjolnir and Caps shield actually went head on and Mjolnir wasn't able to put a dent into the shield.

Shield >> Mjolnir

I'm aware that Cap's shield wasn't damaged when Mjolnir hit it, you know what else wasn't damaged, Mjolnir.

If you want to claim that Cap's shield is more durable, you actually have to post a feat of it withstanding something that Mjolnir couldn't.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:39 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Go research ok.

Adamentium isnt stronger you dope.

Your own logic just proved you wrong, is adamentium is better then weapons and vibranium is better for defense.

Which is stronger ya moron?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:42 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Originally posted by Sable
Adamentium isnt stronger you dope.

Your own logic just proved you wrong, is adamentium is better then weapons and vibranium is better for defense.

Which is stronger ya moron?

Idiotness really shines in you.

Adamantium is stronger! But Vibranium is betternfor defence not because of its strenght but brcause of its Energy absorption!

Vibranium can absorb any form of energy basically isolating the Person. Thats why Thor coudnt damage Captain America. Cause they shield abosrbed and isolated Cap from the electricity of this.

In other words, the shield protects the User from any form of energy.

Adamantium is stronger, but it conducts electricity and energy. Bad for shields.

But ofcourse you cant differenciate between Energy absorption and Strenght.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:51 AM
Silent Master

IYO

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:52 AM
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Simply no discussion here!

Adamantium: Strongest metal
Vibranium: Energy absorbant
Uru: Supports Magic better.

Simply no arguing here. Each metal has their properties well stablished by marvel.

Anyone doubting this can go and conduct their own research.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:54 AM
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

IYO

In your stupidity.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:55 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait for it.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:57 AM