KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » G.L. Hal vs. Loki

G.L. Hal vs. Loki
Started by: Facee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
(please log in to view the image)

Perfect example.
Loki would need at LEAST a year's prep, continous spell casting, and round about half a dozen magical patrons and demonic entities to simulate a working Batman aura.

Thank you, DS. cool

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:07 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

My thoughts exactly

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:16 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

smile

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:17 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Then again Hal could just remove his auto shields to avoid getting crushed. Then he gets turned to a goat.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:20 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by riv6672
Because his strengths lie in plotting and scheming and maneuvering his opponents into the weakest possible position; like most magic characters he's at his most dangerous when he has time to cast more complex spells.
He does have the ability to fight non prep of course, i just dont think what he has is enough to take out a competent GL, especially not Hal Jordan.
Loki's stoylines typically revolve around scheming, but he doesn't need prep time to give any lantern a good fight.

Hal might be a mismatch, but I'd take Loki over most competent GLs (depending on where we draw the 'competent' line, I suppose).

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:20 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Smurph
Loki's stoylines typically revolve around scheming, but he doesn't need prep time to give any lantern a good fight.

Agreed.
He needs prep time to win the fight.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:25 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Smurph
Hal might be a mismatch, but I'd take Loki over most competent GLs (depending on where we draw the 'competent' line, I suppose).

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:27 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Yeah, Sinestro might be able to draw even with Ch'p.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:37 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Then again Hal could just remove his auto shields to avoid getting crushed. Then he gets turned to a goat.

Agreed thumb up

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:41 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Considering Sue's shields/a GL's shields are generated in completely different ways?
Not a definitive theory.

Its like saying a device that can knock Iron Man's armor offline, making him fall out of the sky, will do the same to Thor, who flies magically via hammer, Storm, who uses wind manipulation, or Angel, who has wings.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 10:47 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Of course, Invisible Woman is equal to Hal Jordan. Why didn't anybody think of that.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 02:19 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Both are powered by will and extra-dimensional sources of incredibly power. One is part of the emotional spectrum, the other is hyperspace. Not an exact correlation, but not super irrelevant either. That combined with his mind-f*ck of Reed Richards from the same fight (And a mixed history against magic for Lanterns) and this is hardly a stomp for either character.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 10th, 2017 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 12:59 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Hal would probably stomp currently. He was turning into will incarnate. Not sure if he's that powerful at the moment. but he easily beat Zero Hour Parallax and Sinestollax like they were nothing. Loki isn't on that level.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:04 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

If he's straight up above Zero Hour Parallax/Sinesro Parallax then he's easily Skyfather level and would stomp obviously.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:10 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Did you notice? That was the FF in their early years. That's Sue Storm as "Invisible Girl". She was much more powerful and competent as the "Invisible WOMAN" later on in her career.

Hal or any other competent GL would kill Loki.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:30 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just wait for the end of the month that Loki get new feats. smile

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:32 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Hasn't Loki been upgraded to god of stories or something? I've heard that was a major increase in power, but I haven't seen anything myself. Anyone know what's going on with that

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:43 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Hasn't Loki been upgraded to god of stories or something? I've heard that was a major increase in power, but I haven't seen anything myself. Anyone know what's going on with that

Yes.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:48 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If he's straight up above Zero Hour Parallax/Sinesro Parallax then he's easily Skyfather level and would stomp obviously.

Around Convergence, Hal was using Krona's gauntlets. IIRC, it triggered something in him and he became a being of pure will power. Not only did he temporarily kill Sinestro with the Parallax entity, but easily tooled ZH Parallax (Among other feats). Hal is way above Skyfather.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 02:28 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

Yes. Theoretically, he's incredibly uber based on what he did. I'll post scans later, but I was assuming this was classic Loki. He has so many incarnations at this point.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 02:31 AM