KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Voldemort vs. Grindelwald

Who wins the duel ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Voldemort 15 38.46%
Grindelwald 24 61.54%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Voldemort vs. Grindelwald
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tom88

I just checked and Pottermore.com, the official website for all things Harry Potter, started and endorsed by Rowling herself, describes Voldemort as "the most powerful dark wizard of all time" on his bio.

Between that and all the evidence on screen and on the page, that settles the debate. The only way Grindelwald wins is if he gets lucky. And Grindelwald is called dark wizard too.

The only thing Grindelwald did that Voldemort didn't was have more conquered land under his belt. But that's only because Voldemort started with the hardest country first. Also,that period was different and it was a period of war.

Grindelwald only got as far as he did because Dumbledore wouldn't face him until there duel, while he actively worked against Voldemort during his reign (and from what some characters said it sounded like Voldemort was winning) and the book doesn't say that Grindelwald conquered Europe.

Also we don't know how powerful Dumbledore was in 1945, for all we know he might have not been as experienced then as when he fought Voldemort while using the elder wand against him and protecting Harry wasn't really an issue since Voldemort didn't really pay him any attention when Dumbledore arrived.

Grindelwald used the wand against Dumbledore and Dumbledore used the wand against Voldemort.

Dumbledore>Voldemort>Grindelwald.

This nonsense Grindelwald wank needs to end.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 08:14 PM
Tom88 is currently offline Click here to Send Tom88 a Private Message Find more posts by Tom88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Tommy boy couldn't even kill a little kid.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 08:21 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tom88
I just checked and Pottermore.com, the official website for all things Harry Potter, started and endorsed by Rowling herself, describes Voldemort as "the most powerful dark wizard of all time" on his bio.

Between that and all the evidence on screen and on the page, that settles the debate. The only way Grindelwald wins is if he gets lucky. And Grindelwald is called dark wizard too.

The only thing Grindelwald did that Voldemort didn't was have more conquered land under his belt. But that's only because Voldemort started with the hardest country first. Also,that period was different and it was a period of war.

Grindelwald only got as far as he did because Dumbledore wouldn't face him until there duel, while he actively worked against Voldemort during his reign (and from what some characters said it sounded like Voldemort was winning) and the book doesn't say that Grindelwald conquered Europe.

Also we don't know how powerful Dumbledore was in 1945, for all we know he might have not been as experienced then as when he fought Voldemort while using the elder wand against him and protecting Harry wasn't really an issue since Voldemort didn't really pay him any attention when Dumbledore arrived.

Grindelwald used the wand against Dumbledore and Dumbledore used the wand against Voldemort.

Dumbledore>Voldemort>Grindelwald.

This nonsense Grindelwald wank needs to end.

He is the most powerful Dark Wizard ever, not the most powerful duelist. Don't confuse the terms.

Voldermort's title is due to his great knowledge over dark forces, which lead him to create the holocruxes which basically made him undefeatable.

However this thread concerns Voldemort without the Holocruxes, which therefore means he doesn't have his invulnerability.

Under such circumstances, Grindelwald wins, since he is beyond Voldemort's duel abilities.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 11:25 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

His title is because the Wizarding world is for the most part a bunch of racists, cowards and morons.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 11:29 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tom88

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
He is the most powerful Dark Wizard ever, not the most powerful duelist. Don't confuse the terms.

Voldermort's title is due to his great knowledge over dark forces, which lead him to create the holocruxes which basically made him undefeatable.

However this thread concerns Voldemort without the Holocruxes, which therefore means he doesn't have his invulnerability.

Under such circumstances, Grindelwald wins, since he is beyond Voldemort's duel abilities.

Seriously? the denial is strong here....

Stop with the excuses. That statement is clear. It was never stated or implied that Grindelwald is a better duelist, especially without the ender wald.

The only Voldemort weakness is the ""power of love"" and Grindelwald can't beat him with that.

Last edited by Tom88 on Mar 17th, 2018 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 03:27 PM
Tom88 is currently offline Click here to Send Tom88 a Private Message Find more posts by Tom88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You forgot a couple of Tommy boy's weaknesses. He's also a coward and fairly retarded.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 06:55 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Tom88
Seriously? the denial is strong here....

Stop with the excuses. That statement is clear. It was never stated or implied that Grindelwald is a better duelist, especially without the ender wald.

The only Voldemort weakness is the ""power of love"" and Grindelwald can't beat him with that.

Best Dark Wizzard doesnt mean best duelist. Read my previous post please!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 07:23 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by juggerman
Concession accepted
If you think I would not seek you out after this film and reengage you you have gone soft.

Voldemort still wins over the lesser dark wizard.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 01:17 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Silent Master
Tommy boy couldn't even kill a little kid.
Context, mouth breather.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 01:18 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

Post proof Grindewald is the superior duelist. Your claim prove it, boy.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 01:18 AM
juggerman

Originally posted by quanchi112
If you think I would not seek you out after this film and reengage you you have gone soft.

Voldemort still wins over the lesser dark wizard.

I knew this was coming

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 05:13 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I knew this was coming
So you fully expected this thrashing.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 12:38 PM
juggerman

I fully expected your predictability

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 12:50 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I fully expected your predictability
You knew this was inevitable. I bet you have been hiding under a blanket peeking out all these months.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 12:53 PM
juggerman

Only when your mom comes over

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 12:59 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Only when your mom comes over
That woman is not my mother. What kind of seedy lifestyle do you live?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 01:00 PM
juggerman

Don't disown your mommy. Where will you live?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 01:15 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Don't disown your mommy. Where will you live?
I do not know who she is but her manipulating you is too good.

I live with your mother.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 03:14 PM
juggerman

She certaining is good a manipulating certain things.

You living in a graveyard explains a ton actually

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 03:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

She certaining is good a manipulating certain things.

You living in a graveyard explains a ton actually
My fake mom has you by your mini balls. Even fake relatives of mine own you.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 03:36 PM