KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Voldemort vs. Grindelwald

Who wins the duel ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Voldemort 15 38.46%
Grindelwald 24 61.54%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Voldemort vs. Grindelwald
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Newt used magical means to use his beast to restrain Gellert's hands. Newt used magic in order to do so.

Again you saying what would have happened has never been anything of merit but you somehow don't learn this. Despite the protection of Harry he was involved in a duel. Voldemoet attacked as did Albus. A water bubble is an attack but you don't address my points at all you just simply repeat yourself.

Looking at Albus' facial expressions and watching the films to see how seriously he approached Voldemort and saying he's no match is living in a fanatsy land.

Newt controlled the beast and he didn't treat nor did he want to take them on. They barred his exit and he was forced to duel here go he was captured. Pretty stupid.

Nah, it's evident you are wrong about this. Voldemort clearly wins.

Lol, explain yourself. Cause he never used magic to stop Gellert.

Hey! Voldemort has the advantage! Albus was forced to protect harry. His movements were limmited. Unlike Voldemort who only has to protect himself, Albus had to protect Harry and himself. Albus was in a defence position.

Voldemort lost.

Okay. Gellert was never defeated with a wand, but with a beast. Voldemort couldnt win the duel with Albus nor with Potter. Grindelwald is a better duelist.

No. It is known that Gellert was a better duelist. Go research if you dont believe me.

Voldemort was a better dark Lord over all, but not a better duelist. Dont confuse the terms.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:42 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Lol, explain yourself. Cause he never used magic to stop Gellert.

Hey! Voldemort has the advantage! Albus was forced to protect harry. His movements were limmited. Unlike Voldemort who only has to protect himself, Albus had to protect Harry and himself. Albus was in a defence position.

Voldemort lost.

Okay. Gellert was never defeated with a wand, but with a beast. Voldemort couldnt win the duel with Albus nor with Potter. Grindelwald is a better duelist.

No. It is known that Gellert was a better duelist. Go research if you dont believe me.

Voldemort was a better dark Lord over all, but not a better duelist. Dont confuse the terms.
His beast is magical and he controlled what it did to restrain Gellert's arms.

Albus was dueling with Voldemort while Harry hung back. Albus still attacked with sending the flames back and using the water bubble. Those are using spells to attack Voldemort.

No, the battle ended in a stalemate with Albus looking worse after their duel.

Who cares ? He was easily defeated whether it's with a wand or not. He will,lose to Albus one on one. Voldemort defeated Harry when he disarmed him. He won earlier in that scene. That's one way in which you can win by disarming the other wizard.

Voldemort was a better duelist and seeing him go toe to toe with Albus and the most powerful wand in existence while Gellert lost despite being the wielder of the elder wand.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:14 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

His beast is magical and he controlled what it did to restrain Gellert's arms.

Albus was dueling with Voldemort while Harry hung back. Albus still attacked with sending the flames back and using the water bubble. Those are using spells to attack Voldemort.

No, the battle ended in a stalemate with Albus looking worse after their duel.

Who cares ? He was easily defeated whether it's with a wand or not. He will,lose to Albus one on one. Voldemort defeated Harry when he disarmed him. He won earlier in that scene. That's one way in which you can win by disarming the other wizard.

Voldemort was a better duelist and seeing him go toe to toe with Albus and the most powerful wand in existence while Gellert lost despite being the wielder of the elder wand.

The beast cant use a wand. Grindelwald wasnt defeated by a Wand. He was defeated by beast, which is different.

Lol, it proves he is a better Duelist. Taking it solo against 20 Aurors is something Voldemort could NEVER replicate. He couldnt disarm Gellert. Voldemort isnt a duelist. Hr lost to Harry in the end, and failed to kill Albus.

Again, stop ignoring facts. The Elder wand has to chose the wearer in order to woek properly. Gellert never had full control over the wand. Voldemort failed to kill an old wizzard who was only defending himself and Harry. He also failed to defeat Harry.

Voldemort isn an exceptional duelist. He is a better Dark Lord but not that good in duels.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:20 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The beast cant use a wand. Grindelwald wasnt defeated by a Wand. He was defeated by beast, which is different.

Lol, it proves he is a better Duelist. Taking it solo against 20 Aurors is something Voldemort could NEVER replicate. He couldnt disarm Gellert. Voldemort isnt a duelist. Hr lost to Harry in the end, and failed to kill Albus.

Again, stop ignoring facts. The Elder wand has to chose the wearer in order to woek properly. Gellert never had full control over the wand. Voldemort failed to kill an old wizzard who was only defending himself and Harry. He also failed to defeat Harry.

Voldemort isn an exceptional duelist. He is a better Dark Lord but not that good in duels.
I didn't say the beast used a wand. A wizard easily bested him bsince he was overwhelmed.

Says you. Speculation. He lost. You're ignoring the context. In OOTP he disarmed and defeated Harry.

We shall see but the elder wand resisted Voldemort for Harry so quit being a blatant hypocrite. This is why people get frustrated with you. He defeated Harry right before Albus showed up. You just repeat the same old stuff.

Nonsense.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:41 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

No way Grindelwald stands a chance against someone on Voldemort's level.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:43 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

It was relevant to my point but we agree so what's there to debate, dope.

It wasn't and you're just showing you can't stick to a point and have to jump around to stay in the fray laughing out loud

You made a claim that I was copying your answer, I rebutted that I focus on the topic and facts while you just back whomever gives you the biggest boner. Opposing views offer the opportunity for an open debate. Why do I have to explain simple shit to you? laughing out loud

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:34 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by juggerman
It wasn't and you're just showing you can't stick to a point and have to jump around to stay in the fray laughing out loud

You made a claim that I was copying your answer, I rebutted that I focus on the topic and facts while you just back whomever gives you the biggest boner. Opposing views offer the opportunity for an open debate. Why do I have to explain simple shit to you? laughing out loud
You copied me because you were tired of losing with Albus. You are such a coward. You make me and your mother sick.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:35 AM
juggerman

You copied me because you were tired of losing with Albus. You are such a coward. You make me and your mother sick.

Stop beating off to Tommy. He wins here for now. Might lose when more films come out

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:51 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Stop beating off to Tommy. He wins here for now. Might lose when more films come out
You are such a despicable pervert. Keep your wizard fantasies out of this thread. Quit trying to be me in this thread.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:56 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 12:54 PM
juggerman

You are such a despicable pervert. Keep your wizard fantasies out of this thread. Quit trying to be me in this thread.

Even you don't want to be you. Tom makes your wand extend. We all know it. Just try not to fire off any spells here

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:03 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Arachnid1
No way Grindelwald stands a chance against someone on Voldemort's level.

Why? Voldemort isnt that great of a duelist.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:52 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Even you don't want to be you. Tom makes your wand extend. We all know it. Just try not to fire off any spells here
Voldemort wins. Stick to the topic you jerk.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:48 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No he wasnt. He was protecting Harry which is different from Attacking Harry.
Not to mention Albus was already old.

If Dumbledore didn't want to win why didn't he just teleport away with Harry?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:58 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Surtur
If Dumbledore didn't want to win why didn't he just teleport away with Harry?

Cause Voldemort wouldn't have allowed it.

Albus was protecting Harry. Which becomes evidence the moment Albus warns Riddle that the Aurors were coming (Insinuating that he should leave) instead of just attacking right away.

Voldemort isn't exceptional for his duel powers.

Grindelwald on the other hand is considered one of the best Duelists ever.

Voldemort is better overall. But in a 1vs1 with Grindelwald, Voldi loses.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 02:28 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cause Voldemort wouldn't have allowed it.

Albus was protecting Harry. Which becomes evidence the moment Albus warns Riddle that the Aurors were coming (Insinuating that he should leave) instead of just attacking right away.

Voldemort isn't exceptional for his duel powers.

Grindelwald on the other hand is considered one of the best Duelists ever.

Voldemort is better overall. But in a 1vs1 with Grindelwald, Voldi loses.

During the fight he had more than one chance to teleport away with Harry.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 02:32 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Surtur
During the fight he had more than one chance to teleport away with Harry.

Not with Voldemort sending spells.

There was no way for Albus to give his back to Voldemort.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 02:44 AM
juggerman

Voldemort wins. Stick to the topic you jerk.

Oh now you want to stay on topic? Just a few posts ago you were bringing up another thread clown

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 03:49 AM
Arachnid1

Why? Voldemort isnt that great of a duelist.
If you can duel someone like Dumbledore and do reasonable well (not that I think he'd ever beat Dumbledore in a fair duel), you'd have to be pretty damn good IMO. Grindelwald just hasn't ever gone up against anyone of that level to measure against like Voldemort has.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 08:50 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Arachnid1
If you can duel someone like Dumbledore and do reasonable well (not that I think he'd ever beat Dumbledore in a fair duel), you'd have to be pretty damn good IMO. Grindelwald just hasn't ever gone up against anyone of that level to measure against like Voldemort has.

1. Grindelwald faced Dumbledore when he was younger (stronger). They fight is said to have lasted hours in what is the best duel EVER. Voldemort would NEVER last so much against Dumbledore.

2. Albus never engaged Voldemort. He was only protecting Harry. He never trully wanted to end Voldemort.

3. Grindelwald fighting 20+ Aurors solo without being defeated puts him above Voldi. Voldemort has never done such a thing.

4. While Voldemort is better overall, Grindelwald is a better duelist.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:22 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Oh now you want to stay on topic? Just a few posts ago you were bringing up another thread clown
I give a troll like you an inch you try to take a troll mile. I need to keep you in check, troll.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 01:53 PM