KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Voldemort vs. Grindelwald

Who wins the duel ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Voldemort 15 38.46%
Grindelwald 24 61.54%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Voldemort vs. Grindelwald
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 31 32 [33]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I thought as much given Voldemort feared Dumbledore. Must be for a reason.

Nice change of Sig/Avatar btw.
Fear does not mean inferiority. Albus was a rival in terms of skill and power it is wise to fear an adversary.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Originally posted by quanchi112
Not in the films. We see them on screen pit their skills against each other. Albus could not stop Voldemort alone and was fated for death in a years time due to the dark magic implored by you know who. Albus is a morecwell rounded wizard due to understanding love but in terms of power, skill, and ruthlessness Voldemort is second to none.

1. So in the films their duel was a stalemate. Good for Voldemort however every source hich compares the two has Albus as superior. Using an inconclusive fight as evidence is laughable especially since there is more concrete evidence elsewhere (eg: multiple canon statements which say Dumbledore>>>Voldemort from both the books and the films). Also as an aside in the book Voldemort got stomped.

2. Albus losing his head over seeing the Resurrection Stone=Voldemort is more powerful. You really are deluded.

3. Except all those statements which say otherwise disagree Voldemort is second to none.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:13 PM
HP Legend is currently offline Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by HP Legend
1. So in the films their duel was a stalemate. Good for Voldemort however every source hich compares the two has Albus as superior. Using an inconclusive fight as evidence is laughable especially since there is more concrete evidence elsewhere (eg: multiple canon statements which say Dumbledore>>>Voldemort from both the books and the films). Also as an aside in the book Voldemort got stomped.

2. Albus losing his head over seeing the Resurrection Stone=Voldemort is more powerful. You really are deluded.

3. Except all those statements which say otherwise disagree Voldemort is second to none.

1. Yes, a stalemate despite Albus wielding the most powerful wand in existence. Based off the books not literal translations so when the rubber met the road and despite the advantage of the elder wand Albus was unable to defeat him or prevent the possession of Harry despite his love of Harry.

In the special features of ootp there is a statement referencing voldemort as the most powerful wizard iirc. It is on my physical copy and I typically rewatch the digital versions of the films so I may have to pop it in.

2. Albus was unable to stop Voldemort alone. He required years of planning with snape as well as help and lucky situations from other bystanders protecting Harry.

3. Voldemort is the most powerful dark wizard of all time. This makes sense that a bad guy would be the most powerful as they typically value power above all else. That is verified over and over in the films and on her site.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Originally posted by quanchi112
1. Yes, a stalemate despite Albus wielding the most powerful wand in existence. Based off the books not literal translations so when the rubber met the road and despite the advantage of the elder wand Albus was unable to defeat him or prevent the possession of Harry despite his love of Harry.

In the special features of ootp there is a statement referencing voldemort as the most powerful wizard iirc. It is on my physical copy and I typically rewatch the digital versions of the films so I may have to pop it in.

2. Albus was unable to stop Voldemort alone. He required years of planning with snape as well as help and lucky situations from other bystanders protecting Harry.

3. Voldemort is the most powerful dark wizard of all time. This makes sense that a bad guy would be the most powerful as they typically value power above all else. That is verified over and over in the films and on her site.

1. In canon status the books actually take presidence as the proper account but sure I'll play your game of cherry picking sources to wank Voldemort.

2. Once again statements disagree that Voldemort >Albus so saying a stalemate (not even a win for gosh sake) means he's better is bias on your part.

3. As far as I'm aware not one statement exists and even then if it does exist it won't be from JK Rowling herself and is therefore brought down by sources of higher canon status.

4. Your observing there strategy which BTW Albus was much better at lmao. Albus repeattedly proved himself to be much calmer and considerably more intelligent than Voldemort.

5. A) Dumbledore's not a dark wziard so those quotes hold little relevance.

5. B) As far as I'm aware there are no quotes from JK Rowling on the matter. All sources are either in universe or not official canon on the matter so they hold no relevance.

Besides if direct lineds of scaling contradict statements then they overrule them IMO.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 04:37 PM
HP Legend is currently offline Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Trocity
Got any legit quotes stating Dumbledore is no longer in his prime during the HP series?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 06:32 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

There is no statement Old DD is weaker than young DD.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 06:57 PM
The Merchant is currently offline Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

1. It's mentioned multiple times throughout HBP Dumbledore is no longer in his prime.

2. All the statements say that Grindelwald=Dumbledore regardless of The Elder Wand. It being the most powerful wand doesn't mean shit because the amount of satrength it gives it's owner is unquantifiable. However we do have statements saying that regardless of The Wand Grindelwald=Prime Dumbledore.

3. All the statements have loopholes in them or aren't from The Word of God (JK Rowling) so they aren't official sources on the matter. Especially given some of the contradictions in the fact files you bring up.

4. Yeah the films say The Wand resisted Voldemort lmao. You brought up Voldemort having The Elder Wand in DH and I noted it resisted him. I have watched the films.

Also write your next reply in the other thread because I don't want to keep having to forum hop.

1. Provide a quote if it is all over the place.

2. It gives him an advantage regardless of you trying to downplay it. They say it throughout the film it is the most powerful. You cannot dismiss statements just because you want to reach a biased conclusion.

3. So despite it being mentioned in the films on her website you cry foul just because you want to dismiss facts to reach your biased conclusions. Voldemort is the most powerful dark wizard of all time. Grindewald is not.

4. Making his feat even more impressive.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2018 03:25 AM
quanchi112
Disney

1. In canon status the books actually take presidence as the proper account but sure I'll play your game of cherry picking sources to wank Voldemort.

This is the movie vs and both are separate iterations so nowhere are you correct shoving your opinion down my throat.

quote:

2. Once again statements disagree that Voldemort >Albus so saying a stalemate (not even a win for gosh sake) means he's better is bias on your part.

[/B]
Not on the special features but let me approach this a different way. A limited time and Albus having the most powerful wand in the world means he held a huge advantage but still failed to come across as better despite the wand.

quote:

3. As far as I'm aware not one statement exists and even then if it does exist it won't be from JK Rowling herself and is therefore brought down by sources of higher canon status.

[/B]
J k is not the director nor is she the only person working on the films. Younopenly dismiss anything that does not support your bias.

quote:

4. Your observing there strategy which BTW Albus was much better at lmao. Albus repeattedly proved himself to be much calmer and considerably more intelligent than Voldemort.
[/B]

Absurd. What was Dumbledore better at? Bs. Albus needed all kinds of help and intel to discern Voldemorts plans and years to scheme.

Voldemort only really took in his own counsel in rendering decisions whereas Albus needed Snape, Harrys help, etc. to take on the might of the dark lord himself. An intelligent guy would not curse himself to death by dark magic within a year. He made a grave mistake. If he was so much smarter why did he fatally curse himself.

quote:

5. A) Dumbledore's not a dark wziard so those quotes hold little relevance.
[/B]

The logic is sound. You can refuse to accept the theory but we both know Voldemort cares more about power than Albus Dumbledore.
quote:

5. B) As far as I'm aware there are no quotes from JK Rowling on the matter. All sources are either in universe or not official canon on the matter so they hold no relevance.

Besides if direct lineds of scaling contradict statements then they overrule them IMO. [/B]
What holds no relevance?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2018 03:40 AM
HP Legend

My rebuttal:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...-thread/135469/

Seriously though I'll address this next weekend like with your other post.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2018 03:37 PM
quanchi112
Disney

At the conclusion of the Fb if we are both still actively debating I would love to show you the error of your ways with a judged debate of Voldemort vs. Grindelwald. Food for thought. A suggestion but if you do not and I am still here I will find another Gellert supporter to pick up his banner for this.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2018 03:55 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Hp, do not run away and forget this. You already have no choice but to concede the most powerful dark wizard of all time to Voldemort so I am halfway to the finish line.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2018 03:41 AM