KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Voldemort vs. Grindelwald

Who wins the duel ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Voldemort 15 38.46%
Grindelwald 24 61.54%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Voldemort vs. Grindelwald
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Gellert had the elder wand. Albus won.

Albus had the elder wand. Albus didn't win.

Voldemort wins.

Case closed.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 01:55 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Gellert had the elder wand. Albus won.

Albus had the elder wand. Albus didn't win.

Voldemort wins.

Case closed.

Except Gellert never really had control over the Elder Wand. Which means the Elder Wand is basically useless.

Except Dumbledore wasn't 1vs1 with Voldemort. You keep avoiding Harry in the equation Quanchi.

Your retoric gets rebuked.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:29 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Except Gellert never really had control over the Elder Wand. Which means the Elder Wand is basically useless.

Except Dumbledore wasn't 1vs1 with Voldemort. You keep avoiding Harry in the equation Quanchi.

Was Albus the rightful ruler of the elder wand in his duel against Gellert ?

Harry stood to the side and was fearful. He was wand less. Albus was in a one on one duel against Voldemort.

Nah, my points are still valid while your arguments are baseless.

You abandon your same point when discussing Harry vs. Voldemort which is a double standard.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 03:55 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

When did they say he never had control over the wand?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 03:57 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Josh, we are debating the film versions here. But I'd still like the question answered to make my point.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 03:59 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Was Albus the rightful ruler of the elder wand in his duel against Gellert ?

Harry stood to the side and was fearful. He was wand less. Albus was in a one on one duel against Voldemort.

Nah, my points are still valid while your arguments are baseless.

You abandon your same point when discussing Harry vs. Voldemort which is a double standard.

What? Albus never had the elder wand in his duel against Gellert. Gellert had the Elder wand, which didn't work properly since the Wand didn't accept Gellert as his owner.

Again, he was defending not attacking. Which isnt the same. Albus attacked Gellert. Voldemort could never stand Young Albus.

No, your points aren't accepted. You are evading simple facts that are very decisive for this discussion. (Like the fact that Albus wasn't attacking Voldemort).

Originally posted by Surtur
When did they say he never had control over the wand?

Never said in the movie, it is said somewhere in the books. But since Quanchi brought up the topic of Gellert vs Albus, i had to explain the situation.

Josh, we are debating the film versions here. But I'd still like the question answered to make my point.

As i told you, this isn't debatable until we see Gellert vs Albus in FB2. But since you insisted and brought to topic of Gellert vs Albus, i had to explain the situation (Book version).

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 05:21 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

What? Albus never had the elder wand in his duel against Gellert. Gellert had the Elder wand, which didn't work properly since the Wand didn't accept Gellert as his owner.

Again, he was defending not attacking. Which isnt the same. Albus attacked Gellert. Voldemort could never stand Young Albus.

No, your points aren't accepted. You are evading simple facts that are very decisive for this discussion. (Like the fact that Albus wasn't attacking Voldemort

So Albus was not its master which is what Harry was in deathly Hallows when Voldemort had the elder wand.

You repeat yourself over and over without showing you grasp what an attack or a duel is for that matter. When he turned the glass into sand that's a defense but when he sends a water bubble at Voldemort that's clearly an attack. Address what's being said quit repeating yourself.

Again speculation. You presume but debates are based on facts not what you believe. I've already debunked that it's just you don't know what ah attack is.

quote:

Never said in the movie, it is said somewhere in the books. But since Quanchi brought up the topic of Gellert vs Albus, i had to explain the situation.

As i told you, this isn't debatable until we see Gellert vs Albus in FB2. But since you insisted and brought to topic of Gellert vs Albus, i had to explain the situation (Book version). [/B]
You didn't care about this factor when discussing Harry vs. Voldemort and ignored the context. Be consistent.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:25 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So Albus was not its master which is what Harry was in deathly Hallows when Voldemort had the elder wand.

You repeat yourself over and over without showing you grasp what an attack or a duel is for that matter. When he turned the glass into sand that's a defense but when he sends a water bubble at Voldemort that's clearly an attack. Address what's being said quit repeating yourself.

Again speculation. You presume but debates are based on facts not what you believe. I've already debunked that it's just you don't know what ah attack is.

You didn't care about this factor when discussing Harry vs. Voldemort and ignored the context. Be consistent.

Quanchi, i have given my points.

Lets wait for FB2 to continue the debate okay. So there is stronger evidenceon my side. Cause we have barely seen from Grindelwald. (Which is clear enough that G beats V in a duel).

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:29 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Quanchi, i have given my points.

Lets wait for FB2 to continue the debate okay. So there is stronger evidenceon my side. Cause we have barely seen from Grindelwald. (Which is clear enough that G beats V in a duel).
No one has agreed with you so that's fine but I've used evidence. Voldemort is the best dark wizard and he never lost to Albus. Gellert will but let's see how it plays out on the big screen.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:31 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

No one has agreed with you so that's fine but I've used evidence. Voldemort is the best dark wizard and he never lost to Albus. Gellert will but let's see how it plays out on the big screen.

I agree.

Voldemort is the best Dark Wizzard. That is clear.

But we are talking about duel here. Grindelwald is known for being a better duelist.

Voldemort is better in all other areas though.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:33 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I agree.

Voldemort is the best Dark Wizzard. That is clear.

But we are talking about duel here. Grindelwald is known for being a better duelist.

Voldemort is better in all other areas though.
Who said Gellert was a better duelist than Tom Riddle ?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:35 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Who said Gellert was a better duelist than Tom Riddle ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJxRrzY6m4&t=401s

watch the videos dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Bk2q75Xv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDT5HJx99Ho

Acually, Voldemort is better in the Dark Arts, while Grindelwald is better overall. Who is the best Dark Wizzard? Voldemort. Who is the best Wizzard? Grindelwald.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOV6Yp-VmBU&t=254s

How powerful Grindelwald is.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:48 PM
quanchi112
Disney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtJxRrzY6m4&t=401s

watch the videos dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Bk2q75Xv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDT5HJx99Ho

Acually, Voldemort is better in the Dark Arts, while Grindelwald is better overall. Who is the best Dark Wizzard? Voldemort. Who is the best Wizzard? Grindelwald.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOV6Yp-VmBU&t=254s

How powerful Grindelwald is.
I have seen videos on YouTube where fans believe Gellert is better but I disagree with their take.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 08:13 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I have seen videos on YouTube where fans believe Gellert is better but I disagree with their take.

They are giving evidence in their videos Quanchi. And it wouldn't be wise to assume that all the youtubers i mentioned before would support Gellert knowing that Voldemort is more famous and that the public would judge them for it.

They got evidence. Gellert is better.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 08:17 PM
quanchi112
Disney

They are giving evidence in their videos Quanchi. And it wouldn't be wise to assume that all the youtubers i mentioned before would support Gellert knowing that Voldemort is more famous and that the public would judge them for it.

They got evidence. Gellert is better.
I have seen the videos but I reach a different conclusion. Gellert isn't better at all. One thing they can't shake is Gellert had the best wand and lost. Voldemort didn't lose while Albus had the best wand. That's undeniable.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 08:23 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I have seen the videos but I reach a different conclusion. Gellert isn't better at all. One thing they can't shake is Gellert had the best wand and lost. Voldemort didn't lose while Albus had the best wand. That's undeniable.

You need to understand the Elder Wand before using it in a Debate.

The Elder Wand is only formidable when it has accepted the user as it's wearer.

Both Grindelwald and Voldemort never had full control over the wand. As we saw in Harry Potter, the Wand began cracking after Voldemort used it to break the shield.

So basically Grindelwald never had a real advantage over Dumbledore.

Also, remember that Albus was much younger and stronger when he faced Grindelwald. Voldemort faced a weaker and much old Albus.

Furthermore, remember that Voldemort's wand wasn't a normal wand neither. It wasn't as strong as the Elder Wand, but it wasn't an ordinary common wand neither.

And again, Dumbledore never really wanted to defeat Voldemort. Albus was more concerned on defending Harry than on defeating Voldemort. That is undebatable.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 08:27 PM
quanchi112
Disney

You need to understand the Elder Wand before using it in a Debate.

The Elder Wand is only formidable when it has accepted the user as it's wearer.

Both Grindelwald and Voldemort never had full control over the wand. As we saw in Harry Potter, the Wand began cracking after Voldemort used it to break the shield.

So basically Grindelwald never had a real advantage over Dumbledore.

Also, remember that Albus was much younger and stronger when he faced Grindelwald. Voldemort faced a weaker and much old Albus.

Furthermore, remember that Voldemort's wand wasn't a normal wand neither. It wasn't as strong as the Elder Wand, but it wasn't an ordinary common wand neither.

And again, Dumbledore never really wanted to defeat Voldemort. Albus was more concerned on defending Harry than on defeating Voldemort. That is undebatable.
Harry was its rightful owner so it resisted him. Albums wasn't the rightful owner when he dueled Gellert so not exactly the same thing but this is book territory and I'll revisit this years down the road.

We shall also see if Albus is much stronger or in his prime then. Albus wouldn't have fled with Harry otherwise. He was interested in defeating him he just wasn't able. No matter what wand Voldemort had it wasn't as powerful as the elder wand.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 08:35 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Harry was its rightful owner so it resisted him. Albums wasn't the rightful owner when he dueled Gellert so not exactly the same thing but this is book territory and I'll revisit this years down the road.

We shall also see if Albus is much stronger or in his prime then. Albus wouldn't have fled with Harry otherwise. He was interested in defeating him he just wasn't able. No matter what wand Voldemort had it wasn't as powerful as the elder wand.

Albus didn't had problems with the Wand. He wasn't the rightful owner, but doesn't mean the wand resisted him.

Well, the battle between Albus and Gellert is known to be the most powerful duel of all times.

Both Gellert and Voldemort didn't had wands to outclass the Elderwand. Gellert never control the Elderwand nor did Voldemort.

We will have to wait for FB sequels to conclude this debate.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only way it wouldn't work properly for Grindelwald is if he wasn't accepted as the true owner. It makes sense he wouldn't be when you think about it...he stole the wand right? I don't think he used magic to disarm someone of it.

But whatever reason he wasn't accepted as the true owner...that would mean anyone who defeats Grindelwald wouldn't have become the true owner either. So why did Dumbledore seem to have control over it?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Grindelwald was the "true" owner. You don't need to use magic to disarm someone to get the wand as evidenced by Harry "disarming" Draco by ripping his wand out of his hand and therefore becoming the owner of the Elder Wand.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 10:25 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote