KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump Opposes UN Resolution

Trump Opposes UN Resolution
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Oh Trumpers...


Are you saying it isn't true?


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 10:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Dark Knight

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Batcave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Well wait, either it was or wasn't about abolishing the death penalty all together. If it wasn't, why oppose it? Because we are cackling supervillains?


It's about abolishing the death penatly under certain circumstances, specifically these circumstances:

"Condemning in particular the use of the death penalty against persons with mental or intellectual disabilities, persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, and pregnant women,
Condemning the imposition of the death penalty as a sanction for specific forms of conduct, such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations, and expressing serious concern that the application of the death penalty for adultery is disproportionately imposed on women
"

So basically it's a matter of the UN not wanting people killed for being gay, reckless teens, or praying to a different God. Abolishing it altogether isn't what's going to happen.

Once again, perfectly reasonable. Why Trump would oppose this given he's supposedly against the radicals and extremes of Islam, is beyond me.


__________________

Last edited by MythLord on Oct 5th, 2017 at 06:38 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 06:36 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
It's about abolishing the death penatly under certain circumstances, specifically these circumstances:

"Condemning in particular the use of the death penalty against persons with mental or intellectual disabilities, persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, and pregnant women,
Condemning the imposition of the death penalty as a sanction for specific forms of conduct, such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations, and expressing serious concern that the application of the death penalty for adultery is disproportionately imposed on women
"

So basically it's a matter of the UN not wanting people killed for being gay, reckless teens, or praying to a different God. Abolishing it altogether isn't what's going to happen.

Once again, perfectly reasonable. Why Trump would oppose this given he's supposedly against the radicals and extremes of Islam, is beyond me.


Lol dude, it says specific forms "such as" and lists some. Why would they word it like that if it specifically only applied to those things?

We aren't cackling super villains, and even Trump doesn't want to execute gays. Have you seen *any* other rationale for why this was done? At all? Since the explanation given is more or less exactly what is said in the article I gave.

And uh, lets take what you just said at face value. Dipshits are still trying to push this as merely "they want gays to be executed!" when it entails more than just executing gay people. How is that not dishonest? This is being painted as failing the LGBT community. It sounds like utter bullshit.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 5th, 2017 at 12:33 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 12:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Dark Knight

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Batcave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol dude, it says specific forms "such as" and lists some. Why would they word it like that if it specifically only applied to those things?


The examples given are of things that aren't really crimes and that thus shouldn't be punished, and it even says specific forms of conduct. So no, it's still not abolishing it completely, which is the main reason a lot of countries were against it.

Also, I'm certain the UN would leave out important details and specifics in their resolution. thumb up

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
We aren't cackling super villains, and even Trump doesn't want to execute gays. Have you seen *any* other rationale for why this was done? At all? Since the explanation given is more or less exactly what is said in the article I gave.


The problem is there isn't a rational explanation for not wanting to abolish the death penalty under these circumstances. Nobody's asking them to completely abolish it, just don't kill innocent people for being gay, of a different faith, etc.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
And uh, lets take what you just said at face value. Dipshits are still trying to push this as merely "they want gays to be executed!" when it entails more than just executing gay people. How is that not dishonest? This is being painted as failing the LGBT community. It sounds like utter bullshit.


Actually, a lot of articles note it's also abolishing the death penalty for teens, pregnant women, mentally ill and people of other religions. The major emphasis is the LGBT, of course, since that's currently the most widespread out of these categories.


__________________

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:30 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Captain's Chair, CA

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
It's about abolishing the death penatly under certain circumstances, specifically these circumstances:

"Condemning in particular the use of the death penalty against persons with mental or intellectual disabilities, persons below 18 years of age at the time of the commission of the crime, and pregnant women,
Condemning the imposition of the death penalty as a sanction for specific forms of conduct, such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations, and expressing serious concern that the application of the death penalty for adultery is disproportionately imposed on women
"

So basically it's a matter of the UN not wanting people killed for being gay, reckless teens, or praying to a different God. Abolishing it altogether isn't what's going to happen.

Once again, perfectly reasonable. Why Trump would oppose this given he's supposedly against the radicals and extremes of Islam, is beyond me.


Oh Trumpers...


__________________


You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Dark Knight

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Batcave

I'm... not a Trumper. :/


__________________

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:33 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Captain's Chair, CA

Wasn't saying you were


__________________


You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Dark Knight

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Batcave

Alrighty then.


__________________

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:38 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

I get what you are saying, but then I guess really it comes down to this. Think of all the things in this country that can get you a death sentence. Is there any possible way this resolution could be abused when it comes to death sentences for crimes that we also execute people for?


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Gender: Male
Location: The Proud Nation of Kekistan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Also, I'm certain the UN would leave out important details and specifics in their resolution. thumb up

Not saying I agree with Surtur here, but having some vagueness that's open for interpretation, so it can then be exploited, isn't an unheard of thing in legislation or policy making.


__________________

I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:46 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Dark Knight

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Batcave

No, because the resolution doesn't condemn the death penalty for those crimes. If a rapist claims that the resolution protects him, well then he'd be lying as no legal document supports that idea. With the exception if the rapist was mentally ill or a teenager, but the US doesn't execute them either, if I remember correctly.

There's very little wiggle room to work off of.


__________________

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:48 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

I mean I will say this: if this is 100% clear cut and would have only made things like: gay sex, adultery, apostasy, and blasphemy not punishable by death I'd agree it is wrong to oppose it.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Dark Knight

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Batcave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I mean I will say this: if this is 100% clear cut and would have only made things like: gay sex, adultery, apostasy, and blasphemy not punishable by death I'd agree it is wrong to oppose it.


thumb up thumb up thumb up


__________________

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:51 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Gender: Male
Location:

The problem the administration has here is it asks states to consider abolishing capital punishment due to the potential for it to be exploited to conduct human rights violations. A perfectly reasonable request given there are many states with capital punishment that abuse it.

Not signing on because we're asked to consider something is full-on snowflakeness.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:22 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 09:49 AM.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Trump Opposes UN Resolution

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.