KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What it means to be a man

What it means to be a man
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
@#$%

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
The fact that it's historically been implemented by men is the point, to me anyway. Essentially, classic 'alpha' males dominated most of history, and that's led to that being considered the male ideal, and the female ideal being submissive and subservient. The whole idea of gender is built on these mostly arbitrary aspects of the human mind, and that's the reason why we're getting people who don't identify as a gender now, because they don't see how these traditional gender roles apply to their lives. That's not to say that men don't generally behave in a certain set of ways and women behave in another, due to brain chemistry, but the focus on it is detrimental to our continued evolution as a species, imo. I think it's more important to figure out what it means to be human than what it means to 'be a man' or whatever.

Oh, I agree.

I do think "dominant behavior" is definately a thing. But I also don't believe it's something you can learn.

Nor can it really be studied, unless you can find a human who doesn't have a bias on the subject (Whether it's "I dominate every conversation in the room and women throw themselves at me", or "You beat me up and now I'm making more money then you are, haha", or "Got to be careful not to offend X, Y, Z, and get funding.."

Or some other varient..

Bottom line, the construct of alpha male is bs, the same way every construct is.

Which doesn't mean some guys won't be fit every stereotype in the book, just by their nature..

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 09:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen
Thor is gay

men of every race are being manipulated

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 09:33 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Originally posted by Raisen
men of every race are being manipulated

thumb up

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 09:38 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen
Thor is gay

Originally posted by cdtm
thumb up

look how divided this country is. men's ego and tendency to dominate is being used. our forefathers had simple wisdoms that we've lost

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 09:42 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

On that, I'm not so sure..

Ben Franklin had quite an ego. And quite a few "schemes" to enrich himself. A lot of founders did, too.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 10:31 PM
Raisen
Thor is gay

Originally posted by cdtm
On that, I'm not so sure..

Ben Franklin had quite an ego. And quite a few "schemes" to enrich himself. A lot of founders did, too.

I used the wrong term. I just meant men of the past

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 10:33 PM