KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vader vs. Grand Inquisitor

Vader vs. Grand Inquisitor
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The Grand Inquisitor is obviously not High Council level, come on, lol.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 11:45 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Why does he scale both above the 7th and 5th? What I'm going with is this, you really expect that the writers wanted the GI to be a Council level combatant? You sure?

Sidious or Vader implied he was the best of the inqusitors in the most recent comic, and he's considered their master.
I'm not denying that the GI isn't great, but I feel adding him to Council level is a little bit of a stretch. I'm willing to place him at Knight level, because that's more sound until there's more information. 1 comic issue doesn't cut that.
[/B]

It's not just one comic issue, it's all the scaling he gets over incarnations of Kanan and other inqusitors who have feats that place them at their level.
Unless of course, the writers don't give a flying bantha about placement in relation to where characters stand as combatants. [/B]

Why would the GI being on the level of council masters mean the writers don't give a crap about where characters stand as combatants?
Based on what can't the GI be on the level of council masters?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by |King Joker|
The Grand Inquisitor is obviously not High Council level, come on, lol.

If all you have here is an appeal to incredulity, I'll be ignoring that in favor of the GI's scaling and feats which are more impressive than what members of the council have to offer.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Based on what can't the GI be on the level of council masters?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 03:54 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well given he was a Knight, I'd say he by definition was Knight level.

Except he has more experience since the purge, can now tap into the dark side, and is later trained by Vader. So I'd assume he's substantially above knight level

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Actually you know what? Fine if you wanna believe he's Council level, though this makes the writers complete idiots on Rebels for introducing such a supposedly powerful character for all of 1 Season and then come in with 2 lesser powerful characters for the remainder.

How in that is logical progression? You don't fight the boss first and then fight the minions. But you know, with all the face scrunching writing going on in Canon...well hey, lets just throw all sense out the window.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Since when did Rebels have logical progression?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:07 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Actually you know what? Fine if you wanna believe he's Council level, though this makes the writers complete idiots on Rebels for introducing such a supposedly powerful character for all of 1 Season and then come in with 2 lesser powerful characters for the remainder.

How in that is logical progression? You don't fight the boss first and then fight the minions. But you know, with all the face scrunching writing going on...well hey, lets just throw all sense out the window.

Uh yea, the logical progression is from the inquisitor to Darth Vader, someone who would roflstomp most council masters.

And yes, if they wanted to bring in Darth fcking Vader, they'd throw out the inquisitor even if he was on par with Kit Fisto.

Stop trying to second guess authorial intent and just take the L zen.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Oct 6th, 2017 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:08 PM
Zenwolf

Uh yea, the logical progression is from the inquisitor to Darth Vader, someone who would roflstomp most council masters.

And yes, if they wanted to bring in Darth fcking Vader, they'd throw out the inquisitor even if he was on par with Kit Fisto.

Stop trying to second guess authorial intent and just take the L zen.

Darth Vader wasn't the antagonist in the series, he had best showed up a few times, the actual antagonists were the Inquisitors.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

How in that is logical progression? You don't fight the boss first and then fight the minions. But you know, with all the face scrunching writing going on in Canon...well hey, lets just throw all sense out the window.

Even if the GI isn't Councilor-level that's exactly what happened.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:18 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
Even if the GI isn't Councilor-level that's exactly what happened.

True, but now it's just worse if true.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:19 PM
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kanan Jarrus > Council members confirmed.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:32 PM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

This was obvious. :/

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:20 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Kanan vs Savage?
Also Syn GH

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:22 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Kanan ragdolls.

Nah, doing essays.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:23 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

I think you're trolling, but not sure.

Only for 10 minutes

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:27 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

smile

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:47 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

True, but now it's just worse if true.

If what Ares said is true regardless of how powerful the GI is, then your argument here is bunk. thumb up

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:30 PM
Zenwolf

If what Ares said is true regardless of how powerful the GI is, then your argument here is bunk. thumb up

My argument wasn't even that. That wasn't even really an argument.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 6th, 2017 at 07:36 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 07:34 PM