KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Ask A Russkie Anything

Ask A Russkie Anything
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Russians seen on Travel shows seem so serious, is that accurate about the typical populace?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:29 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Yes, it's very accurate. But only on the surface. Meaning you won't find strangers greeting each other or even smiling. That usually goes for public transportation and even staff in cafes/restaurants. Not in our culture for some reason. I especially notice that after coming back from abroad. But that seriousness immediately goes away once you get to know the person or even once you get acquainted with a stranger. Many people here have this weird facade of seriousness that is dropped rather quickly.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Oct 9th, 2017 at 12:47 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:45 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

What is something you don't have in Russia that you wished you did?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:52 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

You'll find anything here as long as you have the money to pay for it.
So I would say a higher standard of living in regrds to salary/pensions etc.
Also, some basic freedoms that exist here, but aren't as extensive as I wish they were.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 01:09 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Do you think most Russians would be happier if the infrastructure (buildings, roads, etc) were newer, or are most people happy the way things are?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 01:10 PM
SamZED

Infrustructure in major cities is actually pretty good. That's one of the few things they willingly spend a lot of money from the budget. Most welcome it. As for smaller cities, I think that'd make them happy.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 01:34 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

If you could design your dream house (money and materials were abundantly available) what would it look like?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:45 PM
SamZED

I'm not very original in this case. A kickass mansion with it's own beach access. Two floors, a fountain as you get through the main entrance (Scarface style), several bedrooms, an office, an inside pool that flows into an outside pool with a great view, and a large open terrace on the second floor. A pool room would be nice too. So nothing too fancy. big grin

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 05:50 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Who would you rather have leading your country, other than Putin?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 06:11 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

What in your opinion is an interesting city other than Moscow?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 06:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How much propaganda about the 2016 election did you personally put on social media?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 06:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

What is the best Russian made car?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 09:42 PM
Raisen

do the females go all hairy or do they shave their bushes generally. i always thought russian women had hairy vags

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 12:01 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Who would you rather have leading your country, other than Putin?

I don't have any particular candidate in mind that'd qualify. The opposition leader is almost as shady as Putin himself. But seeing a fresh face would be nice.

What in your opinion is an interesting city other than Moscow?

I haven't been all over Russia, but St. Petersburg comes to mind, mostly because it is so unlike Moscow. Feels more like a city in Frace than Russia.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 08:54 AM
SamZED

Originally posted by Surtur
How much propaganda about the 2016 election did you personally put on social media?

I once photoshopped a pic of Putin on a dollar bill and dissiminated it all over the US.
Serious answer - none.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 08:59 AM
SamZED

What is the best Russian made car?
Volga used to be the sht decades ago. These days Lada is the best one and it sucks. Russia is good only with trucks. UAZ for example.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 09:01 AM
SamZED

Originally posted by Raisen
do the females go all hairy or do they shave their bushes generally. i always thought russian women had hairy vags

Nah, they shave. It is rare to ecnounter killer bushes.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 09:04 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Have you fired an AK-47? I've always wanted to.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 10:30 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Would you (Have you) join the Russian Army?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 07:41 PM
SamZED

Have you fired an AK-47? I've always wanted to.

Sorry for a late reply.

I have, years ago. It is also the only assault rifle i've fired so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Would you (Have you) join the Russian Army?
I would, but I haven't. Also, it's mandatory here.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:23 AM