KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Welfare: How do we fix it

Welfare: How do we fix it
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raisen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Like I said, crunch down and separate the people into two groups A) People that legit need assistance and B) The leeches who abuse the system (they know who they are), this should be the first stage.

That right there will safe millions, maybe billions. Then you look at the people who need assistance and you see if there's ways where they can get off and do for themselves, if possible.

Also not 100% sure you "They're fat, so they have too much" is correct, at least not in today's junk food era. You can get 5,000 calories of mostly sugar based foods for very cheap. Making a person overweight and cheaply.

then simply eat less of the cheap food. calories in and calories out.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:55 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Could we please not bring in impugning the integrity of the other side into every thread before it becomes relevant?

Surtur said this because Rob was mocking him in a round about way because Surtur admitted he's on disability a while back. So you are taking the wrong side. He was impugning Surturs character, not the other way around.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 04:56 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also when it comes to the healthy lunches thing I thought the argument was a lot of kids just weren't eating the healthy stuff being provided?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

it's concerning that 1/3 of democrats received assistance. this will eventually create a welfare state because people vote in their own interest. There is only one end: collapse

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:07 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sable
Surtur said this because Rob was mocking him in a round about way because Surtur admitted he's on disability a while back. So you are taking the wrong side. He was impugning Surturs character, not the other way around.

Incorrect. I've been against welfare leeches long before I met Surtur on KMC

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:13 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Incorrect. I've been against welfare leeches long before I met Surtur on KMC

Yes but your intention of that post was not mutually exclusive. Your post was obviously aimed at him being on disability. Stop being coy and at least apologize.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:15 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Look at this graph. 8 states pay more in welfare than the average school teacher makes.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Disturbing.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

I'm not a Republican. I'm definitely not a Democrat.

This is the politics of poverty. The threshold has progressively gotten higher and higher. We are nearly at a point where the majority of voters will be on social aid. This will undoubtedly create a political system where both parties must pander to the unemployed and welfare moochers...there will be no difference between the two.

Why don't people see this? We are mooching our way into a dictatorship.

I was in Kuwait for about seven months. I got to know a retired Colonel that was in the first Iraq war. He had a servant from Bangladesh that would make us tea and feed us properly. The colonel enjoyed falconry.

He told me that the trick to having a loyal bird was to always keep them a little hungry.
You feed them too much and they fly away and may never return.

Food for thought

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:28 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by Raisen
the idea that our "poor", that tax payers pay for, are living such a life that they can actually get to the level of being obese and further become a financial burden.

I understand that in this day and age calorically dense food is cheaper than healthier food that is more perishable. However, this is also indicative that they are receiving more than sustainable amounts of benefits.

Dried beans, lentils, rice, oats, eggs provide lean protein and fiber as well as being very inexpensive.

Alot of times when we see obese people on welfare its not just bad food choices its time constraints and a culture surrounding that lifestyle.

So then I suppose we could ask ourselves: How can more people earn livable wages so that they no longer qualify for welfare?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:38 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by snowdragon
Dried beans, lentils, rice, oats, eggs provide lean protein and fiber as well as being very inexpensive.

Alot of times when we see obese people on welfare its not just bad food choices its time constraints and a culture surrounding that lifestyle.

So then I suppose we could ask ourselves: How can more people earn livable wages so that they no longer qualify for welfare?

well, we're animals. we choose to be "high and mighty" and support those that say phuck it and use other people's money to eat KFC or Chipotle for every meal. Then we create an environment where criticism makes you some kind ist.

We are creating an environment that enables this kind of behavior to spread...which it has.

In nature if you can't pull your weight you generally don't eat. Harsh, but at some point it is necessary.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:42 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by Raisen
We are creating an environment that enables this kind of behavior to spread...which it has.

Who is this We?

It seems to me that "they" are creating this enviroment and we should define who "they" are and then we can look for a more concise, clear answer.

Are "they"

Welfare recipients? Democratic politicians? Republican politicians? Single parents? Black? White? Pink? Urban or Rural?

How much time do welfare recipients spend using social media, what groups are popular with them, how do they spend their free time.........

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:50 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by snowdragon
Who is this We?

It seems to me that "they" are creating this enviroment and we should define who "they" are and then we can look for a more concise, clear answer.

Are "they"

Welfare recipients? Democratic politicians? Republican politicians? Single parents? Black? White? Pink? Urban or Rural?

How much time do welfare recipients spend using social media, what groups are popular with them, how do they spend their free time.........

Well, the voters are the we. I see what you mean tho..

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 05:57 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Stop paying them more for more children.

Get them to do any unskilled labor we would have had to pay someone else for. Work for your aid so to speak barring any legit physical/mental ailments that keep you from doing so.

Get them to learn a trade. I have read that there is a huge shortage of skilled labor workers these days so they could be trained to fill these spots. I would rather pay more upfront for people to be more productive in society/be able to support themselves rather than pay a lot in the long run as welfare recipients make it a lifestyle.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 12:50 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by socool8520
Stop paying them more for more children.

Bingo, we do not need shit like this:

"Somebody needs to be held accountable" but I'm guessing not her for popping out 15 kids despite knowing she can't afford to care for them.

*smh*

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 12:57 PM
RHaggis
The Jammy Bastard

The solution is simple: abolition.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 01:53 PM
RHaggis is currently offline Click here to Send RHaggis a Private Message Find more posts by RHaggis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Not sure what you want to do about obesity. Being fat made illegal?

I'm all for health awareness and better eating being pushed to the front. eg schools in my area did away with junk food in snacks machines and school lunches are actually low sugar and overall healthy, ingraining the "eat healthy" early on. But you get certain people crying "muh freedoms! tyranny!" cos the school banned the Coca-Cola and Frito-Lay corporations

If you want healthier eating, you need regulation, both in schools and on companies.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 12:54 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

First thing to do is to separate out the people who legit need government assistance and the ones who are leeches; ones who could work, but prefer to take advantage of a poorly regulated system.

And I'm not just talking about food stamps, but workers compensation and disability leeches, those people are the worst.

I've heard that many people find their wages to be lower than what they get for food stamps.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 12:55 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I've heard that many people find their wages to be lower than what they get for food stamps.

I think that is the problem Rob pointed on in the quote you referenced.

You should not be making more with welfare than you would at a job. You should only be receiving enough aid to merely survive, not to live comfortably.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 07:27 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote