KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Only Hulk is Hulk

Individually
Any cinematic Bats - Cap 100/10
Black Panther - Cap 5/10, Maybe even 7
Winter Soldier - Cap 3/10. People seems to forget about the metal arm
Engineer - Cap 8/10
Predator - Cap 9/10
Luke Cage - Cage 10/10
Jason depends on incarnation
Original - Cap 10/10
Later version 1 - Cap 7/10
Later version 3 - Cap 6/10
Cyborg Jason - Jason 10/10


__________________

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:58 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

Re: Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Take turns hitting each other untill one drops

Who wins each (out of 10)

Batman
Batman (BVS))
Black Panther (No suit)
Jason Vorhees
The Winter Soldier
Engineer
Predator
Luke Cage


If the comics are canon the Engineers are >> Predators, so change your order.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 09:26 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Gender: Male
Location:

So let me get this straight: The fighters aren't allowed to actually dodge a blow? They just stand there and allow each other to land blows alternately?

He loses to Bucky and Cage. Maybe the Engineer, though the engineers lack feats to completely say for certain.


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:18 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
If the comics are canon the Engineers are >> Predators, so change your order.


People often forget this.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:26 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gender: Male
Location: A vault... duh...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
So let me get this straight: The fighters aren't allowed to actually dodge a blow? They just stand there and allow each other to land blows alternately?

He loses to Bucky and Cage. Maybe the Engineer, though the engineers lack feats to completely say for certain.


Jason might be a problem too, depending on the incarnation, considering he is strong enough to do things like:



or this, at 1:18:


__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:36 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

If they're not allowed to dodge Jason probably stops him. His damage soak is unreal and he's definitely strong enough seriously hurt Steve.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:41 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The fact that you think this suggests that you should not be in this debate. Unless, you know, you can post feats of Cap taking automatic gunfire, hits from SUVs and garbage trucks, rocket launchers, acid baths etc. without sustaining any serious damage. Because Luke Cage has.


I went and took at Like Cage's and Cap's fights.

1. Cap is stronger. The Super Soldier syrup makes Cap stronger, and faster than Cage.

2. Durability: Cap is more durable:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_qqTioJS8tc

Luke was getting beaten by Diamondback (Diamondback had superstrenght due to his suit).

https://youtu.be/zG0VMbcwshA

If enduring a high fall and taking direct punches from Iron Man isnt being more durable, then you are retarded.

Cap took several good punches from Iron Man without major damage (Iron Man's suit is definetly stronger than Diamondback's).

Oh and by the way boy, you dont get to decide who particepates in which thread.


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:45 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
If they're not allowed to dodge Jason probably stops him. His damage soak is unreal and he's definitely strong enough seriously hurt Steve.


Captian Americs took several GOOD punches from Iron Man in the face without an issue.

Dont see why he couldnt handle Jason.


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:46 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gender: Male
Location: A vault... duh...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I went and took at Like Cage's and Cap's fights.

1. Cap is stronger. The Super Soldier syrup makes Cap stronger, and faster than Cage.


Unless we use the offscreen bulldozer feat, strength is debatable based on actual onscreen feats. Cap has flashier feats, but the strength required to achieve some of Luke's is immense. Also, speed is irrelevant here, as they aren't dodging.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

2. Durability: Cap is more durable:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_qqTioJS8tc

Luke was getting beaten by Diamondback (Diamondback had superstrenght due to his suit).

https://youtu.be/zG0VMbcwshA

If enduring a high fall and taking direct punches from Iron Man isnt being more durable, then you are retarded.

Cap took several good punches from Iron Man without major damage (Iron Man's suit is definetly stronger than Diamondback's).


Cap is not more durable. Iron Man, when he got serious, bloodied Cap and put him on the ground in seconds. Luke took an extensive beating from Diamondback and was still fine at the end of the fight. And considering everything else Luke has tanked, that just shows how powerful Diamondback is. Also, Luke had to let Diamondback wail on him, because he had to let his suit run out of power.

And in his own series, Luke jumped out of a 6th story window, landed on his feet hard enough to crater the concrete, and jogged off without hassles. He's also taken multiple explosions, impacts with large speeding vehicles, sustained gunfire, dips in acid, exploding bullets made from alien metal etc. He's even taken an Iron Fist punch to the jaw and got up within seconds. Hell, even if we use low-ends like the shotgun, he is still more durable, as that would have killed Cap.

To look at their durability feats as a whole and conclude that Cap is more durable, you would have to be a moron.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Oh and by the way boy, you dont get to decide who particepates in which thread.


Suit yourself, but don't say I didn't warn you.


__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 6th, 2017 at 05:58 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:56 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The fact that you think this suggests that you should not be in this debate. Unless, you know, you can post feats of Cap taking automatic gunfire, hits from SUVs and garbage trucks, rocket launchers, acid baths etc. without sustaining any serious damage. Because Luke Cage has.



Luke Cage dense skin makes him more durable at a general level.

But we are talking about punches here, not missiles nor acid.

Luke is durable but not unbreakable.

Enough force will easily put him down. Cap has taken it against Iron Man which is arguably stronger than any character Cage has met.

Cage had trouble against Diamondback. Cap handled Iron Man well.

Cap wins. He is stronger, and can take more fist damage than Cage. He is also faster.

The fact that i ask a question doesnt mean i cant participate in a thread. And i can always research and strengthen my points.


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:00 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

Josh is a shitty troll

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:01 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Unless we use the offscreen bulldozer feat, strength is debatable based on actual onscreen feats. Cap has flashier feats, but the strength required to achieve some of Luke's is immense. Also, speed is irrelevant here, as they aren't dodging.



Cap is not more durable. Iron Man, when he got serious, bloodied Cap and put him on the ground in seconds. Luke took an extensive beating from Diamondback and was still fine at the end of the fight. And considering everything else Luke has tanked, that just shows how powerful Diamondback is. Also, Luke had to let Diamondback wail on him, because he had to let his suit run out of power.

And in his own series, Luke jumped out of a 6th story window, landed on his feet hard enough to crater the concrete, and jogged off without hassles. He's also taken multiple explosions, impacts with large speeding vehicles, sustained gunfire, dips in acid, exploding bullets made from alien metal etc. He's even taken an Iron Fist punch to the jaw and got up within seconds. Hell, even if we use low-ends like the shotgun, he is still more durable, as that would have killed Cap.

To look at their durability feats as a whole and conclude that Cap is more durable, you would have to be a moron.



Suit yourself, but don't say I didn't warn you.


Cap is faster in the sense that for every punch Cage laids Cap laids 2.

Iron Man is way stronger than Diamondback!!!! That isnt debatable.

The fact that Cap took it against Iron Man in a fist contest while Cage suffered to Diamondback automatically gives a point to Cap.

Cap is more durable. Ive proven my point.

Cap is also stronger. Cage isnt super strong as Iron Man is. Cage wont harm Cap as much as Iron Man did.

Cap wins.


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:04 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

Request mod ruling

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:05 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gender: Male
Location: A vault... duh...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Luke Cage dense skin makes him more durable at a general level.

But we are talking about punches here, not missiles nor acid.

Luke is durable but not unbreakable.


And, at an overall level, Luke is more durable. Garbage trucks, at their smallest, and empty, weigh about 15 tons. Luke got hit by one that was speeding, head on, and was perfectly fine. He's taken Iron Fist punches without serious damage, and Iron Fist has several better striking feats that Iron Man.

Also, all of Cage's cells are enhanced, not just his skin. This is explicitly told to us by the doctor who gave him his powers. We also see evidence of this when Luke tries to cut inside himself at one point and bends the tip of the scalpel instead.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Enough force will easily put him down. Cap has taken it against Iron Man which is arguably stronger than any character Cage has met.


Jessica failed to put him down via force. Diamondback failed to put him down via force. Iron Fist failed to put him down via force. Gao, with her chi tk and amped strikes, failed to put him down. Barring a PIS low-end (which would have killed Steve in anyways), the times he has been KO'd was when he was drugged, or shot with an RPG and then had a building collapse on him.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

Cage had trouble against Diamondback. Cap handled Iron Man well.

Cap wins. He is stronger, and can take more fist damage than Cage. He is also faster.

The fact that i ask a question doesnt mean i cant participate in a thread. And i can always research and strengthen my points.


Cage beat Diamondback despite the fact that his suit was perfectly catered to fight someone like Cage. Cap needed Iron Man to stop attacking him, as well as distraction from Bucky, to eek out a win.


__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:13 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gender: Male
Location: A vault... duh...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Cap is faster in the sense that for every punch Cage laids Cap laids 2.


That's not how this works. Slugfest is punch for punch.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Iron Man is way stronger than Diamondback!!!! That isnt debatable.


What screen feats does Iron Man's Civil War suit have that put him significantly above Diamondback?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The fact that Cap took it against Iron Man in a fist contest while Cage suffered to Diamondback automatically gives a point to Cap.


Only if you completely ignore the context of both fights, as well how they went.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

Cap is more durable. Ive proven my point.

Cap is also stronger. Cage isnt super strong as Iron Man is. Cage wont harm Cap as much as Iron Man did.

Cap wins.


No, you have not. You have spouted nothing but opinions.


__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:17 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TethAdamTheRock
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

The predator climed a tree while holding a man in one arm

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:34 PM
TethAdamTheRock is online now! Click here to Send TethAdamTheRock a Private Message Find more posts by TethAdamTheRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Captian Americs took several GOOD punches from Iron Man in the face without an issue.

Dont see why he couldnt handle Jason.


Iron Man was obviously holding back against Steve, he gave him like 50 million chances to surrender.

Because Jason is strong enough to cause serious damage and shrugs off injuries that would put down Steve.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:35 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gender: Male
Location: A vault... duh...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
Josh is a shitty troll


I am genuinely flabbergasted that he is arguing that Captain America is more durable than a guy who can take a direct hit (confirmed in Defenders) from a rocket launcher without sustaining any serious damage.


__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:41 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Gender: Male
Location: A vault... duh...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
Iron Man was obviously holding back against Steve, he gave him like 50 million chances to surrender.

Because Jason is strong enough to cause serious damage and shrugs off injuries that would put down Steve.


Well, it's not really usable for the debate, per Imp's recent ruling, but it was confirmed by Iron Man's Civil War fight choreogapher that he would be using "minimum force" when fighting Steve. And this was months before the film even came out.


__________________
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:43 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That's not how this works. Slugfest is punch for punch.



What screen feats does Iron Man's Civil War suit have that put him significantly above Diamondback?



Only if you completely ignore the context of both fights, as well how they went.



No, you have not. You have spouted nothing but opinions.


Lol. Iron Man suit is better than Diamondback's one. Iron Man suit is stronger.

As i said, in an overall criteria, Cage is stronger.

But cage was already fainting against Diamondback. Cap got several hits by Stark and didn't even seem to felt it.

If am not mistaken Cap has regeneration too. Which means his wounds are slowly healing. Which also gives an advantage to Cap.

Am just using logic. Iron man's suit is stronger than any foe Cage has engaged. If Cap can take it against Iron Man, why would Cage make it worst?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I am genuinely flabbergasted that he is arguing that Captain America is more durable than a guy who can take a direct hit (confirmed in Defenders) from a rocket launcher without sustaining any serious damage.


An explosion and a direct hit are two different things.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, it's not really usable for the debate, per Imp's recent ruling, but it was confirmed by Iron Man's Civil War fight choreogapher that he would be using "minimum force" when fighting Steve. And this was months before the film even came out.


In the last battle it was clear that Iron Man was fighting seriously. Iron Man suit can do SERIOUS damage.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
Iron Man was obviously holding back against Steve, he gave him like 50 million chances to surrender.

Because Jason is strong enough to cause serious damage and shrugs off injuries that would put down Steve.


Not in the last battle. Iron Man was angry after knowing that Bucky killed his mother.

Iron Man wasn't holding back in the last fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDDeqnfRwxk

Oh and by the way, Cap took a direct blast to the chest by Iron Man and wasn't affected. Another Point for durability.


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:19 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 03:23 PM.
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.