KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

And, BTW, using wikis as arguments is another violation of MvF rules.

MVF rules :
quote:
2) Google, YouTube, and Wikipedia are your friends. Use them wisely to find all sorts of neat material for your threads.

Your Ignorance has been noted TheVaultDweller.

Do yourself a favor and go inform yourself.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:53 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So, as far as I am concerned, we're done here. Majority backs Cage over Cap, no matter how much you cry.

Now it's clear you have no arguments to fight mines.

You have lost the discussion. Until you can bring stronger evidence, my points are valid.

As i said, I respect everyone's opinion

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:55 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

More like no patience

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 05:43 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
MVF rules :

Your Ignorance has been noted TheVaultDweller.

Do yourself a favor and go inform yourself.

Okay, seeing as you do not grasp the point, let me clarify. The key words there are "use them wisely". A wiki page itself is not a source. You can however use the wiki page to look up other sources, such as when they have specific feats listed in the footnotes, referencing when they actually occur. Because things like the MCU wiki pages themselves get edited by various fans who run the site all the time, and mistakes sometimes occur. I remember that same MCU wiki for a brief time had enhanced senses listed as one of Luke Cage's powers.

Because, after all, if it's actually accurate, it should be easy to point out the actual screen feats in question, instead of a wiki article. And you are going to have a hard time convincing anyone here to accept the word of a wiki page without an onscreen reference to support it.

I mean, hell, just look at that site's MCU Cap page. In the powers, under reflexes, have things written like, "His auto-reflexes allow him to easily dodge gunfire", with a reference to when this actually happened conspicuously absent. Cap is fast, but he's hardly what you would call a casual bullet timer.

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
More like no patience

This.

And until he stops his strawman antics, I am not going to bother engaging him in any discussions again.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Oct 10th, 2017 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 06:03 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Okay, seeing as you do not grasp the point, let me clarify. The key words there are "use them wisely". A wiki page itself is not a source. You can however use the wiki page to look up other sources, such as when they have specific feats listed in the footnotes, referencing when they actually occur. Because things like the MCU wiki pages themselves get edited by various fans who run the site all the time, and mistakes sometimes occur. I remember that same MCU wiki for a brief time had enhanced senses listed as one of Luke Cage's powers.

Because, after all, if it's actually accurate, it should be easy to point out the actual screen feats in question, instead of a wiki article. And you are going to have a hard time convincing anyone here to accept the word of a wiki page without an onscreen reference to support it.

I mean, hell, just look at that site's MCU Cap page. In the powers, under reflexes, have things written like, "His auto-reflexes allow him to easily dodge gunfire", with a reference to when this actually happened conspicuously absent. Cap is fast, but he's hardly what you would call a casual bullet timer.

This.

And until he stops his strawman antics, I am not going to bother engaging him in any discussions again.

In which instance haven't i used them wisely?

The Youtube videos I presented had Valid evidence themselves. They are not strong evidence, but is better than anything you have give so far!

My points have clearly been supported.

But as i said before, i accept your opinion wink

Oh, and don't bother, isn't like i wish to keep discussing what i've already won.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 07:38 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

In which instance haven't i used them wisely?

So, you don't even have enough common sense to realise what sources are valid and what aren't? You can't differentiate between fan statements that need references and actual screen footage?

The Youtube videos I presented had Valid evidence themselves. They are not strong evidence, but is better than anything you have give so far!

False, as nothing you posted topped the feats I listed for Luke's durability, or the striking feats from him or Iron Fist. Iron Fist has wrecked the entire floor of a skyscraper with a single punch. Iron Man has never done that.

My points have clearly been supported.

But as i said before, i accept your opinion wink

Oh, and don't bother, isn't like i wish to keep discussing what i've already won.

You haven't won shit lol. All you have done with this thread is lower your credibility even further. If you had been more reasonable up until this point, I would have actually made an effort to post vids of the SUV/garbage truck impacts, given stats on what the vehicles weigh (according to the internet movie vehicle database and other sources), I would have pointed out how steel has a tensile strength of around 40,000 PSI per square inch, and how Luke can casually bend solid gun barrels and things like tinfoil, which suggests that he exerts way more than that. I would have posted actual calcs to show just how powerful the rocket launcher impact from Luke Cage's own show was. Because those things are available.

But why should I? When you have shown repeatedly that you have zero qualms about being dishonest and changing the wording of my statements to misrepresent their meaning. Because there is actually a word for that. It is called creating strawmen. Which is considered a shitty and dishonest debating tactic. And until you get out of that habit, I have no time left for you.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 02:45 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

He's always been dishonest. like in the other thread he is basically arguing that a statement from one universe trumps actual onscreen feats from another universe.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 02:55 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Silent Master
He's always been dishonest. like in the other thread he is basically arguing that a statement from one universe trumps actual onscreen feats from another universe.

To be fair, I do actually think that Imp is being a bit inconsistent with this one overall. If he ruled against things like the tectonic plate feat from BvS in the past, I fail to see how character statements from people who clearly aren't omniscient (and definitely are not aware of the other universe being discussed in the debate) hold any water at all. Of course, that's assuming Josh has been honest about his whole interaction with Imp.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 03:01 AM
Silent Master

To be fair, I do actually think that Imp is being a bit inconsistent with this one overall. If he ruled against things like the tectonic plate feat from BvS in the past, I fail to see how character statements from people who clearly aren't omniscient (and definitely are not aware of the other universe being discussed in the debate) hold any water at all. Of course, that's assuming Josh has been honest about his whole interaction with Imp.

I think it's more Josh being dishonest. it's why he went the PM route instead of accepting my challenge. He didn't want IMP to see both sides of the argument and make an informed decision.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 03:11 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The PM's show he straight up ignored the meat of the argument and asked if "Statements are allowed". Which, I get his reasoning in saying yes, as the rest of the question wasn't asked. Without context, it could be worded like, "Tony Stark says Vibranium is the strongest metal around." And then it's proven to be. A feat compliments a statement. But he ignored all that so Imp would give the answer he wanted.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 04:00 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Take turns hitting each other untill one drops

Who wins each (out of 10)

Batman
Batman (BVS))
Black Panther (No suit)
Jason Vorhees
The Winter Soldier
Engineer
Predator
Luke Cage

Stops at Batman.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 04:17 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Re: Re: Captain America runs the Slugfest Matches

Originally posted by cdtm
Stops at Batman.

He stops at Nolanverse Batman? On the first match? Get the f*ck out.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 04:24 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by KingD19
The PM's show he straight up ignored the meat of the argument and asked if "Statements are allowed". Which, I get his reasoning in saying yes, as the rest of the question wasn't asked. Without context, it could be worded like, "Tony Stark says Vibranium is the strongest metal around." And then it's proven to be. A feat compliments a statement. But he ignored all that so Imp would give the answer he wanted.

Which is exactly what I said he'd do.

10 to 1 says you phrased the question in such way to get the answer you want. Nobody trusts you.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 04:29 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Even though it should be obvious, I am also going to clarify that when I said bend steel and things like tinfoil, I meant as if the objects in question were tinfoil. I know most people have enough common sense to realise that no one in their right mind would list bending actual tinfoil as a strength feat, but I can't be sure with Josh.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 04:38 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So, you don't even have enough common sense to realise what sources are valid and what aren't? You can't differentiate between fan statements that need references and actual screen footage?

False, as nothing you posted topped the feats I listed for Luke's durability, or the striking feats from him or Iron Fist. Iron Fist has wrecked the entire floor of a skyscraper with a single punch. Iron Man has never done that.

You haven't won shit lol. All you have done with this thread is lower your credibility even further. If you had been more reasonable up until this point, I would have actually made an effort to post vids of the SUV/garbage truck impacts, given stats on what the vehicles weigh (according to the internet movie vehicle database and other sources), I would have pointed out how steel has a tensile strength of around 40,000 PSI per square inch, and how Luke can casually bend solid gun barrels and things like tinfoil, which suggests that he exerts way more than that. I would have posted actual calcs to show just how powerful the rocket launcher impact from Luke Cage's own show was. Because those things are available.

But why should I? When you have shown repeatedly that you have zero qualms about being dishonest and changing the wording of my statements to misrepresent their meaning. Because there is actually a word for that. It is called creating strawmen. Which is considered a shitty and dishonest debating tactic. And until you get out of that habit, I have no time left for you.

I think it's more Josh being dishonest. it's why he went the PM route instead of accepting my challenge. He didn't want IMP to see both sides of the argument and make an informed decision.

Originally posted by KingD19

It's clear both of you are too stupid to debate with.

@TheVaultDweller

All you have done so far is use personal comments. You have showed no evidence nor viable information to trumpcard my points (Last time i check personal comments aren't viable for debating).

Until now, you've not debated, you've attacked. Therefore it's not longer worthy to keep arguing with you wink

Cheerio!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 05:37 PM
Silent Master

He's shown plenty of evidence.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 10:09 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

He's shown plenty of evidence.

No he hasnt.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 10:18 PM
Silent Master

You ignoring his evidence isn't the same as him not posting any.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 10:20 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

You ignoring his evidence isn't the same as him not posting any.

No. How can i ignore something he hasn't given.

I outlined and evidenced my points. He has used personal comments to attack them, which isn't debating.

So, until he can bring competent stronger evidence, my points are still up.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 10:26 PM
Silent Master

See above

Old Post Oct 11th, 2017 10:28 PM